IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

Honestly, it looks good to me despite your struggles. It's possible you're just not comfortable with these changes yet, so that will take some time to get used to.

The only arm chair suggestions I have is that maybe the ball position is just a tad too far forward with driver?

Also, just to keep it really simple, your tee shot summary has a lot of over draws, meaning the face needs to be more open at impact. Perhaps ease up a bit on the palmar flexion feel?

I dunno, just throwing these out there.

The overall motion does look good to me though.

Thanks. I try not to think about the palmar flexion at all except during drills.  This round the only swing thought was weight forward from A4 to 5.  Sometimes my grip feels weird during a round too as if it wants to be too strong, but Stephan actually has me setting it fairly neutral.  I end up adjusting it so the face is open at set up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Honestly, it looks good to me despite your struggles. It's possible you're just not comfortable with these changes yet, so that will take some time to get used to.

The only arm chair suggestions I have is that maybe the ball position is just a tad too far forward with driver?

Also, just to keep it really simple, your tee shot summary has a lot of over draws, meaning the face needs to be more open at impact. Perhaps ease up a bit on the palmar flexion feel?

I dunno, just throwing these out there.

The overall motion does look good to me though.

Thanks. I try not to think about the palmar flexion at all except during drills.  This round the only swing thought was weight forward from A4 to 5.  Sometimes my grip feels weird during a round too as if it wants to be too strong, but Stephan actually has me setting it fairly neutral.  I end up adjusting it so the face is open at set up.

It could be the ball position too. Maybe it's something as simple as that? It does appear to be too far forward, but it could just be the camera angle, or I could be wrong.

But what do you think about placing the ball maybe a bit closer to this red line I drew here?

It'll be fun to see what @mvmac says when he chimes in later.

Another thought here is possibly reducing the forward press at address, perhaps even leaning the shaft back slightly, away from the target. That could also reduce some unwanted draw curve.

EDIT: Maybe not leaning it back, but making it closer to level.

Constantine

I will look at ball position, but Stephan has had me move it forward a bit to get a flat or positive AoA.  I will also move the camera to the ball instead of in the middle of my stance and put down an alignment stick in the next video.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I wouldn't worry about the ball position right now. Looked over @sk golf 's notes and I agree with this piece will help things. Will help Key#2 and will stop those overdraws. Knees/things have to come together into the followthrough.  Are the overdraws starting right or at the target?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah thats a draw stance. Hard to see for yourself. The belly button is pointing to the ball. If you were square and the ball forward your torso would be facing the line at 90 degrees quite a bit behind the ball would it not? Now with the right foot back to ease the backswing it is just too easy to come back through inside.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Yeah thats a draw stance. Hard to see for yourself. The belly button is pointing to the ball. If you were square and the ball forward your torso would be facing the line at 90 degrees quite a bit behind the ball would it not? Now with the right foot back to ease the backswing it is just too easy to come back through inside.

I believe if the ball is forward, that means for the center of his stomach to be facing the ball, he would have to be OPEN to the target line. That in fact is not a DRAW set up. A draw set up would be slightly closed to promote a more inside swing path. Though players can hit many types of swing paths from any sort of alignment. Look at Lee Trevino who hit a push draw from an open stance.

I would say the ball position is probably as far forward as @boogielicious would want it to be. He could move it back a tad if it is bothering him.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Nope. Right leg back ready to kill it. He would be open otherwise, but let me say that due to the angle of the photo his right foot looks rear of his right shoulder. His clock is turned counter clockwise to the target, not square. I think this is exactly the one thing I see so many people doing, and it is really hard to get your ears around it, but once you figure it out the strokes really fall off the card.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I would leave the ball position and my right foot is slightly behind my left (or closed) and I hit fades...

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

Im gonna get a bumper sticker that says "Its all about your path" and let them wonder.
  • Upvote 1

Tom R.

So to review, @boogielicious keep doing what @sk golf says :-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I would leave the ball position and my right foot is slightly behind my left (or closed) and I hit fades...

I wouldn't worry about the ball position right now.

Question to you guys about the forward ball position @boogielicious is using. I'm assuming Trackman/Flight Scope supports a ball position that forward? Secondly, in Lowest Score Wins , the driver setup has the ball a bit further back than that (in the picture of Dave's face on driver setup). What's the reasoning behind this?

Also, what's the desired ball flight for Boogie with that ball position? I can guess, but Ill just leave to you guys here.

Thanks, guys, appreciate it! :-)

Constantine

I wouldn't worry about the ball position right now. Looked over @sk golf's notes and I agree with this piece will help things. Will help Key#2 and will stop those overdraws. Knees/things have to come together into the followthrough.  Are the overdraws starting right or at the target?

Overdraws are starting at target and drawing left of target.

I am going to keep the ball position and work on the knees this week.   I was really looking more for comments on how to adjust/counter issues on the course when things go awry.  My work plan is still based entirely on my Evolvr lesson.

Question to you guys about the forward ball position @boogielicious is using. I'm assuming Trackman/Flight Scope supports a ball position that forward? Secondly, in Lowest Score Wins, the driver setup has the ball a bit further back than that (in the picture of Dave's face on driver setup). What's the reasoning behind this?

Also, what's the desired ball flight for Boogie with that ball position? I can guess, but Ill just leave to you guys here.

Thanks, guys, appreciate it!

I will try to get some info on this when I do my Shot Zone work.

So to review, @boogielicious keep doing what @sk golf says

That's the plan.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Question to you guys about the forward ball position @boogielicious is using. I'm assuming Trackman/Flight Scope supports a ball position that forward? Secondly, in Lowest Score Wins, the driver setup has the ball a bit further back than that (in the picture of Dave's face on driver setup). What's the reasoning behind this?

Of course having the ball more forward allows you to to hit up more. I'm not sure what you're asking, because that seems like something you'd agree would be obvious.

They are essentially the same ball position:

Overdraws are starting at target and drawing left of target.

I am going to keep the ball position and work on the knees this week.   I was really looking more for comments on how to adjust/counter issues on the course when things go awry.  My work plan is still based entirely on my Evolvr lesson.

Aim the clubface more to the right. That's the "on-course" fix. Ball is starting too straight. Make sure it's not just opening your hands while keeping the same grip, but is actually a more right-pointing face.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Of course having the ball more forward allows you to to hit up more. I'm not sure what you're asking, because that seems like something you'd agree would be obvious.

They are essentially the same ball position:

Ahh interesting. It wasn't obvious because I couldn't plug that picture on the left into Analzyr like you could. I was just going off naked eye, so it looked slightly farther back to me. Yea, it's obvious when you can plug it in like that.

You can see where the line intersects their left foot so I was going off of that, hence why I suggested putting it back to where Dave has it, but I couldn't visualize the line being even with the left shoulder.

And the desired ball flight for Boogie with that ball position?

Anyway, thanks, Erik. Appreciate it. Didn't notice they were essentially the same. Yea, I agree on the hitting up obviously.

Edit: nevermind. High draw with the closed stance. Or wait. SK golf said fades in his response.

Constantine

I got that bit about playability Boogie, and thats why the center of the swing becomes so relevant. Through a knowledge of the center bottom of the swing arc, one may adjust for souch things as a ball above your feet on the right side of a par five such that the 3 wood in your hand must be faded or it will hook into the hazard left. Its the path that adjusts our feet, because the shot comes first, path / face causes the shot to fly as intended and our feet support the swing and its path. To focus in reverse order can be chaotic. Plus tees are level and optimum, and allow specialty clubs to be used in ways that other clubs are not, such as swinging up on a ball.

Tom R.

I got that bit about playability Boogie, and thats why the center of the swing becomes so relevant. Through a knowledge of the center bottom of the swing arc, one may adjust for souch things as a ball above your feet on the right side of a par five such that the 3 wood in your hand must be faded or it will hook into the hazard left. Its the path that adjusts our feet, because the shot comes first, path / face causes the shot to fly as intended and our feet support the swing and its path. To focus in reverse order can be chaotic. Plus tees are level and optimum, and allow specialty clubs to be used in ways that other clubs are not, such as swinging up on a ball.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're taking about, and how this statement is supposed to help @boogielicious . Your posts always seem a little cryptic; can you elaborate for those of us who don't own an enigma machine?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread