IGNORED

2013 Northwestern Mutual World Challenge (Tiger's Tournament)

phan52
Note: This thread is 3784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You are wrong.  Only 2 players get invitations.  Phil meets the qualifications virtually every year, clearly he is just choosing not to play, as is his right.

From the tournament site:

Even if that were not the case, I doubt that Tiger would be so petty as to exclude Phil.  I also doubt that could be the case without raising a big stink in the media.  Of course if Phil had an event and Tiger kept skipping it . . .

I don't think its about being petty.  I think if you look at the field minus Adam Scott he's seems to be buddies with all the the other guys.  I think Tiger and Phil have a lot of respect for each other and do get along they just don't seem to be good friends.  I think its the same way with Tiger and Jack. Tiger has a lot of respect for Jack but it seems like he really likes Arnie its no disrespect to Jack but he's better friends with Arnie. I feel the same way with Phil.  Im not saying Phil didn't qualify but maybe he's said no in the past so Tiger just doesn't invite him anymore.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think its about being petty.  I think if you look at the field minus Adam Scott he's seems to be buddies with all the the other guys.  I think Tiger and Phil have a lot of respect for each other and do get along they just don't seem to be good friends.  I think its the same way with Tiger and Jack. Tiger has a lot of respect for Jack but it seems like he really likes Arnie its no disrespect to Jack but he's better friends with Arnie. I feel the same way with Phil.  Im not saying Phil didn't qualify but maybe he's said no in the past so Tiger just doesn't invite him anymore.

Geez, how clear does it have to be???  Except for the 2 special exemptions this is NOT AN INVITATIONAL!!!  Everyone who qualifies is invited and Phil virtually ALWAYS qualifies.  It has NOTHING to do with Tiger not inviting Phil.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Geez, how clear does it have to be???  Except for the 2 special exemptions this is NOT AN INVITATIONAL!!!  Everyone who qualifies is invited and Phil virtually ALWAYS qualifies.  It has NOTHING to do with Tiger not inviting Phil.

Soooo ... Why doesn't Tiger invite Phil??? What a jerk. ;)

I hope so.  I like to see him chase down Jack's record.

I think it will be a make or break year for Tiger in terms of catching Jack's record.

Originally Posted by colin007

getting my boner up for tiger...i have a feeling next years going to be a big one for Tigs...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I see Rory's breakup with Caroline is just a tabloid rumor as they just flashed Rory with Caroline riding in a golf cart together.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I haven't gotten a chance to watch the tournament yet, but the scores so far suggest that the course is playing pretty tough today...

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I absolutely love this course... The mountains in the background, the mansions all around, the layout....it seems like a magical place.

Colin P.

I'm sure they do. They did last year...

http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/events/events_scorecard.sps?EventID=5143

Its relatively recent (last 3 years?) that they get points, I think previously it was an invitational only but they needed to give it qualification criteria to enable the event to get OWGR points (the same goes for the Nedbank in SA this week).

So previously Tiger was snubbing Phil, now Phil is snubbing Tiger or something like that......

I absolutely love this course... The mountains in the background, the mansions all around, the layout....it seems like a magical place.

It's pretty serene up there. it's a private community for the well off folks. I use to fish in the lake up there in the 60's. i think Kelsy Gramer lives up there.

It's pretty serene up there. it's a private community for the well off folks. I use to fish in the lake up there in the 60's. i think Kelsy Gramer lives up there.

Yeah, looks like the kind of community I would only get into if I was mowing lawns...

Colin P.

I've only watched half of the first round on my DVR so far, but it seems like the greens are super fast and tricky!  I saw a lot of short putts being missed!

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

Tiger looked more confident with that 100 gram and more flexible shaft in his driver. Time will tell if it keeps up.

Still missing putts that used to be almost automatic for him though.

Note: This thread is 3784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!