IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

11 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Just purchases a new set of knives. 

Maximum versatility, minimum counter space. The three essential knives you need to start cooking better.

They have pretty good review. I like they use a higher quality of steel. I like the minimal look of them. I am big fan of full tang knives. 

One review I read had a a con being they were to sharp? Like, not like it was chipping the blade, but because it was unsafe? 

A sharp knife is a safe knife. Learn how to use a knife. I never hurt myself when my knives were properly sharpened. 

I backed the Misen chef's knife kickstarter, and then ended up also buying the Misen paring knife when it came out. I got my sister a set also. I think they are fantastic.

I also think you can send the knives back to them for free sharpening if you don't want to do that yourself.

A dull knife slipping off a piece of food and right into your fingers is the worst kind of cooking wound. A sharp knife is a safe knife.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, iacas said:

So, I went to Five Guys today and got my burger in a lettuce wrap. First time. Was pretty good, and I’ll order more like this in the future.

A1C164DD-8FEF-48ED-9634-6CEE59618B79.jpeg

Man I love five guys. My wife doesn't. Which pretty much means that I never get it.Licking Jackie Chan GIF

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Man I love five guys. My wife doesn't. Which pretty much means that I never get it.Licking Jackie Chan GIF

A bacon cheeseburger is roughly the cost of a car payment these days, too.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:32 PM, saevel25 said:

IMG_0326.png

That big, tall sided saute pan is a beauty. 

3 hours ago, iacas said:

A bacon cheeseburger is roughly the cost of a car payment these days, too.

And it packs more calories than a Ford Pinto...

5 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

A dull knife slipping off a piece of food and right into your fingers is the worst kind of cooking wound. A sharp knife is a safe knife.

This exactly. You’ll never guess what prompted me to sharpen the knives at the bar I worked at 😉

I’ve still not gotten the sharpening stones technique down. The knives fail the paper test each time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chomp.  Chomp.  Made this salad for lunch... yummy.  Cucumber and avocado... bit of red onion, cilantro, squeeze of lime, pressed garlic, ground pepper, a drizzling of olive oil.  I'm healthier now than before I ate it.  😃

lunch salad.jpg