IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone changed their irons or another club while using GG? I simply pulled the tags from old and put into the new, then updated my golf bag...but I'd really like to separate the data pre and post new irons in this case. I guess that I could use the Last Round or Last 5 Rounds and other options to show data for new irons, and vice versa for the old. I may be solving my own problem as I type this out, apologies for rambling...but I'm curious how others have handled a club change while using GG. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I thin a wedge over the green into a creek.  I choose to hit my next shot from the same spot.

Posting this I have two choices:

1) Similar to re-teeing, I use a 2 stroke penalty and only show as 1 swing (don't tag the 2nd swing).  I think this is good as you don't mess up your driving stats.

2) As I did in the image, use a 1 stroke penalty and tag both swing.

Is there a correct way?  Does it matter?

penalty.PNG

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

I thin a wedge over the green into a creek.  I choose to hit my next shot from the same spot.

Posting this I have two choices:

1) Similar to re-teeing, I use a 2 stroke penalty and only show as 1 swing (don't tag the 2nd swing).  I think this is good as you don't mess up your driving stats.

2) As I did in the image, use a 1 stroke penalty and tag both swing.

Is there a correct way?  Does it matter?

penalty.PNG

I prefer the "two-stroke" option, but I'm pretty sure the 0-yard shot basically works out the same way… it's ignored for your stats just like chip-outs and stuff are ignored.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 9/21/2016 at 5:56 AM, skeedawg said:

Has anyone changed their irons or another club while using GG? I simply pulled the tags from old and put into the new, then updated my golf bag...but I'd really like to separate the data pre and post new irons in this case. I guess that I could use the Last Round or Last 5 Rounds and other options to show data for new irons, and vice versa for the old. I may be solving my own problem as I type this out, apologies for rambling...but I'm curious how others have handled a club change while using GG. 

Just create a new club in your club bag and drag over the red tag. If you don't delete your old club, you'll be able to see stats for both.

• Upvote 1

Thanks @hdanak because I didn't think about that one...

Has anyone had trouble getting their tags into the Super Stroke putting grips? I changed mine yesterday and can't that sucker to go in. Thought about making the hole a bit wider but wondered if anyone had another option. 

• 6 months later...

This is frustrating.  Played yesterday (first time since November), charged my game golf, had it on... tagged shots, it buzzed and vibrated and everything.  Go to load, nope, but a partial of my round from November (which I guess I never got around to uploading and signing... who knows) is in there.  Well, that sucks. 

If I remember correctly, I didn't charge it proper before the November round, so it ran out of battery then.  I wonder if it thought I was finishing the round but wasn't anywhere near that course?  

Oh well, I can probably do a reset before my next round and be okay. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

20 hours ago, Shindig said:

This is frustrating.  Played yesterday (first time since November), charged my game golf, had it on... tagged shots, it buzzed and vibrated and everything.  Go to load, nope, but a partial of my round from November (which I guess I never got around to uploading and signing... who knows) is in there.  Well, that sucks. 

If I remember correctly, I didn't charge it proper before the November round, so it ran out of battery then.  I wonder if it thought I was finishing the round but wasn't anywhere near that course?  

Oh well, I can probably do a reset before my next round and be okay. 

I had a round load on the GameGolf app on my PC, but when I went to the GG web site to review the round it had disappeared. I emailed GG and they restored the round.  So, the roundt made it to their database but just had some sort of glitch that kept me from accessing it.

You might try contacting GameGolf.

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

You might try contacting GameGolf.

Yeah.

And to @No Mulligans, they had a week back in March where rounds were getting stuck in limbo.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This may have been answered before but I couldn't find it in this thread - is it possible to get your data out of GameGolf and into a spreadsheet?  I'd like to do some analysis on my numbers but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the raw shot data out efficiently.

I am guessing the answer is no but I'm wondering (a) why not? and (b) does anyone know or have a view on whether it will be available in the future?

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

43 minutes ago, ZappyAd said:

This may have been answered before but I couldn't find it in this thread - is it possible to get your data out of GameGolf and into a spreadsheet?  I'd like to do some analysis on my numbers but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the raw shot data out efficiently.

I am guessing the answer is no but I'm wondering (a) why not? and (b) does anyone know or have a view on whether it will be available in the future?

Unfortunately no and probably no as to any in the future. Many have asked on the GG support page as suggestions, but who knows where their priorities are.

I review my rounds and track specific data in my own spreadsheet. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Thanks, Frank and Erik.  I just emailed them.  Was able to record a 9-hole par-3 round tonight, so at least the device is working.  If I lose last Friday's round, well, that happens.  At least I'm back to playing golf, something I have barely done for at least six months.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

They were able to recover my round from nine days ago.  I signed it today, along with today's round, after reviewing both.

And I love that I'm losing .39 strokes per round short game and 1.83 per round on putting ... compared to a 20 handicap.   On the bright side, I'm -0.31 vs a 10 handicapper off the tee and -0.83 on approach vs the same.  So maybe my short game, and especially putting, is a glaring weakness. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Is game golf strokes gained completely broken now? I played a round of 87 today on my home course 5700m.

Some highlights:

-So many duffed chips

-putts 2/hole

-endless 3 putts

This is the "analysis" which is so far off I can't even.

WTFgg.thumb.png.c2798547bf08536850e26b7e12e14529.png

What Am I Missing?

• Administrator

@Alx add your GG account to your profile and we can start to give you answers.

@iacasI don't think that's really relevant.

This is 1 round vs benchmark scratch player. Strokes gained total is -2 vs scratch with a +15 to par. 

Isnt this a straight up bug?

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Alx said:

@iacasI don't think that's really relevant.

It's incredibly relevant. What's your username there? And which round was it?

4 hours ago, Alx said:

Isnt this a straight up bug?

Maybe but more information is needed to say.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

It's incredibly relevant. What's your username there? And which round was it?

@Alx- I agree it's relevant, because it's good to get a second set of eyes on the round. There could be just one shot that is entered in bizarrely that might've escaped your notice- boom, the numbers are all out of whack. I've reviewed a TON of GG rounds of different golfers, and I always chuckle at how each some simple issues with how the round got recorded can really mess up the output.

Maybe you've entered the round in correctly, but that seems like an outlier to me. I'd definitely be interested. PM with the round info if you want.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

@iacas and @RandallT, something does look off.  I played a quick 9 holes last night, and GG thinks I was the best putter in the world. (I had one good putt--the rest were about my usual.)

For comparison, I pulled up another 9-hole round (same course, same 9, same gross score, almost same putts--actually one putt less than last night), and the analyses look quite different for putts (I think the others are about right).  Here's last night:

590a04655bed0_lastround.thumb.JPG.9dd863ac828bb2cbc31c9b0ba2ef41f7.JPG

Here's a couple weeks ago (4/18):

590a046934e7d_418round.thumb.JPG.9d652dcc875a49549ffc71f8741f4cdd.JPG

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!