IGNORED

Bubba Watson....Fan or not a fan?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bubba - fan or not ??

• Yes
    • No

We have all seen the video. I agree he could have handled it differently. I think he could have actually gotten angry with him. I have no problem with what he did there.

And that's the great thing about opinions; we're all allowed to have our own and I did have a problem with it while watching this tournament with my 8 year old son.  Athletes today need to remember that kids are watching and microphones are on.

And that's the great thing about opinions; we're all allowed to have our own and I did have a problem with it while watching this tournament with my 8 year old son.  Athletes today need to remember that kids are watching and microphones are on.

That is fine, I agree they should keep that in mind. I think though that we should also not conclude someone is pharisaical when they slip up now and then. His kind of faith like anything else is a journey, it is not avenue for perfection, rather it is one for improvement.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

anxiety, is a big part of ADD, btw. He has ADD. Also, their are different levels of ADD. Some people have minor symptoms, some moderate some severe. I would say he has; minor/moderate issues, but I have no idea, since I do not know him.

I voted fan, I enjoy watching him play golf and I think a player like Bubba is good for the game. Adds some spice to the pot.

Not a fan of him always buttoning the top button on his shirt. What's up with that?

Also do you really have to have your name on every club?

My take on Watson.  He is kind of naturally an ass at times, but is also trying to do the right things and it does not always happen.  It is not easy to tame that part of yourself...I know about that, and I won't judge an athlete for it.

Basically sums up my feelings as well. Ted Scott has been with Bubba since 2006 so I don't think he takes Bubba's comments/emotions too seriously. Might not be the way I would treat my caddy (hopefully) but their relationship seems to work for them. Erik had some good comments about that earlier. Bubba is super talented and also someone that seems like he needs to be "managed".

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

............sometimes

Six wins since 2010 including two Masters. How many players are better than that?

I respect your opinion, but telling your playing partner to "Kiss my A$$" , while on the golf course, is more than showing a slight bit of temperament.  Tell him that in the locker room or something.  I don't like robots either. I think you can have tons of personality and character without being harsh to people.  See, Arnold Palmer, Lee Trevino, Chi Chi Rodriguez, Peter Jacobsen, Fred Couples

Probably not the first time it happened to Elk ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I am a bigger fan after watching the Elk vid.

I would have to agree ... that comment was not uttered loudly - seemed like it was between him and his caddy.   I don't know if I would have been even that calm under the circumstances ... and then, when he was visibly irritated, he stuck the approach shot to 18" - LIKE A BOSS

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Bubba is a good dude. Silly to hate him for any of the reasons people have said in this thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/devil-ball-golf/bubba-watson-went-chipotle-bought-60-people-dinner-234927549.html

I once ran into Bubba and his wife Big Bird at a Dicks Sporting Goods in JAX -----it was the same day I saw him on the golf course at TPC Sawgrass - could have been 2010, maybe 2011. He had just missed the cut at The Players that day. They were looking for shoes for Mrs Watson.  He was still wearing his dark sunglasses while looking at shoes - thought it was odd.  I didn't say anything to him - gave him his space. Next thing I know I'm in Panera and there he is again with an entourage.   Anyway, he's come a long way from missing cuts -

Cool story, huh?

I once ran into Bubba and his wife Big Bird at a Dicks Sporting Goods in JAX -----it was the same day I saw him on the golf course at TPC Sawgrass - could have been 2010, maybe 2011. He had just missed the cut at The Players that day. They were looking for shoes for Mrs Watson.  He was still wearing his dark sunglasses while looking at shoes - thought it was odd.  I didn't say anything to him - gave him his space. Next think I know I'm in Panera and there he is again with an entourage.   Anyway, he's come a long way from missing cuts -

Cool story, huh?

The big bird comment made me laugh.

Bubba is a good dude. Silly to hate him for any of the reasons people have said in this thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/devil-ball-golf/bubba-watson-went-chipotle-bought-60-people-dinner-234927549.html

Don't hate him - just not a fan. There are very few if any PGA professionals that I actually "hate".   I strongly disliked TW, especially for what he did a few years back.   I call B.S. on the poster earlier in this thread who said he didn't care for what a player did off the course, it was what he did on it that mattered.   I can think of a lot of bad things a pro could do off the course to make him dislikeable or even worthy of hate..

Also do you really have to have your name on every club?

Of course he does.  Otherwise he might get them confused with all of the other left-handers on tour who play Pings with pink paintfill.

P.S.  Classy move by @Rick Martin be sitting on his high horse and judging people for their moral misgivings while simultaneously calling somebody's wife "big bird."  Very classy.

I voted fan, I enjoy watching him play golf and I think a player like Bubba is good for the game. Adds some spice to the pot.

Not a fan of him always buttoning the top button on his shirt. What's up with that?

This is something everyone in the UK does, Bubba likes the style.

• Administrator
I am a bigger fan after watching the Elk vid.

Agreed.

I call B.S. on the poster earlier in this thread who said he didn't care for what a player did off the course, it was what he did on it that mattered.   I can think of a lot of bad things a pro could do off the course to make him dislikeable or even worthy of hate..

That was me, and you're wrong.

I couldn't care less what a pro does off the course. I care about their on-course performances. They're not my friends. What they do off the course doesn't entertain or otherwise affect my life. What they do on the course entertains me.

You can make your own opinions, but I'm sorry, you don't get to call mine B.S. because they don't align with yours.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
So hypothetically, if Bubba was discovered to be a member of the KKK, it wouldn't cause you to think less of him and you'd continue to be a fan?

I call B.S.

It wouldn't affect my life. Or change how talented a golfer he is or isn't.

I don't care who these people are off the golf course. I'm not hanging out with them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It wouldn't affect my life. Or change how talented a golfer he is or isn't.

I don't care who these people are off the golf course. I'm not hanging out with them.

That's messed up. A guy could be a wife beater, KKK member, pedophile, terrorist, and but you'd be a fan because he plays the game of golf to your liking.

Okay.  I give up.

Note: This thread is 2919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!