IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

That's cold! Ours were working.. but I thought I was going to have to have my hand amputated when I was finished.

Haha, today the keyless entry wouldn't work. Supposed to be way warmer tomorrow, might even get above zero.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Here in Waterloo Ontario our local air supported golf dome has collapsed from all of the recent snowfall. This is the second time that this has happened in as many years. The collapse last year occured on 8 February and they did not have the dome re-inflated until May. So much for winter practice I guess.

I am too depressed to even think about golf........ I don't think we'll see grass until mid June here in Wisconsin. I live in the southern part of the state and we even have 18-20" of base snow..... and we're getting 3 more inches tomorrow. We haven't seen a day above freezing in almost a month. It's currently -1 F. outside and that feels warm now...... At 38, this is the hardest winter that I can remember where I live. The good thing is when we hit the 40's and the snow melts the courses will open and we'll all be playing in shorts!

So, cross country skiing anyone?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I heard predictions of "heavy snow" in march, don't know if it's true or not.

Farmers’ Almanac is predicting an intense storm with heavy rain, snow, and strong winds at the beginning of February. This could seriously impact Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2, which will be played for the first time at a cold weather site (New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium). Most of the rest of February will be characterized by punishing weather, including a powerful storm system toward the middle of the month that could leave many coastal areas flooded.

As the old lore says, March will come in like a lion this year, with cloudy windy conditions in the opening days of the month giving way to a major East Coast storm bringing both heavy rain and snow to New England, with lesser amounts to the south. Things will remain frigid and unsettled through the spring equinox, with wintry conditions continuing past the start of the new season.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Scott

My Swing Thread

Hell No. I had enough of that sh*t when I was in army. Today will be driving range and motorcycling, tomorrow golfing. This is way better.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Hell No. I had enough of that sh*t when I was in army. Today will be driving range and motorcycling, tomorrow golfing. This is way better.

That is great for you, but we have a foot of snow on the ground :cry:

Scott

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Goodman

That is great for you, but we have a foot of snow on the ground

Been there, done that. I feel you pain brother.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Supposedly by the 17th of February, it is supposed to get warmer with warm air that's following the "caboose storm" around Valentine's Day. After that storm, it's supposed to signal a permanent change for the season bringing more spring-like weather for a time, and then after we've been spoiled, a more average March is to follow. The changing angle of the sun as the days get longer contribute to the change in climate at times go on, so with all that being said, golf season's not too far away. :)

If there was a simulator within a reasonable distance, winter would be so much more tolerable! Out of town for work and went and hit balls on one both days, cured the itch a little. Also was hitting nice little push draws by the end after starting with my typical pull hook/draw. Hopefully a sign my swing overhaul is starting to come around!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Got out for 9 holes yesterday for the first time in a few weeks. My ball striking left a lot to be desired...Well actually it flat out sucked. Good thing I was only playing for fun (or at least that was the plan). About the only bright spot was that I hit my driver really well. Supposed to get 4 inches of snow tomorrow so I suppose I'll have to wait a while for a chance at redemption. (Dreaming of drier fairways and green grass).

Got another couple of inches of snow last night right on top of the mess already on the ground. Snow in the forecast for later this week. This winter has been brutal and we're not even half-way through February yet. Enough with this snow already! :surrender:

I had to unsubscribe from this thread ... seeing the Title pop up in email and then looking at the grey sky and cold weather .. it's not the positive I want...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Suppose to get into the 60's later this week.  Can't wait.

It's been 2+ weeks of snow on the ground.  For here, that is unusually long for this time of the year.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I'm so far away from playing a golf course around here it's pitiful. Sooo, I just go to the golf dome and heated range to try to maintain some kind of groove in my swing. I chip and putt a lot in my house too. Doing my annual bag overhaul helps a little too. Next fix, Greater Milwaukee Golf Show...

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical