IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

It looks stiff and unathletic to me, to answer the question on the post. 

Really?

330 and walking after it sounds good to me.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

Really?

330 and walking after it sounds good to me.

If he's pounding it, then i guess theres no faulting it. But theres just something off about that motion. Kind of a weird upper body chase. He kind of stands up on it and It doesn't seem fluid to me. Maybe thats to protect the back, i dont know.  But under pressure that swing looks like its going to be sending some balls wide right. 

Am I the only one having trouble watching these? I keep waiting for him to grab his back or wince. It's going to be stressful watching these next (hopefully) four days. Good luck Tiger!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Am I the only one having trouble watching these? I keep waiting for him to grab his back or wince. It's going to be stressful watching these next (hopefully) four days. Good luck Tiger!

You're not the only one at all. I'm his biggest fan and I'm petrified.

• Like 1

Colin P.

37 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I keep having to hold my breath every time I see him swinging a golf club.

:~(

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I don’t understand that. People recognize the type of surgery he had last, right? It’s basically a complete fix.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t understand that. People recognize the type of surgery he had last, right? It’s basically a complete fix.

Can't help it. Been through this too many times. Maybe he fixed that particular issue, but can the rest of his battered 41 year-old body hold up to hitting the ball VERY hard in competition over four straight days?

I don’t know much about the golfswing, but to me it looks like he tries to bomb it. Too much stress on his battered body.

I hope I am wrong, I want to see him play, want to see him in contention, want to see him win this season.

To me it looks like he's using his hands a bit more than he used to, a bit more deliberate roll through impact.  Seems plausible it could reduce stress on the rest of his body.  Looks pretty smooth at least.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Yff Theos said:

He is snapping his injured knee again...

Not nearly as much as he used to.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not nearly as much as he used to.

Correct, however, if he only could learn to extend differently than through his lower body parts...I am curious anyhow and keeping my finger crossed for him.

Mac O'Grady Acolyte, or "Macolyte"

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Yff Theos said:

Correct, however, if he only could learn to extend differently than through his lower body parts...

He does. C'mon, it's not like he's not extending elsewhere.

How about instead of looking at his swing and saying "ouch, he's swinging too hard", maybe look at it like "he must be feeling good to go at it that hard." To me it doesn't look like last year where he was doing stuff at impact or post impact to protect his back. Which BTW is now fused in the problem area.

He's always "swung hard" at it.

Things that good to me in the recent swings are the sweet spot travel, loading more up and down "on plane" and he's swinging less out.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

He does. C'mon, it's not like he's not extending elsewhere.

He is, but not as he should be extending, imo. For instance, he is too early too steep with his shoulders which makes him run out of upper left body extension too early. This is the culprit of his spine and knee pains. IMHO.

Mac O'Grady Acolyte, or "Macolyte"