IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

11 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Just purchases a new set of knives. 

Maximum versatility, minimum counter space. The three essential knives you need to start cooking better.

They have pretty good review. I like they use a higher quality of steel. I like the minimal look of them. I am big fan of full tang knives. 

One review I read had a a con being they were to sharp? Like, not like it was chipping the blade, but because it was unsafe? 

A sharp knife is a safe knife. Learn how to use a knife. I never hurt myself when my knives were properly sharpened. 

I backed the Misen chef's knife kickstarter, and then ended up also buying the Misen paring knife when it came out. I got my sister a set also. I think they are fantastic.

I also think you can send the knives back to them for free sharpening if you don't want to do that yourself.

A dull knife slipping off a piece of food and right into your fingers is the worst kind of cooking wound. A sharp knife is a safe knife.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, iacas said:

So, I went to Five Guys today and got my burger in a lettuce wrap. First time. Was pretty good, and I’ll order more like this in the future.

A1C164DD-8FEF-48ED-9634-6CEE59618B79.jpeg

Man I love five guys. My wife doesn't. Which pretty much means that I never get it.Licking Jackie Chan GIF

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Man I love five guys. My wife doesn't. Which pretty much means that I never get it.Licking Jackie Chan GIF

A bacon cheeseburger is roughly the cost of a car payment these days, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 3/5/2022 at 7:32 PM, saevel25 said:

IMG_0326.png

That big, tall sided saute pan is a beauty. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

37 minutes ago, Big Lex said:

That big, tall sided saute pan is a beauty. 

That is my most used pan, by far. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

A dull knife slipping off a piece of food and right into your fingers is the worst kind of cooking wound. A sharp knife is a safe knife.

This exactly. You’ll never guess what prompted me to sharpen the knives at the bar I worked at 😉

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I’ve still not gotten the sharpening stones technique down. The knives fail the paper test each time.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

Chomp.  Chomp.  Made this salad for lunch... yummy.  Cucumber and avocado... bit of red onion, cilantro, squeeze of lime, pressed garlic, ground pepper, a drizzling of olive oil.  I'm healthier now than before I ate it.  😃

lunch salad.jpg

I can't stand red onions. They taste good initially, but they always leave a lingering bad taste for hours afterwards. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• 2 months later...

Made some beef stew, in the style of French onion soup for the first part. 

Sliced up two large onions, and about 8 cloves of garlic. Saute the onions for 2 hours in 1 stick of butter. Added in the garlic for about 10 minutes. I added in one carton of beef stock and one carton of veg stock with some rosemary, thyme, parsley, sliced carrot, and mushrooms. I let that come to a simmer. I heated up the instant pot and browned two beef spare ribs and a beef shank. I added the simmering onion soup base to the instant pot and let it cook for 2 hours under low pressure. I took out the beef, shredded it, and put it back in. Salted to taste, and added a splash of white balsamic vinegar to help cut through all the beefy fat. 

This one turned out really good 🙂

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Made some beef stew, in the style of French onion soup for the first part. 

Sliced up two large onions, and about 8 cloves of garlic. Saute the onions for 2 hours in 1 stick of butter. Added in the garlic for about 10 minutes. I added in one carton of beef stock and one carton of veg stock with some rosemary, thyme, parsley, sliced carrot, and mushrooms. I let that come to a simmer. I heated up the instant pot and browned two beef spare ribs and a beef shank. I added the simmering onion soup base to the instant pot and let it cook for 2 hours under low pressure. I took out the beef, shredded it, and put it back in. Salted to taste, and added a splash of white balsamic vinegar to help cut through all the beefy fat. 

This one turned out really good 🙂

Sounds good, but isn't this barbeque season in Ohio?

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Sounds good, but isn't this barbeque season in Ohio?

Ohio? Don't you mean most of the USA 😛 

I don't BBQ that often. I was never sure what type of BBQ equipment I wanted to get, and never bought any, lol. 

There are two really good BBQ placed near me. I'll let the professionals handle it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Ohio? Don't you mean most of the USA 😛 

I don't BBQ that often. I was never sure what type of BBQ equipment I wanted to get, and never bought any, lol. 

There are two really good BBQ placed near me. I'll let the professionals handle it.

We've had some great, sunny weather out here in the Pacific Northwest.  I've barbequed 6 of the last 8 days.  Can't pass up any BBQ opportunities.  I fire up the grill on my Mexican patio, while sipping a Pacifico.  

mexican patio.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Finally bought myself an Air Fryer. It will be showing up Saturday. Looking forward to experiment with what I can do with it. I like it has a dehydrator function. I know a local farm that sells really good beef. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Fries. Duh. Chicken tenders, the Impossible Chicken ones too. Salmon. Broccoli. I mean you can make Chinese bbq roast pork (Char siu).

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.