IGNORED

Who is @freedrop

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am sure that is true ,but are Erik and Mike the only golf pros in the world having success ?Are there no other methods than their's?

Methods no. Teaching methods fluctuate greatly between golfers. I can surely tell you that if a non 5-keys instructor gets a player to be a single digit handicap player or better, then that player will have the 5 keys. Getting there is just coincidental.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We are all being trolled, obviously. The odd posts, weird picture, no MySwing, constantly the source of argument . . . he (or she) is just looking for anyone to engage in conversation/argument IMO.

I'm about to end my side now.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

It must be a coincidence that so many guys that are now single digit players around here have learned from this site and from Erik and Mike right?

I am sure that is true ,but are Erik and Mike the only golf pros in the world having success ?Are there no other methods than their's?

No, but I had been paying a lot of money to another highly qualified instructor for 6 months with nothing to show for it, and in only 3 months I have an okay swing that gets me around any golf course I choose to play.

My scores are dropping and I hope to make the single digits someday. Which is something I would not have even considered possible without their instruction.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't dislike you, @freedrop, because you "disagree" with me. I dislike you because you just post random stuff, you don't respond to reasonable posts (or videos, or pictures) that point out how your stuff is possibly not the best information, and because, at the end of the day, I feel that you're hurting the golfers I care about.

Well said.

There is no reason to listen to me .I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched.

It would be better if the advice you were giving out was based on facts and not opinions.

Then you are admitting that your knowledge base is solely that of golf magazines and what professional golfers think might be happening. Cause that is all you posted.

Which as we know contains a lot of incorrect information. Hogan felt like he just rotated his hips from the top of the backswing, that was a feel that worked for him. His hips went well forward even though he didn't feel it.

saevel125.....are you a golf pro?

No, but he knows more than 95% of golf instructors.

ok so you have no credentials other than the golf philosophy you have chosen to follow, imparting  it at great length using photos of tour pros as you did with SMOOTHY on the "my swing" thread.I will ask you the same question iacas asked me-why should anyone listen to you and beyond that why would your golf philosophy be more worthy than mine.

Because he doesn't just recycle bad information he reads in a golf magazine/book. He shares information based on what the best players do, not what they say they do.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

For some reason I have always assumed the name freedrop was a reference to the ROG, I now realize I was mistaken as it is clearly a reference to bird shit.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Because he doesn't just recycle bad information he reads in a golf magazine/book. He shares information based on what the best players do, not what they say they do.

mvmac...really!....people are supposed to check in with someone called saevel125 before trusting  what Phil or Trevino or Tiger say they do.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

mvmac...really!....people are supposed to check in with someone called saevel125 before trusting  what Phil or Trevino or Tiger say they do.

Well let's take an example. You say you post useful information, but in fact you fling feces. Therefore you don't do what you say you do. Would you like high speed video to prove it?

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Good god, are you an idiot.

I guess that depends on your perspective. He's an internet troll (which, by definition, makes you an idiot). Then again, he's one of the more successful trolls I've seen in recent memory. Hell, on this thread alone he's managed to get a half dozen or so of our most respected posters riled up. Hopefully this thread is the flameout and he won't be heard from again.

Not to sound conceited, buy yes :smartass:

Here's the problem, again you don't get it. What Phil, Trevino and Tiger say happens is what they FEEL happens. Now, if you were Tiger, you would feel the same thing. The problem we are not Tiger, we are not Phil, we are not Trevino. Some people might get LUCKY and have a tip work for them. IT IS NOT, 100% FACTUAL and BENEFICIAL to ALL GOLFERS!!! That is the problem you don't get. You quote Tiger, but does what Tiger does work for Rory. Does it work for Phil, does it work for Dustin Johnson. Should Tiger go to a bowed left wrist position at the top. Get the point. What ever any Pro does, doesn't matter unless it is a COMMONALITY for all golfers.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I guess that depends on your perspective. He's an internet troll (which, by definition, makes you an idiot). Then again, he's one of the more successful trolls I've seen in recent memory. Hell, on this thread alone he's managed to get a half dozen or so of our most respected posters riled up. Hopefully this thread is the flameout and he won't be heard from again.

You know what's funny ... I had a few more sentences written in that post, explaining why, and then I thought of that cliche about the definition of insanity; "doing something over and over and expecting different results."  Which led me to realize that we've had this conversation before with freedrop at least a couple of times.

So, in conclusion, and by definition, we are all insane.  And one could, if they want, call us idiots.  I wouldn't object.  I should have stopped a long time ago. :doh:

Something about Daniel Stern, a VCR, and cows comes to mind again.  Anyway ... I should get back to work. :beer:

Not to sound conceited, buy yes

Here's the problem, again you don't get it. What Phil, Trevino and Tiger say happens is what they FEEL happens. Now, if you were Tiger, you would feel the same thing. The problem we are not Tiger, we are not Phil, we are not Trevino. Some people might get LUCKY and have a tip work for them. IT IS NOT, 100% FACTUAL and BENEFICIAL to ALL GOLFERS!!! That is the problem you don't get. You quote Tiger, but does what Tiger does work for Rory. Does it work for Phil, does it work for Dustin Johnson. Should Tiger go to a bowed left wrist position at the top. Get the point. What ever any Pro does, doesn't matter unless it is a COMMONALITY for all golfers.

Time for a reality check as well.

Hell, on this thread alone he's managed to get a half dozen or so of our most respected posters riled up.

This is being confused with entertainment.  It is winter, we are bored.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

This is being confused with entertainment.  It is winter, we are bored.

What's my excuse? ;)

Time for a reality check as well.

And then this kind of crap makes it plainly obvious just how appropriate your avatar is.  You are clearly not reading what is being written.  You might be mouthing the words to yourself, but you're not retaining the information.  What Matt says is perfectly comprehensible and dead on balls accurate.

I'm of the opinion that freedrop is looking for attention. As for all of his ramblings, the above is how I feel about it.

I have a feeling I am being very naive here, I have a big big feeling I am being naive actually. :-):8)

Here goes anyway....

I don't think there is a lot of badness in Feardrop's posts, bad advice maybe and he doesn't explain some posts in enough detail, but I don't think he is a troll...if he is... he is a very good one and has completely got me.

He posted in my swing thread today and I think he posted something relevant.

There was no troll like nature I don't think.

(I was dying for someone to give me some feedback, when I seen it was freedrop I did think....Not another Ernie Els video please

:-P )

Now, it mightn't have been the best advice in the world but it certainly wasn't way off the mark, I think he identified and highlighted something decent.

My only real dealing with Feardrop was when he was being a bit argumentative and I kind of reasoned with him in the "why does this happen" Eamonn Darcy thread.

He seemed to come around from an argumentative viewpoint to show some reasoning.

Look, I'm new enough here so I may have missed a lot, and I don't know the in's and out's.

But anytime he posts now he gets fairly hostile responses and I don't think it's making things any better.

Why not just ignore him...that's the best way to deal with a troll imo.

I may be the ultimate sucker, but that's my take on it...

Shame on me if I have been fooled.

• Administrator
I will ask you the same question iacas asked me-why should anyone listen to you and beyond that why would your golf philosophy be more worthy than mine.

Barney answered this quite well:

Very simple:  Because he explains what he posts.  (And, not to mention, a history of solid posting, which carries a lot of weight towards ones credibility.  You should take note of that.)

If one guys tells me "You need to keep your right knee bent," and I ask why, and he responds by saying "because famous tour pro said so."  Then another guy says "Actually, you are better off allowing it to straighten" and then proceeds to follow it up with a detailed explanation as to why it allows for a better pivot, allows me to stay on plane, etc, etc, and adds to it pictures or videos of tour pros (very likely including the very one that the first guy quoted clearly demonstrating that he doesn't practice what he preaches) then I'm going to give guy #2's advice quite a bit more credit.

That's the answer to that question.

And you'll note that neither @mvmac nor I shy away from telling anyone that we don't agree with their advice.

Valleygolfer....none of the "my swing" posters whose swings I have commented on have said my views were of less value to them than any other opinions rendered.I did not comment on yours so why are you attempting to speak for others.

That's not true at all. I'm pretty sure @Ernest Jones pretty much kicked you out of his swing thread. So did others. So… ;-)

Nope.

But they are expected to do a little work to see if what they say they do is what they actually do. I think I typed these exact words to you a few times in the pitching thread. Golfers are rarely able to accurate describe what they actually do.

Furthermore, I've become a great instructor because I'm cynical. I'm trying to constantly bust things up. @david_wedzik and I talk about it all the time. But we're not just constantly trying to bust other people's things up, we're constantly trying to bust our own things up all the time. We are under perpetual peer- (and self-) review.

If I take advice from a lawyer, or a doctor, or almost anyone - I don't just accept it at face value. I ask them to explain their thoughts. Tell me why. Then I'll often go home and check things out myself. Do my own research. Investigate further.

And then this kind of crap makes it plainly obvious just how appropriate your avatar is.  You are clearly not reading what is being written. You might be mouthing the words to yourself, but you're not retaining the information.  What Matt says is perfectly comprehensible and dead on balls accurate.

Yup.

My only real dealing with Feardrop was when he was being a bit argumentative and I kind of reasoned with him in the "why does this happen" Eamonn Darcy thread.

The Darcy thread was a troll job, IMO. He had no actual input except to post what he thought (what everyone thinks, actually) is a "weird swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!