IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who would you put a significant amount of money (say, 10k) on if you HAD to?? I'm usually pretty savvy when it comes to sports betting, but this one has had me stumped for hours now...

I'll tell you around 8PM Eastern Standard Time tomorrow. ;)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also am pulling for Ricky F. to win it, but deep down, I know it's prolly not gonna happen. I would take Bubba first, then Jordan, then Matt. Jordan really impressed me today, does that kid not have nerves, or what..? He seemed so Calm in his interview. If nothing else, my guess is, he's a Champion in the making.

I also am pulling for Ricky F. to win it, but deep down, I know it's prolly not gonna happen. I would take Bubba first, then Jordan, then Matt. Jordan really impressed me today, does that kid not have nerves, or what..? He seemed so Calm in his interview. If nothing else, my guess is, he's a Champion in the making.

Pretty much how I'm seeing it as well. Miguel is tempting at 20/1 but I haven't seen him put 2 rounds like that together in awhile. Ricky and Jordan are gamers...I'd love it to come down to those two. A changing of the guards of sorts...anyway, unbelievable tournament.

Just a reminder for everyone, we'll be doing the live chat in this thread tomorrow. Should be a great final round!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Who would you put a significant amount of money (say, 10k) on if you HAD to?? I'm usually pretty savvy when it comes to sports betting, but this one has had me stumped for hours now...

Well, at this point the odds are basically meaningless. Since you're talking about a large sum of money, it's only a matter of who you think is going to win. Mainly because I'm hoping to jinx him, I'm gonna say I'd bet my money on Furyk. ;)

Watching the end of today's round now ... Verne Lundquist just told us that a girl from Spieths high school is Roger Staubachs granddaughter. Umm, okayyyy. The significance of that is?????? That was the randomest anecdote ever.

Watching the end of today's round now ... Verne Lundquist just told us that a girl from Spieths high school is Roger Staubachs granddaughter. Umm, okayyyy. The significance of that is??????

That was the randomest anecdote ever.

LOL I'm watching as well and just heard the same thing.

Holy crap Bubba certainly left a few out there from where he was driving it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just a reminder for everyone, we'll be doing the live chat in this thread tomorrow. Should be a great final round!

My vote is for Bubba. We lefties need to stick together. ;-) win or lose???

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ricky and Jordan are gamers...I'd love it to come down to those two. A changing of the guards of sorts...anyway, unbelievable tournament.

I think it's kind of hard to have a changing of the guard without Tiger playing, though.

Christian

I think it's kind of hard to have a changing of the guard without Tiger playing, though.

Maybe that's part of the change..... With continuing health issues, he's not playing as much, and when he does, he's not always competitive to the level that he used to be.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Bubba started getting a little yippie with the putter yesterday, leaving a lot of putts short. Nerves might be getting to him.

I'm liking Jordon Speith, that kid is playing lights out right now.

Its gonna be a great final round, so many players with a chance to win. If Tiger was out there, he would be in the mix too. So sad he's not there.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Watching the end of today's round now ... Verne Lundquist just told us that a girl from Spieths high school is Roger Staubachs granddaughter. Umm, okayyyy. The significance of that is?????? That was the randomest anecdote ever.

That's just another way of saying he's only [Lottery Megaphone]twenty... years... old...[End Megaphone]. And you lot out there - you're old. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Maybe that's part of the change..... With continuing health issues, he's not playing as much, and when he does, he's not always competitive to the level that he used to be.

I guess in my opinion, changing of the guard requires the young gun beating the established king on the big stage.

Christian

I'd like to see Speith win. The man has been playing lights out since winning the John Deere. He deserves a green jacket. Plus, we need somebody like him for the future of the PGA Tour. What are we going to do when Woods and Mickelson retire? Youngsters like McIlroy, Speith, and Fowler have to generate some interest.

I'd rather see the winner of majors to be the best, who have been the best, and who'll continue to be the best in the game

If Speith is truly going to be a long term great player, winner of multiple majors, Ryder Cup player over and over again - then I'm all for him winning.  I think he's going a to be  great one (hopefully).

Seeing one hit wonders win the major and disappear, struggle with making cuts, etc (Lucas Glover).  I'd prefer they not get that lightning in a bottle and win (Blixt also comes to mind if he wins today).

If that doesn't happen, I'd like to see the winner be someone who has done a lot in the game but hasn't found the peak (Westwood, Stricker, Jimenez come to mind).  Almost a capstone to their long career.......Furyk won his major awhile go, but this one would be great to cap his career. Kuchar fits the category of being among the best as well and would be a true champion.

So that's what that was. I'm in NY and got the eye logo for 5 minutes, I got back late. Thought the broadcast was cable only or something. http://nypost.com/2014/04/12/cbs-masters-coverage-suffers-20-minute-outage/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

So that's what that was. I'm in NY and got the eye logo for 5 minutes, I got back late. Thought the broadcast was cable only or something.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/12/cbs-masters-coverage-suffers-20-minute-outage/

Did anyone even notice? Word is that since Your Highness TW isn't playing, sportsfans are watching NASCAR instead.

I guess in my opinion, changing of the guard requires the young gun beating the established king on the big stage.

Like they have for the last 20 majors?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!