IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

Yes, it's true that medication doesn't affect everyone the same way, but I have some experience with this and have learned a few things…

C'mon…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/4/2017 at 9:53 PM, iacas said:

C'mon…

?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 1badbadger said:

?

Your experiences are not necessarily going to be the same as everyone else's.

It's right in the first part of your comment. Then you ignore that and go right on talking about how it is.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Your experiences are not necessarily going to be the same as everyone else's.

It's right in the first part of your comment. Then you ignore that and go right on talking about how it is.

You could say that about anything...whether it's prescription medication or how a golf ball performs or what a certain golf club shaft is going to do.  Everything is a little different for everybody to some degree. There will always be exceptions of course, but if you've been around something long enough certain patterns will be noticeable.  

You have a lot of knowledge and experience regarding the golf swing.  If someone who you've never met posts a question about their swing, you could comment on it and provide some insight, even though everybody swings the club differently.  Yes, prescription medication can affect people differently, it can also have the same affect on the majority of people.  Since I was under the care of a pain management physician for several years and was prescribed a number of different meds and also spent time around others who took them as well, I thought I'd share what I knew or things that I experienced.  

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

You have a lot of knowledge and experience regarding the golf swing.  If someone who you've never met posts a question about their swing, you could comment on it and provide some insight, even though everybody swings the club differently.  Yes, prescription medication can affect people differently, it can also have the same affect on the majority of people.  Since I was under the care of a pain management physician for several years and was prescribed a number of different meds and also spent time around others who took them as well, I thought I'd share what I knew or things that I experienced.  

Thing is… I'm an expert on the golf swing. You're not the expert you put yourself out as being on pain medication and how people will react to them. I'm sure you'd acknowledge that as being true.

That's all I was trying to point out. I'm not a big fan of people making generalizations well outside their area of knowledge.

On June 8, 2017 at 8:53 PM, iacas said:

Thing is… I'm an expert on the golf swing. You're not the expert you put yourself out as being on pain medication and how people will react to them. I'm sure you'd acknowledge that as being true.

That's all I was trying to point out. I'm not a big fan of people making generalizations well outside their area of knowledge.

If we restricted people to commenting only on those things in which they're considered expert, we'd have an awfully thin discussion forum...

• Upvote 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, David in FL said:

If we restricted people to commenting only on those things in which they're considered expert, we'd have an awfully thin discussion forum...

That's not at all the point or close to what I said.

43 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Just the one report or are there others corroborating this?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Woods essentially using a screen cap from iOS's Notes app is a little weird.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Woods essentially using a screen cap from iOS's Notes app is a little weird.

Is it a 140 characters thing where taking a picture means you can say more? 

A lot of things must be a bit weird for him at the moment.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

26 minutes ago, ZappyAd said:

Is it a 140 characters thing where taking a picture means you can say more? 

A lot of things must be a bit weird for him at the moment.

Usually it's an image cap of a memo or a pdf, no? A screencap of a document in the Notes app feels like it was rushed out.

Steve

8 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Usually it's an image cap of a memo or a pdf, no? A screencap of a document in the Notes app feels like it was rushed out.

Yea, but it also has a personal touch to it. 

Constantine

On 6/8/2017 at 5:53 PM, iacas said:

Not to be rude but isn't that what you are doing since we don't know the level of expert badbadger is?

Trollin' is the life

39 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea, but it also has a personal touch to it. 

True, seems like he wrote it up himself rather than let someone do it for him.

Steve

• Administrator
6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I've seen plenty of people do things like this, type it up in Notes and post it.

6 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

Not to be rude but isn't that what you are doing since we don't know the level of expert badbadger is?

No… we know he's not a medical expert. He worked for Bridgestone for a number of years (and not in their medical department).

Heck, I've got a degree in medicinal chemistry and wouldn't put myself out as an expert on this topic.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

It would not surprise me at all if Tiger had a very bad opiate habit with all his pain and problems. He has probably been dependent on them longer than we can even speculate, trying to grind out tournaments while needing pain medication to even get up and around...

The problem with opiate pain medication is you inevitably need more and more the longer you are on, making you more and more dependent. Even if his back was suddenly healed 100%, he would have immense physical and mental drives to continue using the medication. 

This arrest was probably a blessing for him because it forced him to look at how he is using his medication.