IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Just played my first round since the first of the year yesterday.  Granted it was only 9 holes (with 3 balls on each shot though) and the course was anything but in good shape and it was blowing hard too.  Don't care it was great!!  Unfortunately they are predicting a northeaster this week that could bring a lot of snow - hoping they are wrong though.  Looking forward to next weekend (if it doesn't snow) when a few more courses might be open.  This winter has to end sometime.

How is this for a late March forecast? -3 right now, and it doesn't appear to be getting warmer anytime soon.

At least we warm up a little bit during the day...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50's are coming at the end of this week and 60° on Monday! I'll definitely get out there for 18 on Sunday morning (hopefully). My last attempt resulted in an impromptu whiteout blizzard  that dropped 3 inches of snow with 25° weather, even though our weather forecasters were calling for 54 and sun. Well, it hit 54 later that day at 3 PM but it was sopping wet by then.

@Jim12golf What was open in Boston?

I got a Facebook post about course openings.  Not many.  The only one I played was Amesbury.  The Cape is going to get buried tonight.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

@Jim12golf What was open in Boston?

I got a Facebook post about course openings.  Not many.  The only one I played was Amesbury.  The Cape is going to get buried tonight.

It will be cleared off early next week. I was in Newburyport area this weekend. I would imagine some place is ready to play down there.

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played 27 this weekend.  It reached the 70 on saturday.

Today its been snowing all morning.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Alright. I've been very patient but enough is enough. I didn't move back to Alabama to watch it snow all day on March 25. :pound:

Wasn't even in the stupid forecast either. We thought we might get some play today at the course because it was supposed to be around 50 degrees and sunny.

(They only missed it by 15 degrees and forgot to throw in the 20 mph wind and snow :doh: ).

Alright. I've been very patient but enough is enough. I didn't move back to Alabama to watch it snow all day on March 25. :pound: Wasn't even in the stupid forecast either. We thought we might get some play today at the course because it was supposed to be around 50 degrees and sunny. (They only missed it by 15 degrees and forgot to throw in the 20 mph wind and snow :doh: ).

I think that dip south saved us from it. At least it will all melt fast for you...

I think that dip south saved us from it. At least it will all melt fast for you...

What little is on the ground has been melting away in between snow showers so it doesn't amount to anything. The cold and wind are another story though. Nobody playing golf.

This will be the 4th time this year that I'm letting myself think this will be the last of it.

What little is on the ground has been melting away in between snow showers so it doesn't amount to anything. The cold and wind are another story though. Nobody playing golf. This will be the 4th time this year that I'm letting myself think this will be the last of it.

We somehow dodged any measurable accumulation yesterday - points south of Philadelphia picked up a few inches (close to 6" in some spots - ugh!). This HAS to be the last of it, right????? Enough already. At this rate, we'll probably bypass any actual spring season and probably be in the 80's by mid April - will go right from running the heater to running the A/C with no reprieve (but who cares as long as the course is open and playable...)

• Upvote 1

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

I played 9 holes Monday in Westchester County NY. It was 27 degrees.

It was my first time out since December.

Only saw two other lunatics on the course:)

With the storm missing us, gonna try for tomorrow afternoon too!

The Cape got snow!  We didn't get snow!  Yeah!  Usually they avoid snow and get rain when we get pounded.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I played 9 holes Monday in Westchester County NY. It was 27 degrees. It was my first time out since December. Only saw two other lunatics on the course:) With the storm missing us, gonna try for tomorrow afternoon too!

Too funny!

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Short article in the local paper about course status and hopeful opening dates:

(the link may not work after a week or so, just the way the paper does things here)

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Brutal-winter-leaves-a-lot-of-work-to-be-done-on-area-golf-courses-252338871.html

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

No snow on Long Island either, just really cold and windy.  Unfortunately the weekend looks like a washout.

Joe Paradiso