• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
RFKFREAK

The Colin007 and RFKFREAK Golf Outing!

So, seeing as now the NE Golf Outing seems stalled (hi @jamo and @Valleygolfer ), @colin007 and I decided to play a round yesterday and call it the Albany Golf Outing!

Much fun was had even if the scores didn't reflect it (and boy, were they awful).

We did get a chance to video tape on shot off the tee for the fun of it.

This one is Colin's:

And because Colin couldn't figure out how to use the camera on his phone, we had to take a video of my swing on a different hole which also allowed me the chance to have some fun with him.  Here's mine:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds like fun! Very cool stuff! Does not appear to a big TST group in PHx that I am aware of ...

And because Colin couldn't figure out how to use the camera on his phone, we had to take a video of my swing on a different hole which also allowed me the chance to have some fun with him.  Here's mine:

Looks like the ball might be a bit in front of the tee markers ;-)

Looks like the ball might be a bit in front of the tee markers ;-)

Lol lol! We had a great time even if the scores were abysmal... I haven't played that badly in years. Smallbany FTW!!

Lol lol! We had a great time even if the scores were abysmal... I haven't played that badly in years. Smallbany FTW!!

I think next year's NE outing should be in Albany again. ;) BTW, for those that were wondering, I did arrive in a sweet ride. :D

Bah! Who needs New England anyways?!? Bunch of Brit loving motherland apologists... :-P

Uhh, considering my wallet was in my golf bad, I'm not sure what you're looking at.

What was that corded thing on your waist? And why didn't you give us an option to come to the Albany shin dig.

What was that corded thing on your waist? And why didn't you give us an option to come to the Albany shin dig.

Haha, that's cord attached to my rangefinder.

Blame @colin007 - he texted me the evening before and was like, "you want to play tomorrow?"

I thought he was on a plane to Italy at the time.

However, that said, we do plan on playing again and would be more than happy to set something up if there's an interest.

I think he gets back at the end of next week.

Nice. Too bad you didn't get more shots/holes.

They only filmed the best holes, or to put it another way, the A-holes. ;-)

Nice. Too bad you didn't get more shots/holes.

Yeah, we didn't really think about it until we were midway through the back 9.

They only filmed the best holes, or to put it another way, the A-holes.

Haha, to be honest, that was my best drive of the day.  Nice, straight, and long.

The rest of them were very scary. :surrender:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • Okay, I'll give it a shot.  What the heck.  If you're a right-handed golfer, starting in your stance have your elbows close together, with the insides of the elbows facing up.  At the top of the back swing, your left wrist should be flat, and your right wrist should be cocked back.   That will help you tuck in your right elbow.  Then when you start down, keep your right elbow tucked in.  Don't flip the club with your right hand.  Keep your right wrist cocked back.  Try to have your elbows close together when you hit the ball.   
    • Played my first round yesterday; shot 153, at least 10 balls lost in the water and in the woods
    • Advanced statistics and analysis in baseball is a lot more prevalent than just the Oakland A's and  the movie, but yea, the book is how the public became aware of it for the most part. Every front office in every major sport uses analysis whether they're public about it or not, most with their own proprietary systems. Judging by your comments, I'm guessing you never studied statistical analysis or forecasting. No, you can't predict the future, but you can make decisions based on trends that are most likely indicative of future performance. It's a lot more effective than simply guessing or "going with your gut." For example, if a guy misses almost every cut in a tournament with bad weather and his next one has rain in the forecast, it's a pretty safe bet he's going to miss the cut. That doesn't mean he definitely will, but his past performance indicates that is the most likely outcome. I watched a program that talked about those daily fantasy gambling sites once and the top winners all use very complicated analysis tools to predict performance of athletes. They got into some really minute details like how an athlete performs under certain weather conditions, start times, etc. They're not just picking guys blind. Zero. Billy Beane himself said the playoffs are based on luck. Baseball has a playoff format that is different than regular season play so you can build a team that can win 100 games but isn't necessarily the strongest for a best-of-five or seven series. Even if it is, you can have a couple of guys hit a slump during the playoffs and lose anyway. The announcers made a big deal in the broadcast about how great Corey Kluber was in the month of September but then he faltered in the playoff series in October against the Yankees. They just assumed he was going to continue to be lights out, but he regressed to the mean. He's still one of the best pitchers in baseball, but if you combine his performances in September and October together, you're going to get a better picture of how he is as a pitcher than if you only evaluate his performance in the arbitrary month of September (or October, for that matter). How did they do before "analytics" was introduced? A poorly managed team is poorly managed, with or without additional stats to help make decisions.
    • That doesn't seem like it's necessarily a good thing- to unexpectedly fly over your target and land on the back of the green.  It doesn't seem like something you'd want to happen.  That seems like a shot you'd want to avoid. 
    • Thanks, Buckeyebowman. Just returning it is a tricky move for me. Getting a flatter backswing sounds good. What are some good ways to achieve this? Swing more around? Anything else? Thx for the help. SG. Hi Bill,   Thx for the comments. Yes, working on my pivot helped. Either moving my shoulder/hips at the same time on the bs or just turn my chest. My ball striking has improved. However, I guess were always looking to improve more.  Agreed, comparing Nicklaus to the average hack wouldn't be a useful comparison. But, it's a common reply when someone brings this topic up. Next is Freddy and Eamonn Darcy, who has taken this to an extreme.   Cheers   SG   StefanUrkel,   On the right hand, would stronger or weaker help? Yes, I am completing my turn. Probably, more like overswinging as the flying elbow allows you to keep going.    SG
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. 17hoffmanc
      17hoffmanc
      (19 years old)
    2. jamo
      jamo
      (25 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon