IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Pretend you are in Scotland while playing!

I was just in the Boston Area last weekend. It seemed like golf would have been possible if not for the rain.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will. A quick stop at chipotle and I am heading there... Hopefully the sun peeks out.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

My first  round of golf in 2014. Haven't touched the clubs since September.

Last year, this happened in the second half of May. This year, it was April 3. Warmest winter ever.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I'm not in the maritimes anymore, live in Montréal now. My home course is an executive course but it has light so I can play after I put the kids to bed which lets me triple (at least) the amount of rounds I can play compared to if I was restricted to only playing while there is daylight. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/95559/] [/URL] God damn, I am chompin' at the bit. Let's play some ****ing golf already!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Do you still find it somewhat hard to follow your ball path after hitting it though?

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Awesome!

Do you still find it somewhat hard to follow your ball path after hitting it though?

We have an 18 hole par 3, and they light up down the fairway. This actually makes it even easier to see the ball.

From the picture, it looks like they back light as well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

We have an 18 hole par 3, and they light up down the fairway. This actually makes it even easier to see the ball. From the picture, it looks like they back light as well.

Jealoussssssss!! I'm just dying to get out there. Been virtual golfing about 4 times this winter just to get my fix but it's not enough...

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Jealoussssssss!!

I'm just dying to get out there. Been virtual golfing about 4 times this winter just to get my fix but it's not enough...

On the plus side, you can't do damage to your handicap either :doh:

I really need to start getting aggressive with my putting. GIR is not all that great if you're 40 feet from the pin.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On the plus side, you can't do damage to your handicap either :doh: I really need to start getting aggressive with my putting. GIR is not all that great if you're 40 feet from the pin.

I hear ya. To be honest Id say putting is where I feel the most confident about my game. My goal for this year is to hit more GIR and after a few swing tweaks I think I'll see a huge improvement for this year.

I hear ya. To be honest Id say putting is where I feel the most confident about my game. My goal for this year is to hit more GIR and after a few swing tweaks I think I'll see a huge improvement for this year.

At least you have a good putting foundation to see the improvements immediately.

Do you subscribe to 5SK? It has worked wonders for my iron game. After hitting an iron shot, I think "Did I do that?"

Not sure why I keep hooking my drives. I'll probably work on it in my new hitting net once I finish it tonight. Probably just tense or something.

My son is getting really good with his long game with 5SK as well, he just needs more practice to gain the consistency he needs.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

At least you have a good putting foundation to see the improvements immediately. Do you subscribe to 5SK? It has worked wonders for my iron game. After hitting an iron shot, I think "Did I do that?" Not sure why I keep hooking my drives. I'll probably work on it in my new hitting net once I finish it tonight. Probably just tense or something. My son is getting really good with his long game with 5SK as well, he just needs more practice to gain the consistency he needs.

Thanks.. I haven't subscribed to it but I've been looking for a while and might do so. I'm glad to hear it helped you, I might wait and see where my game is at this summer and go from there as far as making some changes required. Regarding your hooks.. I had a similar problem with my driver. Keep in mind I'm a lefty but I was getting some nasty hooks and pull hooks.. What helped me was actually changing my grip slightly. Instead of the two hands forming a V to my left shoulder I would move my left hand over just slightly so I wouldn't rotate my hands too much at impact and keeping from closing the face too much. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.. I haven't subscribed to it but I've been looking for a while and might do so. I'm glad to hear it helped you, I might wait and see where my game is at this summer and go from there as far as making some changes required. Regarding your hooks.. I had a similar problem with my driver. Keep in mind I'm a lefty but I was getting some nasty hooks and pull hooks.. What helped me was actually changing my grip slightly. Instead of the two hands forming a V to my left shoulder I would move my left hand over just slightly so I wouldn't rotate my hands too much at impact and keeping from closing the face too much. Hope that makes sense.

Makes sense. My desired flight is a draw, so on my hook shots maybe my grip is ever so slightly more closed. I don't really rotate my wrists or hands before impact, but I can see the grip as a potential issue. I'll try that tomorrow's round.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Makes sense. My desired flight is a draw, so on my hook shots maybe my grip is ever so slightly more closed. I'll try that tomorrow's round.

Cool, good luck pal. Hitting up the simulator Monday.. BRING ON THE SEASON!!!! (Gladiator voice)

More snow this morning.  It melted by noon...but that's not the damn point.  Cold, wet, and muddy.  Weather sucks.  It will probably be another few weeks before courses open assuming we can stay above freezing and the ground can dry out enough.  Can't wait until every snow bank is gone.  Haven't touched a club since September because October was cold and wet with snow showers around Halloween.  I'm long past "winter depression."  What comes after that.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I'm not in the maritimes anymore, live in Montréal now. My home course is an executive course but it has light so I can play after I put the kids to bed which lets me triple (at least) the amount of rounds I can play compared to if I was restricted to only playing while there is daylight.

God damn, I am chompin' at the bit. Let's play some ****ing golf already!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a good setup! Nice to have the option to play after dark (especially having young kids).

Will W

Played yesterday for the first time in Mass.  Course was in decent shape. The round was painfully slow, 3 hours for 9!  I guess there was lots of rust ahead of us.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Played yesterday for the first time in Mass.  Course was in decent shape. The round was painfully slow, 3 hours for 9!  I guess there was lots of rust ahead of us.

It was 5 hours for 18 for me. Soggy course and my shoes water proofing went south this year....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Went to an outdoor range for the first time this year. Some courses are trying to open this week, so may even play next weekend....

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter