IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

On 12/6/2017 at 11:17 AM, Pardner said:

If Tiger and Patrick Reed get paired together on the final day will they both where red and black?

Probably. Tiger isn't the first to start that trend and Rocco did in the US Open playoff.

Trollin' is the life

Woods plans to play at Riviera. I love LA. We love it

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Edited by iacas
fixed tweet - you just paste the URL in, Matt.
  • Informative 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

WTF this is weird....I'm not sure I like it.

It is weird. Aaaaand the bring back Haney, Harmon camp is on the move.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

People never cease to amaze.

Tiger knows plenty right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good for Tiger. By now, with all he has been through, he has to know, and own his own swing. He's past needing swing coaches. 

In the future, if he needs another set of eyes to check him out, Como or someone else is just a phone call away, or a loud shout at a tourney driving range. 

Now I was just thinking. Will there be a "Woody's Scool of Golf" some day?

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Statement from Chris Como - not sure when though.

Steve

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Statement from Chris Como - not sure when though.

At about 3:45pm today, eastern time.

Oh, wait, 3:32pm eastern. If you hover over the time it tells you.

Chris is going to be the first guest on the podcast I'm starting with Paul. He's a good friend, and now I will have more time to talk with him! :-)

• Upvote 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Weird too because Tigs didn't consult with me first...we usually talk about stuff like this and decide things together...

• Upvote 3

Colin P.

19 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Weird too because Tigs didn't consult with me first...we usually talk about stuff like this and decide things together...

I guess it makes sense he's doing it now if he's completed his Jedi training. It's the holidays the kids are doing their thing and you have some spare moments, let's throw out a press release. It's also Friday - Friday night news dump - no one is paying attention, less response to deal with.

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I guess it makes sense he's doing it now if he's completed his Jedi training. It's the holidays the kids are doing their thing and you have some spare moments, let's throw out a press release. It's also Friday - Friday night news dump - no one is paying attention, less response to deal with.

Knowing Tiger though, he'll have a new coach in a few weeks or something. 

Constantine

18 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Knowing Tiger though, he'll have a new coach in a few weeks or something. 

I would guess no. With his health issues, he hasn't really had a chance to play for a while with Como as his instructor. Why go to someone else? Sounds like he's just gonna go it alone.

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I would guess no. With his health issues, he hasn't really had a chance to play for a while with Como as his instructor. Why go to someone else? Sounds like he's just gonna go it alone.

He could be, but much like Jerry Maguire, Tiger "can't be alone" IMO haha. He's just always had an instructor.

I guess it's possible he's just a man with his Trackman at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if hired someone soon. 

Constantine

I don't worry about Tiger's knowledge about the swing and his body, but it would be a bit strange if he went at it alone again. How long did he go without a coach last time and how did that period go? I'm sure he's got a circle of people that will help him if needed, so maybe he doesn't feel like he need it. Or he will announce a new coach before not too long.

Even if you are very good at the theoretical stuff, doesn't it help having others look at you with a different pair of eyes? If nothing else, just having a second opinion can be positive, even if you agree. Especially since he's just played one tournament since his recent absence. He said himself he's got stuff to work on and that it will take time. 

I'd put my guess on him finding a new coach before too long.

I look forward to the podcast with Chris. :-)

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

I haven't talked to Chris yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't plan for this, and I think Tiger might go it alone for awhile.

I know a little more than I am comfortable sharing, but it's a little outdated because it dates back at least a year or so when Tiger was playing more. I could be wrong either way, but if forced to bet… I think right now Tiger has no plans to work hard core with someone else.

While they're officially split, I'm sure that doesn't mean Woods won't text him a little question here or there? Or vice-versa.

Steve