IGNORED

2014 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver!

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 3607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
Congrats to both winners. I knew Kaymer had a chance but not at -9. I picked him at -4. I think that's the benefit of picking later

That is the advantage. The disadvantage is, of course, that someone might nab your pick at an earlier time.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Valleygolfer is so badass, he doesn't need to abide by this rule " Your answer must also include a 2nd and 3rd choice"

:dance:

• Upvote 1

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Mmmmmm....sour grapes, my favourite.

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Mmmmmm....sour grapes, my favourite.

hahahaha, nah, that was an amazing pick. Absolutely unreal. Screw formalities in this case. Though....how do we know that wasn't his 2nd choice....

:-P

joking of course. Congrats Valley!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Agreed. Amazing pick. :w00t:

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Wow! I just checked on this for the first time since last week. @Valleygolfer you could have made some serious money in Vegas with a pick like that! Player and score?! I wonder what the actual odds/payouts of that bet would have been?

Yep great pics by @Valleygolfer and @Elvisliveson (won the 3 wood).

@Elvisliveson , quick reminder that you have 48 hours to claim your prize :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

For a moment there, I was so disappointed in not winning it all, I forgot there was a prize for second! Great contest, thanks guys.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver:Β Ping I20Β 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty CameronΒ  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX andΒ Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Wow! I just checked on this for the first time since last week. Β @ValleygolferΒ you could have made some serious money in Vegas with a pick like that! Player and score?! I wonder what the actual odds/payouts of that bet would have been?

Don't think that didn't cross my mind already!!! I hardly gamble so I don't feel bad. That would have been the last thing I would have done that day but I would like to know what the odds and payout would have been for a $40 bet on Kaymer.....out of curiousity.

Found it. He was 40 to 1 odds. I could have won 1600 quid...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

The only odds I found had Kaymer at 40/1. Β But that is just a straight up pick-em. Β Calling the winning score must decrease the odds exponentially.

The only odds I found had Kaymer at 40/1. Β But that is just a straight up pick-em. Β Calling the winning score must decrease the odds exponentially.

Wouldn't it increase the odds?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Don't think that didn't cross my mind already!!! I hardly gamble so I don't feel bad. That would have been the last thing I would have done that day but I would like to know what the odds and payout would have been for a $40 bet on Kaymer.....out of curiousity.

Found it. He was 40 to 1 odds. I could have won 1600 quid...

Is quid slang for dollars as well? Never heard an American use it in normal conversation, only when trying to fit-in in London.

Is quid slang for dollars as well? Never heard an American use it in normal conversation, only when trying to fit-in in London.

Maybe he's British and using slang for a pound lol

Riley

Wouldn't it increase the odds?

Haha yeah that's what I was getting at, not a big gambler so I didn't know how to put that...Increase the odds against you picking correctly/decrease the odds of you picking correctly. Β Either way I'm getting at you making more money haha. Β I would have to imagine at least ten fold?! Hitting the score on the nose? 10-15k on a 40 dollar bet? Who knows. You can buy a lot of new drivers with that money haha.

yea easy to mull about it with the benefit of hindsight.

I would have guessed for bubba to win but he sucked in this tournament.

good that rickie fowler placed highly, though.

Valleygolfer is so badass, he doesn't need to abide by this rule "Your answer must also include a 2nd and 3rd choice"

That was a greatΒ pick on his part, but given the emphasis placed on abiding by the rules (for all the prior contests as well), I would think he'd be DQ'd for not having 3 picks.....just saying.

Driver:Β Β Β Β Β Β  Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:Β Β Β  TM Rocketballz Stage 2Β  *17
Hybrids:Β Β Β  Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:Β Β  Cleveland 588Β  51*, 56*,Β 60*

Putter:Β Β Β Β Β  Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Srixon Z Star (2013)

Note:Β This thread is 3607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!