IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

that's too bad. I didn't like Tinker, Taylor, Soldier zzzzzzz for that reason.

I watched Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy a few times but I thought it was a book that was hard to make into a movie.  I have not read the book but plan on doing so.  There seemed to be pieces left out that you couldn't put together in my opinion.  I used to read a lot of spy novels and have read most of Ludlum's books, I like his writing style but even him in a few of his books I think even he got too tricky for himself.  The original uncut version of The Day of The Jackal is probably still the best book to film spy movie ever made.  Stayed very true to the book.

So, that being said:  The Day of The Jackal:  Eagle

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Kung Fury - Birdie.  but you cant really be younger than 30 to really appreciate the little 80s nods.  loved it.  best part is its only 30 minutes and on Netflix.

Colin P.

The Visit - Birdie

M. Night Shyamalamadingdong is a superbly talented director.  i loved this movie, and it scared the bejeezus out of me, but then again i am easily scared.  and no, i dont care if you figured it out early on in the movie, just enjoy the movie for the story that it is.  the hide n seek scene was HOLY CRAP!!!  lol....

Colin P.

The Gift. I'd give it a par. The acting was good, but the story was a bit weak on details.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I saw Bridge of Spy's ... would give it a birdie, but ... it was a bit slow in places.  So a very solid PAR.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• Administrator

Saw Spy the other day at home.

I give it a birdie, surprisingly. It was shockingly funny… and by that I mean it was shocking some of the things Melissa McCarthy said, and they were funny.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Saw Spy the other day at home.

I give it a birdie, surprisingly. It was shockingly funny… and by that I mean it was shocking some of the things Melissa McCarthy said, and they were funny.

The scene where she is insulting the other body guard is hysterical. We had to rewind it because we were laughing so hard, we missed lines.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Saw Our Brand is Crisis this weekend and despite having 2 actors I really like, Sandra and Billy Bob, it was quite possibly the worst movie I ever paid money to see.  It had absolutely no point at all other than to show that political campaigns are dirty, which we all knew.  But none of the actions in the movie make sense.  Nothing is motivated.  You never really know why people are doing the things they are ding and it is never explained and they never make sense.  The campaign strategist lies repeatedly and tells the candidate to lie and then is shocked that the candidate was lying to her as well?  

OTOH, I like Bridge of Spies a lot, although I think talk of it being Spielberg's best is wildly misplaced.  Doesn't even belong on the same list with Schindler, IMO, but a very good movie.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

This looks good. I am a huge fan of Tarantino. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I will gouge my own eyes out before I ever again see a movie he makes.

Rich - in name only

1 minute ago, turtleback said:

I will gouge my own eyes out before I ever again see a movie he makes.

Why's that?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Me too.  Believe it or not, I still haven't seen a handful of his stuff (Reservoir Dogs, Django - a few more) but some of his others (mostly the Kill Bills and Inglorious Basterds) are infinitely rewatchable for me.  They never get old.

Also, Jackie Brown is extremely under-rated. :-)

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I LOL every time that woman makes the hanging motion.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 1.17.50 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Me too.  Believe it or not, I still haven't seen a handful of his stuff (Reservoir Dogs, Django - a few more) but some of his others (mostly the Kill Bills and Inglorious Basterds) are infinitely rewatchable for me.  They never get old.

Also, Jackie Brown is extremely under-rated. :-)

Reservior Dogs is great. Just make sure you aren't within earshot of your children when you give it a watch.

23 hours ago, turtleback said:

23 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Why's that?

Because my late brother in law was a cop.  Because a lot of his friends gave their lives on 9-11.  Because if he was really sincere he would worry a little more about the 93% of black homicide victims who are murdered by other black people and a little less about the .03% of back homicide victims who are killed by cops (some of whom are black, themselves).  

So no, I will take every effort to avoid giving that man even a penny of my money.

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Because my late brother in law was a cop.  Because a lot of his friends gave their lives on 9-11.  Because if he was really sincere he would worry a little more about the 93% of black homicide victims who are murdered by other black people and a little less about the .03% of back homicide victims who are killed by cops (some of whom are black, themselves).  

So no, I will take every effort to avoid giving that man even a penny of my money.

I've obviously missed something - I don't know what you are talking about.

Edit:. Apparently he's against police brutality.  Jeez, what an asshole.

22 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I've obviously missed something - I don't know what you are talking about.

Edit:. Apparently he's against police brutality.  Jeez, what an asshole.

Good job of trivializing what he said.  It is possible to be against police brutality (I am) without blanketly calling police murderers particularly at at a time when police are increasingly being made targets.

Rich - in name only

16 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Good job of trivializing what he said.  It is possible to be against police brutality (I am) without blanketly calling police murderers particularly at at a time when police are increasingly being made targets.

The quote was something like let's call murderers murderers ... That doesn't say "all police" to me.  But you take it however you want - I don't care.  I'm going to gleefully keep watching and enjoying his movies just like people continue to enjoy Woody Allen movies or Roman Polanski movies.