IGNORED

Rory McIlroy Gets a New Agent, Again

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rory left Chubby Chandler at ISM, moved to Horizon Sports Management, now has left Horizon to start Rory McIlroy Incorporated

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/24302282

Quote:

The Northern Ireland golfer's interests will now be looked after by Rory McIlroy Incorporated.

The former world number one has fallen to sixth in the world rankings after a disappointing season.

McIlroy joined Horizon two years ago after parting with Chubby Chandler's International Sports Management stable.

The 24-year-old left ISM just four months after winning his first major by eight shots in the US Open at Congressional.

His move to Horizon saw him join fellow Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell, but now McIlroy is changing again.

A statement on his website on Friday read: "Rory McIlroy confirms he has terminated his contract with Horizon Sports Management and that the details of the termination are in the hands of a legal team led by A&L; Goodbody in Dublin, Ireland.

"The golfer's business interests will from now on be managed by Rory McIlroy Incorporated. CEO of RMI will be Donal Casey, an actuary by profession with many years of CEO experience.

"The Rory Foundation for charity will be run by Barry Funston, a business leader and long-time friend of the McIlroy family. Both men will serve on the RMI Board, together with Gerry McIlroy [Rory's father]."

McIlroy's multi-million pound deal with Nike coincided with a run of poor form at the start of 2013, which culminated in him walking off the course during the second round of the Honda Classic.

He failed to qualify for the Tour Championship on the PGA Tour last week, with Henrik Stenson's victory in Atlanta lifting the Swede to fourth in the world rankings and knocking McIlroy down to sixth.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The lad is not doing himself any good at the moment.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

The lad is not doing himself any good at the moment.

What's the adage?  A man who represents himself has a fool for a client?  Or words to that effect.  Or is he hiring others to work in his agency?  That might make a bit more sense, although it's going to be hard to compete with the big outfits that are already well established.

I hope he isn't blaming his agent for his poor season.  His agent wasn't the one hitting the shots.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I hope he isn't blaming his agent for his poor season.  His agent wasn't the one hitting the shots.

Then again, given how poorly most of those shots were hit, are we 100% sure about that?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

He's not representing himself. Read the post.

Quote:
The golfer's business interests will from now on be managed by Rory McIlroy Incorporated. CEO of RMI will be Donal Casey, an actuary by profession with many years of CEO experience.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He's not representing himself. Read the post.

Quote:

The golfer's business interests will from now on be managed by Rory McIlroy Incorporated. CEO of RMI will be Donal Casey, an actuary by profession with many years of CEO experience.

Hey, I was an actuary by profession for 20 years before I switched to teaching.  Why didn't he ask ME? :cry:

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Then again, given how poorly most of those shots were hit, are we 100% sure about that?

Good point. :doh:

Rick

Have read the forum for awhile but first time poster.

Just wanted to add that Rory split from his management company back in May but for legal reasons neither could comment, think that contributed to his poor form. They have now officially parted ways and lawyers are involved in the money side of the split.

Hopefully Rory will be back to his best next year, if not I don't know what's left for him to change!

I am just a bit disappointed in the lack of creativity in the naming of the company "Rory McIlroy Incorporated", I wonder how long it took to come up with that?

Michael

Hopefully Rory will be back to his best next year, if not I don't know what's left for him to change!

The swing, the girlfriend, the haircut. There's always something to change! ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Does it really matter, who else has the name Rory McIIroy, seriously.

I like this, I think he was being stretched by the new management team he had that got him that deal with Nike. To me Rory seems more of a chill dude than being in the spot light. I like the idea of him running the show.

I just wonder how this would grow, it would be cool if he gets a few of his friends to be represented under his corporation now. Maybe get McDowell to switch over.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

An actuary to manage your business interests ... hope he has a firm handshake. ;-) They don't have a lively reputation ... it's more about probability ... a financial bookie, so to speak.

I wish the guy great luck ... but all of this seems a way to stop giving a professional agent(s) a commission(s).

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

An actuary to manage your business interests ... hope he has a firm handshake. They don't have a lively reputation ... it's more about probability ... a financial bookie, so to speak.

I wish the guy great luck ... but all of this seems a way to stop giving a professional agent(s) a commission(s).

Do you know the difference between an actuary who is an introvert and an actuary who is an extrovert?

The extrovert looks at YOUR shoes.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Too many changes in Rory's life these days.  He needs to get back to basics, maybe go train in the snow covered mountains of Russia like Rocky did.  I like the kid so I hope he made all the changes he planned to and can now focus on golf for the 2013/2014 season.

Joe Paradiso

Too much change going on in such a short time span - it makes you wonder where Rory has been getting direction from in the last year or so. He needs a good management team supporting him - he signed a monumental deal with Nike and I'm sure they want their young star to shine. A seasoned PGA pro needs to mentor this kid...

Does it really matter, who else has the name Rory McIIroy, seriously.

I like this, I think he was being stretched by the new management team he had that got him that deal with Nike. To me Rory seems more of a chill dude than being in the spot light. I like the idea of him running the show.

I just wonder how this would grow, it would be cool if he gets a few of his friends to be represented under his corporation now. Maybe get McDowell to switch over.

He doesn't really have the option to "chill".  The sponsors expect visibility, so if he wants the money, he doesn't have a choice.  That is what happens to most of the promising new talent on the Tour these days.  They are fine as long as the focus is on golf, but once the sponsors take the reins, they are run ragged.  Their whole lives are planned out, and sometimes golf seems to take a back seat.  I think that it finally caught up to Rory.  It's a rare personality that can handle the load of burning the candle on both ends and in the middle.

Rick

The actuary who will be Rory's CEO was a Strategist at his old management firm. Think he had alot to do with the Nike deal. Then there was a guy from the old firm who dealt with Rory's day to day affairs at tournaments and the like who will also be joining his new team. So he'll have the best of both worlds, a sports agent and a businessman.

Note: This thread is 3830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!