IGNORED

2014 Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Buffalo Summer Get-Together (August 16-17)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes. It was an epic battle. Fun to watch. =)

And good the second time around, too.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 holes, 21 putts... :yucky: I felt worse watching the replay.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

• Administrator
9 holes, 21 putts...    I felt worse watching the replay.

@cedrictheo told me after the fact that neither of you really cared which prize you got. :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@cedrictheo told me after the fact that neither of you really cared which prize you got.

There was definitely no loser in that situation.  Had I been forced to make the decision, I think the result would be the same. I would have chosen the game golf.  But, I would never be upset with a X2 Hot 3W.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

9 holes, 21 putts...  :yucky:   I felt worse watching the replay.

You should have hit your approach shots closer ;-)

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I had a great time. It was really nice to meet folks and renew old acquaintances. Wish I could have actually put the club face on the ball a little more instead of using the hosel, but hey they sort of went toward the hole, just not on the straightest line. BTW--Went to the range last night and what do you know... ball goes straight(er) again.  Must have been the influence of the lake or something.

I'd like to thank my teammates over the weekend for enduring my play, and especially thank @iacas , @mvmac and @david_wedzik for organizing.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

• Administrator

Some pictures from the first tee.

@Jeremie Boop , @GolfLug , @Rob Thompson , @BradSomrak

@BradSomrak fires the first tee shot:

@Jeremie Boop tees off.

@GolfLug fires one down the fairway with a big draw.

@Rob Thompson swings fast. :)

@billchao , @jamo , @Divot Master , @georgep on the tee with their Callaway SR2s!

@georgep gets set to hit.

@Divot Master ready to use his local knowledge.

@billchao while his teammates look on… and @mvmac films.

@jamo hitting his first tee shot.

@rwolfe , @vasaribm , @cedrictheo , and @macdaddy18 .

@cedrictheo just starting off on his MVP winning day.

@vasaribm starts off on HIS MVP winning day!

@rwolfe has faced this tee shot a few times before…

@macdaddy18 getting ready to rip one.

@Lihu , @saevel25 , @cipher , and @CarlSpackler

Lefty @Lihu hits into the group in front (JK! :D).

@CarlSpackler gets set (needs more crouching Tiger :D)

@cipher gamely gave his best despite having his head filled the day before…

@saevel25 before striping one up the left side a good 300 yards or so.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks to all for the pics..

Looks like it was a very fun day.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

Some more pictures.

#4 at Whispering Woods… Beguiler of many on that fateful Sunday.

@Rob Thompson on #4.

@BradSomrak

@Jeremie Boop prior to… well… we won't talk about that. :D

@billchao doing his Hogan impression:

@jamo wants to be Dufner. Or at least be married to Dufner's wife. He's got the waggle down.

The winning team of @macdaddy18 , @cedrictheo , @rwolfe , and @vasaribm all hit the fourth fairway (and the fourth green!)

@macdaddy18 plays to the fourth green:

As does @cedrictheo

And @rwolfe

And @vasaribm

@saevel25 didn't make this one, but he gave it a good roll.

@CarlSpackler , @Lihu , @saevel25 , and @cipher exit #4.

@Jeremie Boop rolls one in on the seventh:

@cedrictheo rolls the rock as @rwolfe watches.

@saevel25 tries out as "SandMan Sand Trap Logo Model" while @Lihu watches.

This one didn't drop for @Lihu but many others did on the day.

@Lihu tees off on #8.

As does @cipher

And @saevel25

I don't know why I like this one so much, but I do.

@vasaribm on #9 tee.

@cedrictheo on 9.

@rwolfe on 9.

Three deer on 9.

@macdaddy18 rips one on the ninth hole.

@BradSomrak looks to make a lengthy one on #11.

As does @Jeremie Boop .

The winning team, again: @macdaddy18 , @rwolfe , @vasaribm , and @cedrictheo , the last two of which were co-team-MVPs and co-tournament-MVPs.

That meant that in addition to their awesome Callaway Player's Towels and neat-o hats, they won a Callaway X2 Hot 3W ( @cedrictheo ), and a GAME Golf system ( @vasaribm ).

Everyone that was able to stick around for the post-tournament picture (from L to R): @Rob Thompson , @GolfLug , @macdaddy18 , @rwolfe , @saevel25 , @Jeremie Boop , @vasaribm , @Divot Master , @georgep , @jamo , @cedrictheo , @billchao , @CarlSpackler .

Special thanks to Callaway, and GAME Golf, for the prizes for this event!

Thanks to everyone who could make the trip! Next year, let's get 24! :D

Awesome pics, @iacas ! I'm looking forward to the shenanigans next year!

Bill

My Swing Thread

Awesome pics, Erik. Forgot how nice that course is. Maybe I can sneak out that way before the season is over for a round.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

Awesome pics, Erik. Forgot how nice that course is. Maybe I can sneak out that way before the season is over for a round.

Any time! :)

Great pics, thanks to everyone for attending!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!