IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

3 hours ago, iacas said:

The Post. Bogey. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I couldn't even finish watching it..   Double bogey!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, nevets88 said:

Solo, par. It was okay, very safe, very clinical, I can't say it was bad, can't say it was good. It just, was.

Agreed solid par. Sits firmly in the middle of the Star Wars cinematic (non animated) universe. 

Just got done watching Ant-Man, easy birdie.  Great movie, wish I would’ve seen it when it came out, looking forward to the Ant-Man and Wasp.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2001: A Space Odyssey, eagle. Totally worth it to watch in a real theater. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I had been wanting to see The Red Sparrow since recently reading the book.  It's a three part series by author Jason Matthews, I'm about half-way through the third book.  A really good old time spy story based in modern times, written by a 33-year veteran of the CIA, with a sexy/hot main character named Dominika.  Even the name exudes sex, and there's definitely some  sex in both the book and the movie.  She's a powerfully strong character with her own set of flaws and her own agenda matched up with her "handler", Nate Nash.  

Of course I made a mistake watching the movie after reading the book, and the movie completely failed to capture the essence of the story and left huge gaping holes in the plot.  It completely left out huge components that make the story, well ... the story.  My wife watched it with me, and without having read the book was completely lost and didn't like it at all.  "Boring and full of holes", she said.  A disappointing bogey, but well acted by Jennifer Lawrence and Joel Edgerton.  Read the book if you like spy thrillers, well worth it ... and, weirdly, some good recipes if you like to cook.

Watched Black Panther over the weekend, and would give it a Par.  I know a lot of people really liked the movie a lot, and I guess I can understand why - lots of good action, well acted, and excellent special effects.  I was just put off by the racial injustice bent of the story - found it unnecessary.  Color me overly sensitive in these polarizing times.  Still, you can never be sad when you get  a par - it's a good score.

Top Gun 2.

You can be my wingman any day.

Sniff, sniff... You stink!

I'm holding on too tight, I've lost the edge.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Watched "12 Strong" based on a true story --  Eagle. 

Disclaimer: I maybe a bit biased as I love movies about armed forces and especially special forces.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

My wife and I saw Solo this morning.   I gave it a birdie.   I like the guy playing Solo.   The character is witty, charismatic,  and true to "my" vision of an earlier Han Solo.   Woody Harrelson plays a great role as a Emilia Clarke.   The movie is fast paced with no lull.   I recommend it.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Ocean's 8 (67%, 52% on RT), par.

It's very enjoyable… just… exactly what you'd expect.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, I'd give 8 a par too, although Anne Hathaway was so good in it. It might have been better as a heist movie without the Ocean's 11 baggage.

Incredibles 2, birdie. While it's exactly what you'd expect, it was really funny and the Bao short in front of it was heart rending. 

Steve

Annihilation - Par. Interesting story and good acting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

51 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Annihilation - Par. Interesting story and good acting.

Annihilation - Par for me as well, watched this last night. Very good movie, I like Natalie Portman a lot and I don’t think I had seen Jennifer Jason Leigh in a movie in a long time.  Hadn’t read the books but the movie worked well.  The bear which screamed like the gal it killed was definitely creepy.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Won't You Be My Neighbor? Eagle. An inspiring figure, Fred Rogers. Pretty much everyone was dusty, lots of tissues were used.

Steve

I love Sneakers so much. Eagle.

Steve

• Administrator

The Incredibles 2 - Birdie. Despite the obvious plot (it's not even a toss-up between the brother and the sister), the story was nicely done. The effects were great (the spraying off the boat on the water was the only awkward part), and I even liked how "cartoony" it got during the flashing lights fight in faux-Screenslaver's lair.

It was a good second act, and better than, say, Cars 2, for sure.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Tag, par.

I thought it was better than I was expecting, until it had to get predictably stupid at the end. Meh. Just leave it as a fun romp.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Par. First half was fun. The 2nd half is a completely different movie and tone.  Enjoyable. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 2 weeks later...

First Reformed, birdie. A piercing examination into faith, greed, self-destruction and technology.

Steve