IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can someone explain the rules on grounding the club in the native areas? I'm watching a replay and I notice no one is grounding the club.

I believe you are allowed to ground the club. I think majority of Pro's don't because 99% of the time you do not encounter wasteland area. So they are probably use to not grounding the club.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe you are allowed to ground the club. I think majority of Pro's don't because 99% of the time you do not encounter wasteland area. So they are probably use to not grounding the club.

That and you don't want to risk bumping something that causes the ball to move.

- Shane

Another factor in not grounding the club is how uneven the ground is. Having played out of a similar looking area before, the ground can be quite uneven and your club can catch on the backswing if you're not careful on a stub of grass or a rock.

Love this leaderboard right now. Good to see some big names up there. And also good to see most of them at least hovering around even. Not surprised about Adam Scott, he never plays US Open well. Disappointed with Day and Rose. Please Bubba and Sergio sucked. I had a hunch Na was gonna play well. That one hole Keegan played was absurdly good. Think this is gonna get nasty tomorrow though. Course should get much harder unless we get some bad weather.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

• Administrator
Can someone explain the rules on grounding the club in the native areas? I'm watching a replay and I notice no one is grounding the club.

You can ground your club, but many didn't at Kiawah Island either. I think it'd feel odd to them. Unusual.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Love this leaderboard right now. Good to see some big names up there. And also good to see most of them at least hovering around even. Not surprised about Adam Scott, he never plays US Open well. Disappointed with Day and Rose. Please Bubba and Sergio sucked. I had a hunch Na was gonna play well. That one hole Keegan played was absurdly good. Think this is gonna get nasty tomorrow though. Course should get much harder unless we get some bad weather.

They just said they are going to water the greens tomorrow the same they did today. So conditions should be similar or at least that is what they are going do.

James

http://thesandtrap.com/b/thrash_talk/2014_united_states_open_staff_preview [QUOTE]...I wouldn't put it past Martin Kaymer to play well in another big event.[/QUOTE] I'm so good at these predictions.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
http://thesandtrap.com/b/thrash_talk/2014_united_states_open_staff_preview I'm so good at these predictions.

Lot of golf to be played. And that'd make you, what, one for 350 or so? :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I thought it was probably a familiarity issue, but the responses about obstacles makes sense too. I can't wait for tomorrow. Pulling for Paul Casey to make a move tomorrow. Love his swing.

Lot of golf to be played. And that'd make you, what, one for 350 or so? :-)

;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I love the way the holes are framed by the "sand rough"? is that what they are calling it? Anyways this is the way the course was originally designed?

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Forgot to set my DVR to record today's round.

Hope I can catch the replay later tonight.

I pre set everything yesterday "live from" and the broadcast.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I could live with a Kaymer victory. I'd rather not see Na or McDowell win though.

:bugout:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
Yeah, I thought that dig at your boy toy would touch a nerve...

McDowell's shirt yesterday was kind of gross. That's enough to root against him, no? :)

Good rain overnight, they may go low tonight - -8 leads end of day?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

Good rain overnight, they may go low tonight - -8 leads end of day?

They can control that by pushing tees back a bit and tucking the pins a little.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/thrash_talk/2014_united_states_open_staff_preview

I'm so good at these predictions.

Lot of golf to be played.

And that'd make you, what, one for 350 or so?

Don't let @iacas harsh your mellow @jamo !  Clairvoyance is a gift that few understand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!