IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

• Administrator

Rosaline on Hulu, par. It's what I expected. It was funny in parts, particularly to watch someone behave like it's 2022 or so while still being set in the 1500s or whatever. Just with the language, etc. Set against the Romeo and Juliet story, this is the story of Rosaline. Kinda like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, it's a full movie to a very supporting character(s).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just read there are going to be making a sequel to Twister, and call it Twisters...

twister.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1

"Twisters" will be released in theaters in the summer of 2024.

Twister, gets a tap in birdie for me. Somehow in the mid 90's made the tornados seem super intimidating.Β 

I am split on this because it just shows me that Hollywood has lost all ability to come up with new ideas. Yet, I kind of want to see what a movie about tornados will look like with current CG. I hope they do not make them look unrealistic (supercharging them). Think the movie, The Day After Tomorrow (gets a bogey πŸ˜›) where the weatherΒ affectsΒ kind of seem toΒ ridiculousΒ for how serious the movie took itself. They need the CG to make these tornados look as realistic and frightening as possible. I think in real life they are prettyΒ terrifying.Β 

Also, the title is Twisers. Like, the first movie had multiple twisters in it and it was just called Twister. How is Twisters a good name for the movie. I think Twister 2 would be much better. Maybe Twister 2, with some subtitle of some sort. That is fine. Twisters is just meh.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

17 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Also, the title is Twisers. Like, the first movie had multiple twisters in it and it was just called Twister. How is Twisters a good name for the movie. I think Twister 2 would be much better. Maybe Twister 2, with some subtitle of some sort. That is fine. Twisters is just meh.Β 

I think you wanted it to be called "Twister with a twist". Ah!

Philippe

:callaway:Β Maverick Driver,Β 3W, 5W Big BerthaΒ 
:mizuno:Β JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:Β  T7 55-09 and 60-10Β forged wedges,
:odyssey:Β #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

On 12/30/2022 at 3:44 PM, colin007 said:

Emily the Criminal - with my girl Aubrey Plaza 8.5/10

Is this a par, birdie or eagle? πŸ˜‰

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Yes. Please state which. On the fence about watching.Β 

Β Β :sunmountain:Β eco lite stand Bag
:tmade:Β Sim 2 Max driver
Β :callaway:Β MavrickΒ 20 * hybrid
:tmade:Β M2 3HLΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  :mizuno:Β JPX 923 5-gwΒ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Β Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

On 12/31/2022 at 10:51 PM, saevel25 said:

Β 

On 1/1/2023 at 12:16 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

Yes. Please state which. On the fence about watching.Β 

I would definitely recommend watching it. You won't regret it except for Aubrey's pitiful attempt at Spanish in one scene

I don't particularly care for the rating system that's used here

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

You won't regret it except for Aubrey's pitiful attempt at Spanish in one scene

Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
6 hours ago, colin007 said:

I don't particularly care for the rating system that's used here

No, you'd rather go with a horrendously fine-grained decimal system. Ha ha. πŸ˜„

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, iacas said:

No, you'd rather go with a horrendously fine-grained decimal system. Ha ha. πŸ˜„

😁😁😁

I rate my movies the same way I rate my women, always in search of the elusive 10

Colin P.

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

😁😁😁

I rate my movies the same way I rate my women, always in search of the elusive 10

My list of five movies that were a 10 not necessarily in this order:

1. Jaws

2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

3. Shawshank Redemption

4. Double Indemnity

5. Tombstone

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Bullet Train… I mean… is it "good"? No. But is it a super gory fight from the start to the end, with lots of action and good sequences and gore and blood and guts? Yeah.

It's kinda good in that sense.

I give it… a par. Because it's not good, but it is.

Enola Holmes 2Β - Par. It was enjoyable. We liked the first one as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

AvatarΒ (the original one), par. It was better than I thought (I'm not a big fan of super-CG movies, Sci-Fi type movies, etc.). I knew the whole story about how the humans were the invading species and the Na'vi were like the Native Americans in a lot of ways, and while that story was better than I thought… it was 2:30 (the new one is 3:00?!)… but the CG and whatnot just wasn't atΒ quiteΒ a high enough level to where it didn't just look slightly "weird" the whole time. I understand that facial expressions matter, but I almost think they should have gone away from human looking faces because the expressions were so awkward.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

but the CG and whatnot just wasn't atΒ quiteΒ a high enough level to where it didn't just look slightly "weird" the whole time.

I got this when I watched a blue ray version of the movie years ago. It just looked bad on my TV. I never got that feeling watching it in the theater. Though I only saw it in 3D, maybe that helped with how they filmed it.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

Watched a couple in last two weeks:

Shawshank Redemption..Β  Eagle on a re-watch (has been almost 20 years so didn't remember a lot..). It's been a while since I have felt a bit lumpy in the throat at the end of a movie. Oh, the humanity..

Wind River.. Eagle. Everything is a bit sharper against the brutish beauty of a Wyoming winter. The drama itself is edgy all the way to an awesome ending.Β 

Β 

Β 

Vishal S.

5 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Watched a couple in last two weeks:

Shawshank Redemption..Β  Eagle on a re-watch (has been almost 20 years so didn't remember a lot..). It's been a while since I have felt a bit lumpy in the throat at the end of a movie. Oh, the humanity..

Wind River.. Eagle. Everything is a bit sharper against the brutish beauty of a Wyoming winter. The drama itself is edgy all the way to an awesome ending.Β 

Β 

Β 

Wind River is a movie I could watch over and over. Β The storyline and the brutality of the Wyoming winters and landscape. Β We have a house south of Jackson, WY and the views in that movie always take me back when we are sitting in Nevada.

Definitely an eagle in my book.

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, WilsonΒ D9 Forged, VokeyΒ 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick