IGNORED

Cary Schoen and The Lower Body Lie That Is Devastating Golf (Troll Thread)

ZeroComp
Note: This thread is 3785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hogan was one of my grandfather's closest friends.  When I was a kid and we'd go to get togethers at my grandparent's house, Hogan would often be there.  He was a quiet and sulking kind of guy, especially after the accident, but if you got him alone then he was a fine conversationalist.

My grandfather was big into golf and he got me into it when I was very young.  Hogan would often join us, but he hated watching me swing.  I hit the ball allright, but he was nevery happy with my technique.  And he was always telling me this one thing that seemed simple, but took me many years to fully comprehend.  And to make matters worse, he'd always tell me that I couldn't tell anyone.  I had to take it to my grave.

Well, I realize now that Hogan conveyed to me his "secret."  It's not so much a "secret" as a way of using your right elbow and left knee.  I promised him that I would never tell anyone, and I almost never speak of it, but I do get angry when people accuse Hogan of manufacturing a secret.  He did in fact have a secret that has allowed me to average in the low sixties throughout my golfing life, which has been on again off again, more off, due to personal concerns and commitments.

But all of you out there looking - keep looking.  It's really almost clear exactly what he's doing in the video link below:

A fitting post in this thread. I could have played center field for the St. Louis Cardinals too, but I had other commitments. Who wants all of the hassle of being one of the best anyway.

(Now I have to pry my tongue out of my cheek)

Hogans secret allowed you to "average" in the low 60's throughout your on & off again golfing life.    Just think if you took golf seriously ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How much longer do I have to stare at this pile of rocks? I mean, I think I feel something, but I'm not sure .

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
How much longer do I have to stare at this pile of rocks? I mean, I think I feel something, but I'm not sure.

That was his Christmas present to us. I think he thought they were pieces of coal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That was his Christmas present to us. I think he thought they were pieces of coal.

You mean I just wasted 30 hours on this? I could have been in the basement working on my 11 priority pieces. :doh:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Hogans secret allowed you to "average" in the low 60's throughout your on & off again golfing life.    Just think if you took golf seriously ...

I think he was joking. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Is it the same guy doing this over and over or different people trying to hawk different stuff?  I played golf from about 13 years ago until 5-6 years ago (said 4 earlier, didn't realized it had been longer than that).  Wasn't any real forums that I followed back then.  I can imagine this trash on some of the real estate investment forums I have seen.  This seems on par with the "One Simple Trick" advertisements you see sometimes.  Or even better is the "The One (!!) Thing PGA Professionals Will Never (!!!) Tell You!"  Snake Oil is the only recession proof commodity.

I really don't know if he's trying to sell something or not, I just think he's a nut.  Anyone that would come onto a golf forum under the premise of "trying to start a discussion" and then act like a tool has some issues.

Hogan was one of my grandfather's closest friends.  When I was a kid and we'd go to get togethers at my grandparent's house, Hogan would often be there.  He was a quiet and sulking kind of guy, especially after the accident, but if you got him alone then he was a fine conversationalist.

My grandfather was big into golf and he got me into it when I was very young.  Hogan would often join us, but he hated watching me swing.  I hit the ball allright, but he was nevery happy with my technique.  And he was always telling me this one thing that seemed simple, but took me many years to fully comprehend.  And to make matters worse, he'd always tell me that I couldn't tell anyone.  I had to take it to my grave.

Well, I realize now that Hogan conveyed to me his "secret."  It's not so much a "secret" as a way of using your right elbow and left knee.  I promised him that I would never tell anyone, and I almost never speak of it, but I do get angry when people accuse Hogan of manufacturing a secret.  He did in fact have a secret that has allowed me to average in the low sixties throughout my golfing life, which has been on again off again, more off, due to personal concerns and commitments.

But all of you out there looking - keep looking.  It's really almost clear exactly what he's doing in the video link below:

I think what to really take away is that Hogan's secret was HIS secret.  If I tried to implement his secret, it probably wouldn't do anything for me unless it was related to my priority piece.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Well, after several attempts, I am unable to post the video here.  Perhaps it's better this way...  Knowing what I've told you and watching the video wouldn't leave much to decipher.  Golf is a personal journey.  I'm sorry I meddled, but I don't want to be a jerk either.  If you send me a private message, I can send you the link to the video.  Unfortunately, the only place I have it posted requires a small fee ($195 USD) to view hosted videos.  I know a pay site probably strikes you as some sort of scam, but as a show of good faith, I will include a small device that I created, based on a training aid that Hogan gave me as a teenager.  Between the video and the training aid, you will find truths beyond your wildest dreams.

Take me, for example.  My best round was a 54 at Pinehurst on a frigid day.  There's no reason that some of the better golfers here couldn't improve on that.

• Upvote 1

:-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:
Originally Posted by spentmiles View Post

Well, after several attempts, I am unable to post the video here.  Perhaps it's better this way...  Knowing what I've told you and watching the video wouldn't leave much to decipher.  Golf is a personal journey.  I'm sorry I meddled, but I don't want to be a jerk either.  If you send me a private message, I can send you the link to the video.  Unfortunately, the only place I have it posted requires a small fee ($195 USD) to view hosted videos.  I know a pay site probably strikes you as some sort of scam, but as a show of good faith, I will include a small device that I created, based on a training aid that Hogan gave me as a teenager.  Between the video and the training aid, you will find truths beyond your wildest dreams.

Take me, for example.  My best round was a 54 at Pinehurst on a frigid day.  There's no reason that some of the better golfers here couldn't improve on that.

:-D

Agreed.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Between the video and the training aid, you will find truths beyond your wildest dreams.

Such as:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

and

Caveat emptor.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Do I have to smoke the training aid?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Do I have to smoke the training aid?

You could.

Or just stuff it in your lip...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

Sometimes I really love this site and (most of) the people on it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do you take cash in the mail? Or should I just give you my bank account information?

I'm not worried about the money, I'm going to be collecting big from my Nigerian investment soon.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

When you google "Cary Schoen golf instruction" this thread comes up second

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

At first, when I read that you were unable to post the video, I thought to myself, "man this guy is full of it!"

Then when you offered to show anybody who PM'd you the link, I figured, "maybe he's not full of it, and he just struggles with technology."

But, then you threw in the "small" fee, and I started getting skeptical again.  "Hmmm, waaaait a second, is this guy trying to trick me," I thought?

And just when I think things couldn't get any more suspect, you go ahead and offer some training aid that you're peddling...

...AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

When you google "Cary Schoen golf instruction" this thread comes up second

What's the first hit, a pile of rocks? Or an ad for feminine hygiene? Edit* oops, forgot to mention Cary Schoen by name, gotta get this thread into the coveted #1 google hit. Wouldn't want wandering golf pilgrims to accidentally purchase douching apparatus thinking that they are magical training aids.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!