IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not bad....

You forgot this in there somewhere...

Lol, well, I figured if you've just beshitted yourself you probably wanna stay low key and not draw too much attention to yourself. :-X

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I saw a Cow Killer Ant aka a Velvet Ant (which is actually a wasp) on the golf course in Virginia Beach.

Pretty creature.

I then got to stop at Oakmont Bakery on the way home. It's almost tough to decide whether I like stopping there or at Oakmont CC more…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Has rained for about 24 hours here. Have received several emails from courses saying parts or all of it have been closed. I picked a good week to take time away from golf. Played Mon-Sun last week and by Sat I was going through the motions. After a couple of beers and holes on Sun I stopped putting.

Dave :-)

Has rained for about 24 hours here. Have received several emails from courses saying parts or all of it have been closed. I picked a good week to take time away from golf. Played Mon-Sun last week and by Sat I was going through the motions. After a couple of beers and holes on Sun I stopped putting.

We had some pretty bad rain here a few days ago that flooded the local driving ranges, but aside from that it's been really nice the past week. Hot during the day and nice and cool at night.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The bad thing is the boredom, it kills my biz. If I read one more Yelp review I am going pass out. Some are funny but dang some of those folks think they are actual food critics. The nutty thing is they are going off about some chain restaurant not meeting their expectations.

Day 3 in LA (Lower Alabama). I think I'm developing a southern dialect.

Watch out or they'll laugh at you when you go home. :-D

I'm going to the Gulf Shores area in September to play some golf and relax on the beach (I need a vacation).

Hey any of ya'll want to see the bucket off of the machine I used to work on? I was going through some old pics that daddy had and came across this one of me standing by the bucket.

Here is the whole dragline.

The good old days. :-D

I hate computers. Mine's about get flung across the room.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Make sure you get video and post it. ;-)

In my teenage years, I totally would have done it. Now I have to consider the impact of my behavior to my kids and my wallet, so I'm stuck troubleshooting it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Sun out rain gone, going to play a certain game later after work. Heading to the Thai place after that for some som tum, extra hot with extra salted crab of course.

Apparently my son "discovered" a yellow jacket nest behind our shed this afternoon. I guess I get to put on my exterminator hat.

Mine found one in a cable pedestal on his walk last week. I think he knows not to hit random things, now.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Mine found one in a cable pedestal on his walk last week. I think he knows not to hit random things, now.

Yes. I've been nailed before, thankfully by only one. My dog actually started biting at them trying to protect my son and got stung in the mouth.

- Shane

Yes. I've been nailed before, thankfully by only one. My dog actually started biting at them trying to protect my son and got stung in the mouth.

Yea I hate those things. I was stung like a dozen times once, in this old house I lived in during college. My arm got all hot and red. One of my housemates' mother was a nurse, so we called her to make sure I'd be ok. I saw them in my room all the time. I always thought they were getting in through some opening in the window and getting stuck. Turns out, they had nested in the wall of the house, underneath the window sill. I bumped the sill one day and some came charging out, into my room. You could literally hear the wall buzzing. So I taped all around the molding under the window except for one spot, where I unloaded an entire can of wasp spray into. No more buzzing :-) BTW, my son was fine. He cried for a minute, then we distracted him with something, and he forgot all about it. Just like getting his shots.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Apparently my son "discovered" a yellow jacket nest behind our shed this afternoon. I guess I get to put on my exterminator hat.

My oldest son got about 100 stings on his back one day when we were walking down in the canyon to fish. My brother and I were raking them off of him with our hands and somehow neither of us got stung. Good thing he wasn't allergic to the stings like my youngest son is because we were a long way (and a long time) from any help.

I get on nests occasionally when I'm mowing and get a few stings. Then I pour gas down the hole and light them up.

Crap, a leaky fitting for the toilet is damaging the wood floors on the other side of the wall. Plumber won't be here until tomorrow morning. Anything else I should do?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

What side of the valve is the leak on?  If its on the top side, you can simply shut it off.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!