IGNORED

Golf Course prank, what would happen here?

Andy Andy
Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's a golf course about an hour from my house where they do a PGA tournament every May.

Suppose that I got 17 guys together to buy spectator tickets and go there this Spring.

We then have 1 guy on each of the 18 holes.

We pick one specific golfer to mess with, say Tiger Woods.

Then after Tiger Woods tees off on the first hole, as soon as his first drive hits the fairway, the guy on the first hole runs out onto the course, grabs the ball and runs off with it.

So when it happens on the first hole, PGA officials will think it's an isolated incident and allow for a replacement ball to be dropped about where the first one landed, no biggie.

BUT when the same thing happens on the second hole, Tiger and Company will be all like "Oh great, we're in for a long day!"

And hole after hole, the great ball snatching prank continues.

Lol how would that be handled?

After all, with thousands of spectators, there's no way for the PGA guys to know in advance which person in the crowd will be the prankster of the hole, right?

Would our 18 hole prank make PGA history?

Never happen, they don't allow unaccompanied 13 year-olds into those tournaments.  Your dads would stop it right away, beat your spoiled little asses and hustle you out so the adults and the more mature, well behaved kids could enjoy the tournament.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't know about where you live but when the Buick Open was in Grand Blanc, Michigan, people were arrested for nonsense like this.   The fines were excessive and it definitely stopped any problems.    I don't think you guys have enough money to cover the jail time and heavy fines.

But then again....

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Would our 18 hole prank make PGA history?

It would be EPIC, Dude!

I could only hope the response from security would result in another "don't tase me bro!" YouTube video.

Jon

Try it and find out-When you get out of jail, visit the library to use the Internet again and tell us how it went.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Spectator steals Tiger Woods ball on first hole

Dublin, Ohio - An identified man ran onto the course at the Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village and stole Tiger Wood ball off the first tee.  He was tackled by other spectators and severely beaten with golf umbrellas before security was able to separate the crowd.  Dublin PD arrested the man.  He is currently in stable condition at Dublin Methodist Hospital after emergency surgery for removal of a Nike Method 001 putter (35" similar to the one TW uses) from his lower digestive tract.  Police believe the perpetrator had accomplices, but they are believed to have fled the scene after seeing the incident on the first hole.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Spectator steals Tiger Woods ball on first hole Dublin, Ohio - An identified man ran onto the course at the Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village and stole Tiger Wood ball off the first tee.  He was tackled by other spectators and severely beaten with golf umbrellas before security was able to separate the crowd.  Dublin PD arrested the man.  He is currently in stable condition at Dublin Methodist Hospital after emergency surgery for removal of a Nike Method 001 putter (35" similar to the one TW uses) from his lower digestive tract.  Police believe the perpetrator had accomplices, but they are believed to have fled the scene after seeing the incident on the first hole.

Hahaha, it will probably play out just like this

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Is anyone old enough to remember what Baltimore Colts linebacker Mike Curtis did to a fan who tried to run off the field with the football? I heard an interview with him years later and he said something like (paraphrasing) "I was trying to work (do my job) and the guy was screwing with my livelihood".

I have to ask a naive question... we're all being trolled by the O.P., correct?

Jon

Spectator steals Tiger Woods ball on first hole Dublin, Ohio - An identified man ran onto the course at the Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village and stole Tiger Wood ball off the first tee.  He was tackled by other spectators and severely beaten with golf umbrellas before security was able to separate the crowd.  Dublin PD arrested the man.  He is currently in stable condition at Dublin Methodist Hospital after emergency surgery for removal of a Nike Method 001 putter (35" similar to the one TW uses) from his lower digestive tract.  Police believe the perpetrator had accomplices, but they are believed to have fled the scene after seeing the incident on the first hole.

nice fake news article, the odds of old golf fuddy duddies running after me in unison in mob form to beat me up over this? Just not gonna happen. This isnt a college championhip game. Golf is as you say a gentlemen's game is it not? Are these gentlemen smart enough to consider that this guy whom they know nothing about could be armed before they attack me? (.357 plus permit)

I don't know about making history but you and the rest of The Little Rascals would definitely have to make bail.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Is anyone old enough to remember what Baltimore Colts linebacker Mike Curtis did to a fan who tried to run off the field with the football? I heard an interview with him years later and he said something like (paraphrasing) "I was trying to work (do my job) and the guy was screwing with my livelihood". I have to ask a naive question... we're all being trolled by the O.P., correct?

you ask "is anyone old enough to remember" meaning you have to go back quite some time to find an example of a player attack? Regardless of the situation, tell me with a straigut face that a PGA player attacking a spectator isnt a massive fine and suspenion?

nice fake news article, the odds of old golf fuddy duddies running after me in unison in mob form to beat me up over this? Just not gonna happen. This isnt a college championhip game. Golf is as you say a gentlemen's game is it not? Are these gentlemen smart enough to consider that this guy whom they know nothing about could be armed before they attack me? (.357 plus permit)

Lol. What did you have for breakfast, a dumbass omelet? Did it ever occur to your little pea brain that one or many of the mob swarming you may be carrying too? Way to escalate things Einstein. :doh:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Lol. What did you have for breakfast, a dumbass omelet? Did it ever occur to your little pea brain the one or many of the mob swarming you may be carrying too? Way to escalate things Einstein. :doh:

[quote name="Andy Andy" url="/t/71811/golf-course-prank-what-would-happen-here#post_935959"] nice fake news article, the odds of old golf fuddy duddies running after me in unison in mob form to beat me up over this? Just not gonna happen. This isnt a college championship gam[/quote] I think if im being attacked by a mob id be justified, but you dont give much credit to your sport if you think golf spectators would commonly do this. All im saying is that before anyone attacks anyone, they should stop and consider "what if this person has a gun" the escalation occurs when the spectators answer a prank with a mob assault, the attackee drawing a gun is reactionary, not the primary aggressor. But despite all of this, since when are golfers known to riot?

I'll let you enjoy the rest of your omelet in peace.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

you dont give much credit to your sport

Are you a golfer?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="Andy Andy" url="/t/71811/golf-course-prank-what-would-happen-here#post_935971"] you dont give much credit to your sport[/QUOTE] Are you a golfer?

I doubt it, but he would be shocked seeing an umbrella tip coming at him at 85mph. Possibly many of them. Those would be from the seniors. . .:-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!