IGNORED

Would you ride the Golfboard?

Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard these got a lot of interest at the PGA show in Florida this year so I wouldn't be shocked if they start showing up at courses.  They will speed up play but I wonder how easy it is to control and stay on when you are on a hilly surface.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I heard these got a lot of interest at the PGA show in Florida this year so I wouldn't be shocked if they start showing up at courses.  They will speed up play but I wonder how easy it is to control and stay on when you are on a hilly surface.

I heard from a reliable source that they will be at a handful of courses in Minnesota for the summer. As a semi-retired skateboarder + golfer...I'll definitely be renting one. Not sure if it will speed up play however...

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I heard from a reliable source that they will be at a handful of courses in Minnesota for the summer. As a semi-retired skateboarder + golfer...I'll definitely be renting one. Not sure if it will speed up play however...

They have the potential to speed up play because they are single golfer vehicles so all the benefits of walking plus the speed of riding.  The hope is this will speed up play of casual golfers that share cart.

If they both ride up to each others balls and wait for each other to hit then you're right there will be no time benefit.

Joe Paradiso

We saw them at Dubsdread Golf Course in Orlando a few weeks ago.  They look fun.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We saw them at Dubsdread Golf Course in Orlando a few weeks ago.  They look fun.

Were they renting them there, or just demoing them as part of the PGA show?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Were they renting them there, or just demoing them as part of the PGA show?

they were renting them.  They said that you have to be trained on them before you go out.  15 minutes or more.

Scott

My Swing Thread

they were renting them.  They said that you have to be trained on them before you go out.  15 minutes or more.

No real interest to me, but I'll have to ask about them next time I'm over there. If they're that big of a deal to ride, I'd think that would be a real barrier to them realistically replacing carts.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

No real interest to me, but I'll have to ask about them next time I'm over there. If they're that big of a deal to ride, I'd think that would be a real barrier to them realistically replacing carts.....

People were out on the course on them.  They looked fun.  I think it is more like riding an motorized scooter.

Scott

My Swing Thread

ick...15 minutes or more? That would seem like a major pain in the ass for some courses.

Joel Holden

Quote:

ick...15 minutes or more? That would seem like a major pain in the ass for some courses.

It think that is just for the first time.  After that, it is just like a regular cart.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 months later...

We rented them in Las Vegas at Las Vegas National for $20. They had the bag stand/handle bars attached and it had a cup holder. The control switches were on the handle bar, not the wireless remote version. It did make the round more enjoyable and it makes you want to explore more of the course and take the scenic route to your ball. However we had a fivesome and they did speed up play for us. We never fell behind although the group in front was a little slow. They could be a little dangerous around cart paths with curbs which a few of us found out the hard way. I would rent one again for sure.

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway: X2 Hot 3W  |  X Hot Pro 16H  |  X2 Hot 19H

:callaway: Apex 4-PW Project X 5.0 Flighted   

vokey.gif SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron: Del Mar  |  titleist.gif NXT Tour S  

The Makai Golf CLub in Kauai had a couple of these and people were using them.  I can see these at some courses, but not all, and I think these would be dangerous on holes that have steep inclines and safety humps.

Not sure I would do it, just standing rather than walking seems like it would tire you out first, as you have to balance yourself for 3-4 hours.  A single cart though is a good idea, as that would speed up play.  Far too often when two people are in a cart they ride up to their ball and wait for the one to hit and then ride to the next ball, ad naseum and slow play abounds.

This might be better

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SX-E0906-3A-single-seat-electric_1935579777.html

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Mississippi National Golf Links in Red Wing, MN will have them in June from what I hear. Pretty syched.

Joel Holden

I'd best keep my distance. Im getting flashbacks from my young days attempting to skateboard!

I'd end up flat on my arse if i tried riding one off these. Can you do tricks on them? ;-)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Note: This thread is 2933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!