IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I'm gonna science the sh*t out of this! Well, it is Ridley Scott.

Prometheus, I know some people liked it, but man, that was a disappointment. Please don't mess this one up, Ridley Scott.

Looks good. Seems to be your typical drama movie. If the acting is good, it will probably be worth seeing.

Lets hope one of those "Aliens" doesn't make a cameo ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

I'm gonna science the sh*t out of this! Well, it is Ridley Scott.

Prometheus, I know some people liked it, but man, that was a disappointment. Please don't mess this one up, Ridley Scott.

Looks good. Seems to be your typical drama movie. If the acting is good, it will probably be worth seeing.

Lets hope one of those "Aliens" doesn't make a cameo ;)

I hope they keep the humor from the book.  The lead character said a lot of funny stuff.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's interesting that 2 of the characters from Interstellar are in another moving about space exploration again right away. I may have to read this book, the premise of the story is interesting.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I loved Prometheus. Ridley Scott made one of the three best movies of all time, so he's gets a pass from me. I think I'm going to love The Martian.

Colin P.

I loved Prometheus. Ridley Scott made one of the three best movies of all time, so he's gets a pass from me.

I think I'm going to love The Martian.

I wouldn't put any of his movies in the top 15. That is just me. I do like his movies though.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Jessica Chastain keeps getting these "save the world/day" parts. Must be some clause in her contract.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I loved Prometheus. Ridley Scott made one of the three best movies of all time, so he's gets a pass from me. I think I'm going to love The Martian.

Just to be clear: are you citing Prometheus as one of the three best movies of all time? ;-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just to be clear: are you citing Prometheus as one of the three best movies of all time? ;-)

Lol I can see how that would be confusing...Blade Runner is one of my top three.

Colin P.

I loved Prometheus. Ridley Scott made one of the three best movies of all time, so he's gets a pass from me.

I think I'm going to love The Martian.

I should re-watch Prometheus. The cinematography was gorgeous and the Fassbender scenes were good.

Plus that automated surgery machine. But the one where the scientists mock the alien life form though...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I should re-watch Prometheus. The cinematography was gorgeous and the Fassbender scenes were good.

Plus that automated surgery machine. But the one where the scientists mock the alien life form though..

give it another shot...it really is pretty good.  i would give it an A-

Colin P.

RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Steve

Jurassic World - birdie.  Great special effects and decent story line.  I saw it in a rehabbed theater that has reclining lounge chairs now.  That was awesome.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Saw Jurrassic World on Friday with my son at an early show, avoiding the crowds.

Comparison with the original: Thought the original started out more suspenseful and had more humor - it's tough to beat the dry wit of Jeff Goldblum, Newman at the controls, and then getting eaten, and a lawyer getting beheaded while sitting in an outhouse.

On its own, though, JW is entertaining and suspenseful. The acting is fine, the redhead is finer (but the heels). Begins slowly, builds up, and then it takes the viewer on a suspenseful, monster killing spree. But it was also intelligent, had some humor, and made points that interweaved nicely into the story. Just lacked the wit of the original.

If you like disaster flicks where humans screw with nature and suffer the consequences, this flick is well done - recommended.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Watched Nightcrawler . I'd give it a solid two-putt par. I liked the major plot points, but a lot of the middle of the movie felt disjointed, and there wasn't enough character development for the ending to really mean much. Still, solid Netflix watch.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Got mixed feelings based on reviews of Jurassic World, but it was better than I thought it would be. NYT and New Yorker totally trashed it but that's expected. Reddit, geek world it is, lots of negative comments. There are no memorable one liners though. Life finds a way. When the Pirates of the Caribbean ride breaks down, the pirates don't eat the people. Spared no expense. God created dinosaurs ... woman inherits the earth, I'm always on the lookout for a future ex Mrs. Malcolm, the only one on my side is the blood sucking lawyer, this is a Unix system, I know this! [SPOILER=Jurassic World Spoilers]Female lead was terribly written. Tying up her shirt like Laura Dern? Ugh.   Didn't agree w/the remarks that the first part was boring. Similar to Tomorrowland in showing off park. I enjoyed it.   Omar Sy from Intouchables. He's getting lots of work. Thought he was gonna die.   Assistant dies an awful death. Jeez.   The only characters that weren't paper thin were the brothers.   Irrfan Khan/Billionaire owner, that's how he dies? [/SPOILER]

Steve

I watched a movie today on Amazon that was rated 5 stars.

I would absolutely give it 5 stars and it would easily be an eagle.

It star Kevin Bacon but was a real emotional ride.

It was called Taking Chance

Another really good movie is The Mighty a birdy for sure.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up.