IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Watched Infinity War last evening. I give it a tap an eagle. For a 2h30m movie, the was not slow. The characters worked well together. The writing was excellent. Thanos might be one of my favorite villains. I liked they gave a lot of time to developing his story. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanos is officially my favorite of all the characters in the Marvel Universe. I love how layered his character is.

Colin P.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to see Deadpool 2 tomorrow.!  :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Stanley Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey back in theaters this week. Worth a watch in a real theater rather than on a big tv, plus some work done to the picture, remaster, whatever.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

10 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Going to see Deadpool 2 tomorrow.!  :beer:

I have to wait until Sunday 🤨

Here’s hoping it turns out to be as wacky as the first one!

Picked up my copy of Black Panther today.  Not sure what I gave it the first time around, but it was an easy birdie for me.  Like Infinity War, this one blew by its 2 hour plus runtime without being boring.  

Corey

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Stanley Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey back in theaters this week. Worth a watch in a real theater rather than on a big tv, plus some work done to the picture, remaster, whatever.

It is possible that George Lucas said this.

DdAB2aaX4AAHrh9.thumb.jpg.2b3d3563f03b7602833719be164b0c4e.jpg

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

6 hours ago, Shorty said:

It is possible that George Lucas said this.

DdAB2aaX4AAHrh9.thumb.jpg.2b3d3563f03b7602833719be164b0c4e.jpg

Different kind of movie although scifi, but THX 1138 not far removed from 2001, time wise.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

10 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I have to wait until Sunday 🤨

Here’s hoping it turns out to be as wacky as the first one!

Picked up my copy of Black Panther today.  Not sure what I gave it the first time around, but it was an easy birdie for me.  Like Infinity War, this one blew by its 2 hour plus runtime without being boring.  

Tap-in Birdie.  

Loved the movie, just as wacky as the first one but different enough so it just wasn’t a retread. Looks like they all had fun making it, stay for the end credits.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator

Deadpool 2: par.

Just about what I expected. A bit less of a storyline than I'd have liked, and, I dunno, as a sequel it was good but not great.

I was entertained. Don't get me wrong. Par is a good score. 18 of those make you a scratch golfer (or better) at a lot of great courses.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Deadpool 2.  Missed birdie putt for a par.  I’ll pretty much echo the comments above from Iacas.  

The X-Force bit was hilarious.   

Corey

Deadpool 2, I might want to give it a birdie for the Juggernaut song lyrics. My friend did not even hear the lyrics until they the song was played during the credits.

I found most of the jokes to be OK for the first half of the movie. I like the Cable character. I really like when action ratcheted up a lot.

Rating: A missed 30 Ft birdie putt, a tap in par.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Solo, par. It was okay, very safe, very clinical, I can't say it was bad, can't say it was good. It just, was.

Steve

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Solo, par. It was okay, very safe, very clinical, I can't say it was bad, can't say it was good. It just, was.

The Last Jedi was really bad.  Triple Bogey.

So I am going to skip Solo.  Disney is trying to cash in on the franchise and I refuse to donate.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Rewatched TLJ again and forget what I gave it, but now I think it's an eagle. Something much different going on there and that's a good thing.

Have a feeling will rate Solo lower in the future.

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Rewatched TLJ again and forget what I gave it, but now I think it's an eagle. Something much different going on there and that's a good thing.

People like to hate TLJ, but honestly that one was a birdie for me. There were only 3 things that stood out to me that I disliked, and honestly only one of them had any bearing on the plot. I put the stuff in a spoiler box in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Spoiler
  1. I wasn't a big fan of the weird Leia magically floating back to the ship. I think it would've ended up as a strong plot point to have her drift away/turn into star dust like Luke did later and make her a martyr for the cause, but I can see why they wanted to make use of the scenes they were able to shoot with Carrie Fisher.
  2. I couldn't help but laugh when I first saw the laser beams arcing like cannon shots for 2 reasons - one being the fact that they're lasers, and the second being that they weren't near anything that would have gravity to pull them in such an arc even if they weren't lasers. I understand it was to cinematically convey that they were at the very edge of the range of the ship's weapons, but I just thought it was pretty funny to watch.
  3. The movie was really long (2.5 hours). This is something I actually liked about the movie, but my bladder REALLY hated it when combined with the half-gallon soda the movie theaters sell to you.

• Administrator

The Post. Bogey. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Solo: A Star Wars Movie gets makes a long birdie putt. 

A solid movie, really enjoyable, does justice to the Han Solo character. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 hours ago, iacas said:

The Post. Bogey. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Lol. It was very predictable but then, we knew the ending. 😜

Steve