IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

I read the above too, that he is swing his driver. That'll be good. Too early for anyone- golf channel included to speculate what his return will look like or when.

Considering the wire to wire win of kaymer and how TW was playing even last year, if he even had a chance at this years US open, so I guess in hinds site he didn't miss aanything

Tiger hitting full shots?

If true, this news may have just made my week. And I've got a pretty awesome week planned.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hitting driver?  Really?  Great news! A bit surprising though.. He must be babying that bad boy out there...

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

Great news to hear Tiger hitting full shots. I don't think he'll be back for Congressional, but I do think it's very realistic now that we'll see him at Hoylake, Valhalla and more than likely the Ryder Cup.

He won't play unless he thinks he can win. Don't know if 5 weeks is enough for him to be confident enough to return for The Open, even though it's a course on which he's confident. If he does return there, I don't give him much of a chance. But, what do I know? I had already predicted he'd sit out the season, looks like that was wrong...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

He won't play unless he thinks he can win. Don't know if 5 weeks is enough for him to be confident enough to return for The Open, even though it's a course on which he's confident. If he does return there, I don't give him much of a chance. But, what do I know? I had already predicted he'd sit out the season, looks like that was wrong...

Knowing Tiger, he probably thinks he can win next week. He's got that determination and confidence inside himself. It's up to what the doctors tell him, though.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. That's awesome. I still think he's going to opt out of the Royal Liverpool though.

Valhalla on the other hand....

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. That's awesome. I still think he's going to opt out of the Royal Liverpool though.

Valhalla on the other hand....

If he's swinging full now and Liverpool's over a month away, it's very possible he could play. It's flat land and the rough isn't bad (at least it wasn't in '06), and those are the shots that put the most strain on the back. We'll see. Obviously I hope he's back, but wouldn't be surprised either way.

From a fan's perspective, this is great news. I've suspected he's been doing more than chipping, but I figured he won't let the news out until after the US open so as to not temporarily overshadow the event. I hope he's able to return as soon as physically possible.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Quote:
Woods is the 7-1 favorite to win the British Open.

I see that Paddy Power have him as the 10/1 second favourite (behind Rory McIlroy, of course, at 9/1; there's no golf tournament on earth that the bookies don't seem to have McIlroy as the favourite to win....he's even the 9/1 favourite for next year's Masters).

This is just bookies looking to make money from fanciful, romantic bets. With all due respect to Tiger Woods, he's been out for months, he may or may not play in the Open, hasn't won a major in six years....and but for McIlroy he'd be the favourite. If the bookies really thought Tiger had a prayer in this year's Open, they wouldn't be letting punters back him at 10/1.

• Administrator

Hmmm. Swinging driver, but at full speed?

Tiger may very well play really well out of the gate. He said before he thought his career was over, and now he feels better than he has in years. Maybe longer.

Of course, that could all be bullshit too…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hmmm. Swinging driver, but at full speed? Tiger may very well play really well out of the gate. He said before he thought his career was over, and now he feels better than he has in years. Maybe longer. Of course, that could all be bullshit too…

True, all this news should keep the golf channel busy for months, is he ready? Tiger update? Will he win? What is he doing now? When will he be back? Is he changing his swing. Again? Is he swinging full speed? how is his knee? neck, back, Achilles wrist, elbow, shoulder vision......root canal? Then it will be...did he come back too soon? Is his back finally healed? Will he retire? What a circus this going to be, should he come back for the OPEN.

He always says he feels great after recovery. Words mean very little. What matters is when he gets back, how he performs and if he can stay healthy.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Just wanted to point out that I think it's good that Tiger has a bit of a sense of humor about himself. Especially missing a four-foot putt so badly, getting trash-talked by kids, etc. It's funny and reflects positively on his demeanor.

(It's also a very small thing, so I'm not blowing it out of proportion, but I think a lot of detractors overlook things like this.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just wanted to point out that I think it's good that Tiger has a bit of a sense of humor about himself. Especially missing a four-foot putt so badly, getting trash-talked by kids, etc. It's funny and reflects positively on his demeanor.

(It's also a very small thing, so I'm not blowing it out of proportion, but I think a lot of detractors overlook things like this.)

Ha thats awesome. Ive never seen that one before.

Tiger is a great sport. There's some amazing commercials out there. His "Golf's Not Hard" series when he was younger is still extremely funny.

Anyone remember this?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138