IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

I just received my copy of LOWEST SCORE WINS".... First impression is I have been utilizing my practice time soooooo wrong !!!!!!...I've always dumped a bucket of range balls in the greenside bunker, then practiced my 20- 40 yard shots around the green....THEN practiced my fairway bunker shots....oh yeah, those 2-3 footers on the putting green....by the time I got into my irons, I'm always beat !!...now time has reared it's ugly head and I have to always end up leaving the practice range. I thought though, that my short game is whats keeping my 16 handicap....well maybe my practice is keeping my handicap at 16 !! Tomorrow, I go out and hit my driver, hybrids, 5-6-7-8 irons and use the drills I read in the practice section. Also going for a video lesson as well just to see what's up with my duck hooking, worm burning, driver !!!

CLUBS:Β :ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER:Β :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just received my copy of LOWEST SCORE WINS"....

First impression is I have been utilizing my practice time soooooo wrong !!!!!!...I've always dumped a bucket of range balls in the greenside bunker, then practiced my 20- 40 yard shots around the green....THEN practiced my fairway bunker shots....oh yeah, those 2-3 footers on the putting green....by the time I got into my irons, I'm always beat !!...now time has reared it's ugly head and I have to always end up leaving the practice range. I thought though, that my short game is whats keeping my 16 handicap....well maybe my practice is keeping my handicap at 16 !!

Tomorrow, I go out and hit my driver, hybrids, 5-6-7-8 irons and use the drills I read in the practice section. Also going for a video lesson as well just to see what's up with my duck hooking, worm burning, driver !!!

Practice high SV shots!!!Β Β  GIRs and nGIRs!!!Β Β  You can do it!

JP

In the bag:Β  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!Β  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Sounds like a great book to read and I would love to order one, but here is my issue (do not really want to complain, just want to see if there is a solution to it): I am currently living in Switzerland and the ebay retailer does not deliver to Switzerland. This is not really a big issue since I could order the book to Germany and just pick it up somehow. But checking the delivery costs for Germany, I have to say that in my point of view they are a little bit too high. The ebay retailer charges almost $18 delivery costs for the book, meaning that the shipping costs are almost as high as the book price itself. Somehow, I believe that this is not reasonable. I hope you guys see my point... Is there any other way to get a copy of the book? Like e-copy or other shipping options?

• Administrator
The ebay retailer charges almost $18 delivery costs for the book, meaning that the shipping costs are almost as high as the book price itself. Somehow, I believe that this is not reasonable.

eBay isn't marking up the shipping very much. I have two images for you. I'll hide them in a spoiler as they may be quite large. [spoiler] [/spoiler] P.S. Buy two. Share with a friend. The per-cost price drops significantly.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKaizer

The ebay retailer charges almost $18 delivery costs for the book, meaning that the shipping costs are almost as high as the book price itself. Somehow, I believe that this is not reasonable.

eBay isn't marking up the shipping very much.

I have two images for you. I'll hide them in a spoiler as they may be quite large.

P.S. Buy two. Share with a friend. The per-cost price drops significantly.

I agree with Erik on this. Β Depending on the person, it could be worth quite a bit more.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Well, I finished the book Monday evening. It took me a while to get through it only due to lack of time. Since I started reading it my last (5) 9 holes went like this...39, 41,42,42,42. Being a higher handicapper (18-19) I am truly happy with these last 5 rounds. I usually start dropping my hand about this time of year, but these scores are great for me. I have never shot under 40 and being close that number my last 5 matches has me very excited. The book is fantastic and should be read by every golfer at every level in my opinion. I gave it to my assistant pro at my country club today and am interested to hear his thoughts. Thanks again Erik and Dave for putting this together.

P.S. if you are serious about lowering your scores don't put a price on this book if you are in another country. In my opinion, I would have paid $100 for it now that I know for myself how valuable it was for me.

Cheers,

Rick

Cheers,
Rick Menary

P.S. if you are serious about lowering your scores don't put a price on this book if you are in another country. In my opinion, I would have paid $100 for it now that I know for myself how valuable it was for me.

Cheers,

Rick

I just finished my book as well.Β  It's a no-brainer...Β  The cost of the book is well worth the cost of 1 round at a nice course.Β  The key is going to be to make sure we utilize the wealth of information inside.Β  What is the value of shooting your best rounds more consistently?Β  How much fun will you have when you understand the game .... your game a lot better?Β  What is the value of knowing that you are making the right play?Β  It's really a simple question, what do you have to lose?- Why wait?

Once you start reading the book, it will provide you with a road map to better scores.Β  It's going to be up to you to follow the map, but knowing the way there is empowering and enlightening.Β  The book is so easy to follow and logical, that you will be inspired to play, to practice, and motivated to lower your scores because it's that easy!!!

For your next round of golf, I encourage you to play LSW - You will get more out of that "round of golf" than any round you can play at another course.

LSW = A can't miss course!

JP

In the bag:Β  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!Β  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Yeah, unfortunately i live in Netherlands and dont have anyone to share with. When i find a new job this will be the first thing i will buy. For now it is a bit too pricey for my taste. Are there any plans to publish this via amazon or something like that?

Edit:Β If you look at it that way though, i might buy it. hmm, dilemma dilemma

Edit 2: haha ok i ordered it! cant wait!

Got mine yesterday and, so far, have to say it's a really good read. Could have been very stuffy but written really well with just the right amount of humour. Good service via an eBay purchase to the U.K. as well. Looking forward to reading through over the next few days or so.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9Β°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14Β°, Alta CB 65SΒ | Adams Pro Dhy 18Β°, 21Β°, 24Β°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58Β°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

• 3 weeks later...
Mine is on its way too bad it's late in the season but I'm sure I'll get lots of great info.

Looks like you are in Canada. Gets pretty cold here too soon (Chicago), but should be able to play October & November.

Mine arrived yesterday, Yay! :dance: Only read thirty pages so far, but can already tell that it was money well spent, even including the international postage.Β I'll give more detail once I've finished and had time to reflect.

PS. No way I'm passing theΒ availability of this bookΒ along to my golf buddies, until I've had a chance to beat them a few times!!

Chris.:roll:

I have to say, I think I have to read it a couple of times to fully understand it. Really like some items. For one thing, the reality check. And the course management aspects. So underrated, but so true. Sad thing is that I can not do a lot of measurements. Simply not possible on the dr I frequentie visite. I have to resolve that.

I also believe you have to read it a few times as well....but after seeing Erik in NJ for a lesson, it really tied everything together, WOW...it was a blast, the dude is really that good of a teacher getting a theory/point across....

CLUBS:Β :ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER:Β :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

Agreed, the book should be read more than once, in my case, I'm on my third time reading it, and still may take more to get the majority of the info correct..lol