IGNORED

Tiger Woods out of Masters Following Surgery for Pinched Nerve

foreleft
Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think so. I don't know how he's going to keep that type of swing into his 40's. We'll see.

Tiger being outdriven (outdroven, driven out...?) by Furyk and Tim Clark. Welp.

I don't even know if I want to see that. Healthy or not. :blink:

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With Foley expending advice such as can be seen in these handy videos it would seem impossible that Tiger could herniate a disc working with such a wise instructor as Sean Foley. Impossible!

Sean Foley: Save your back (March 2010)

Great advice in that video. Especially from about 1:20 to 1:40.

Unfortunately this is not that. Hurts my back just watching it and I don't even have a bad back.

Those that are saying that Tiger will be back in a couple months, I don't think so.  Ask Graham DeLaet: [URL=http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/graham-delaet-had-tiger-woods--back-surgery--took-a-year-to-recover-164828481.html]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/graham-delaet-had-tiger-woods--back-surgery--took-a-year-to-recover-164828481.html[/URL]

But again, none of us, DeLaet included, know the scope of Tiger's surgery. It's different for everyone. We have no reason at this time to doubt the timetable that Tiger set, so it's pointless to speculate.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

But again, none of us, DeLaet included, know the scope of Tiger's surgery. It's different for everyone.

We have no reason at this time to doubt the timetable that Tiger set, so it's pointless to speculate.

Exactly.  One of the biggest reasons why doctors all discouraged surgery when I asked about it was because there is no way to know how successful (if at all) it will be.  Some people are pretty much "cured," others have their problems continue right along.  Its a risk.  There is no way for anybody (including Tiger for that matter) to know.

Everybody is different.  It's a waiting game.  A couple of cases in point ... Adrian Peterson and Derrick Rose.

But again, none of us, DeLaet included, know the scope of Tiger's surgery. It's different for everyone.

We have no reason at this time to doubt the timetable that Tiger set, so it's pointless to speculate.

Exactly. Even the article says "Each surgery is different, and each recovery period is different,". I also have reasons to believe that Daleat's situation might have been more severe...he said golf was the last thing on his mind when the pain was at it's worst. Tiger was still playing golf some weeks ago, so they might have caught this early, relatively speaking.

I would think given Tiger's accomplishments, in the last 2 years alone, that he might have slightly more talent that Daleat. That may prove to be valuable when talking about returning to form. For those who think Tiger is done, you may or may not be right, only time will tell.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Tiger being outdriven (outdroven, driven out...?) by Furyk and Tim Clark. Welp.

I don't even know if I want to see that. Healthy or not.

Unless we see TW needing to pick up Ben Gay as his primary sponsor and he's seen pounding 5 Hour Energy to get him through rounds, I think he'll be fine. ;-)

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

The issue with this surgery is that removal of the disc material could also result in cutting of the annular ligaments that are there to hold the disc in place. Scar tissue can be a positive and negative. I would guess 5-6 months before he plays competitively but he might try sooner.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

so it's pointless to speculate.

This is the internet, IT IS NEVER POINTLESS TO SPECULATE!!! :-P

Also, you never have to admit when your speculation was completely off-base.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Of course it isn't going to be the same, but it gives you an idea.  And he's a bit younger than Tiger, which can make a difference in recovery times for any injury or surgery. I just think the people that are guessing  he'll be back for U.S. Open are way off.  I'll entertain those bets.

For cryin' out loud GC, what will we do? Boo Hoo, the grounds at Augusta will be drier from the lack of spit, mind you.  Would'nt it be refreshing if the GC would just show one of the other 30 some years instead of listening to Kelly Teleprompter whine about how the tournament suffers without Tiger showing up. Who cares? "Live From" and "Morning Drive" have just beat this subject to death.

I am sure that Funeral Director Nantz and his "friends" intro will include a 5 minute apology to the world that the Masters will happen, but it's just not the same when CBS can't fill 56 minutes of every hour with Woods spraying it all over the course.

Time moves on, the crop of players now are playing consistent and often, not ceremonially. It is also unfortunate that the telecast will be in mute more than not, but until Woods just goes ahead and quits, the hangers-on will ride the train.

Hopefully, CBS will report on what they see, not some imaginary result "if only" Woods were there. Most golfers have short memories if they want to play well, too bad the networks can't follow suit.

Just sayin'

For cryin' out loud GC, what will we do? Boo Hoo, the grounds at Augusta will be drier from the lack of spit, mind you.  Would'nt it be refreshing if the GC would just show one of the other 30 some years instead of listening to Kelly Teleprompter whine about how the tournament suffers without Tiger showing up. Who cares? "Live From" and "Morning Drive" have just beat this subject to death.

I am sure that Funeral Director Nantz and his "friends" intro will include a 5 minute apology to the world that the Masters will happen, but it's just not the same when CBS can't fill 56 minutes of every hour with Woods spraying it all over the course.

Time moves on, the crop of players now are playing consistent and often, not ceremonially. It is also unfortunate that the telecast will be in mute more than not, but until Woods just goes ahead and quits, the hangers-on will ride the train.

Hopefully, CBS will report on what they see, not some imaginary result "if only" Woods were there. Most golfers have short memories if they want to play well, too bad the networks can't follow suit.

Just sayin'

LOL!  They have 487 hours of Live from The Masters to fill, with 2.4 hours of actual relevant things to talk about.  I'm surprised their not taking about Adam Scott's choice of underwear for the day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Agreed! It's not like anyone can go on the internet and find the golfers who are playing in the tournament and who's trending(Tihlmans Fav phrase). I think the GC should reinvent itself with all of the talking heads dressed as gypsies in front of a crystal ball, all with bad teeth and a slight stutter.....just as during the broadcasts with all the second guessing of the way players go about their shot selection and how foolish the players look when they miss a putt. "Well Rog, I don't know why he did that, I mean he should have..." or "Boy Mark, no question he misread that putt, I've been here for 4 hours and he should have figured that out".

Thank heavens' the Masters is underway! Now let's go to over to Number # 17 and Gary Bender with the call !

Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!