IGNORED

Courses Banning 2014 Adizero shoes - Buyer Beware

bazbazbaz
Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Need to quote a post by a fella here from last year June.

Well shit Stretch, you are 7 hours ahead of us…heck, your 10 hours ahead of @Barney .

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well shit Stretch, you are 7 hours ahead of us…heck, your 10 hours ahead of @Barney.

LOL at you using a tag on a nickname.

Yet, I found my way here somehow, so ... ;)

LOL at you using a tag on a nickname.

Yet, I found my way here somehow, so ... ;)

You have Sollog like powers!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I wonder how this will play out on the PGA circuit, and if it will lead to a local rule getting put in place at places like Augusta.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I wonder how this will play out on the PGA circuit, and if it will lead to a local rule getting put in place at places like Augusta.

Adidas is gonna take a real beating over this, the should do a voluntary recall.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Would the Spider soft spikes work in them?

I use them on all my shoes

Ping G25 Black Dot Irons

Ping G25 4 Wood 16*

Titleist 925i

Ben Hogan Putter

Ben Hogan 58* Wedge

"Cant Beat The Foot Joys"

Need to quote a post by a fella here from last year June.

Smart guy that Stretch fella!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Smart guy that Stretch fella!

Just goes to show, you can't judge a book by it's cover! :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I doubt it. Most courses have banned metal spikes, and yet many PGA tour players still use them.

• Administrator
I doubt it. Most courses have banned metal spikes, and yet many PGA tour players still use them.

Metal spikes didn't do what these are doing. The sole on metal spikes would still spread a lot of the weight out.

Someone made a post earlier about that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

One of my regular golfing partners bought a pair last year and we notice the damage to the greens right away.

The club didn't ban them but I can confirm the damage they do.

I don't think Adidas will do anything but I certainly would not buy a pair.

I would love to see more and more golf courses banning them.

I didn't like how they felt when walking when I tried them on.  You can feel that all your weight is on the spikes so I was concerned they would break and wear down quickly if you spend much time on hard surfaces.   I much prefer the 2012/13 AdiPure.

Joe Paradiso

Metal spikes didn't do what these are doing. The sole on metal spikes would still spread a lot of the weight out.

Someone made a post earlier about that.

My point was just because courses locally ban something, doesn't mean it will affect any rule on the PGA tour. For example, PGA National Golf Club does not allow guests to wear metal spikes on the golf course, but PGA Tour players could wear them in last week's tournament. Unless the shoes catastrophically damage the greens, I doubt they will ban them on tour. Besides, they probably only cause significant damage when people don't pick up their feet when walking.

• Administrator
My point was just because courses locally ban something, doesn't mean it will affect any rule on the PGA tour. For example, PGA National Golf Club does not allow guests to wear metal spikes on the golf course, but PGA Tour players could wear them in last week's tournament. Unless the shoes catastrophically damage the greens, I doubt they will ban them on tour. Besides, they probably only cause significant damage when people don't pick up their feet when walking.

Have you seen some of the pictures? There seems to be a chance that they do "catastrophically damage greens." Players will also self-police this kind of thing even if it's never made into an official "policy." You can probably remember the Vijay/Phil thing at the Masters a while back…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The sole of the shoe never touches the ground so ALL of the weight of the player is on the spikes only, even with metal spikes the shoe sole still touched the surface and were less damaging unless someone started dancing "the twist".

That's some nasty damage. Looks to me like its from those protrusions on the sole where the spikes are attached to. I'd bet they would do damage even with the spikes removed.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hmmm. I do own a pair of Audizero shoes. And to be honest, i also noticed some slight damage on the greens I would step on, but not nearly as much as what we just saw in the photos posted in this thread. Geez louise thats a lot of damage. I will be keeping a lookout for some new golf shoes sometime here in the beginning of the season.

In my :tmade: Burner Golf Bag

:tmade:R1 Black Driver 10.5 degrees

:tmade:RBZ 3-Wood

:tmade:Burner Superfast 2.0 3-hybrid

:tmade:Burner 2.0 irons 4-PW, AW, SW, LW

:tmade:Spiderblade putter

:adidas:Audizero Golf shoes

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!