IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Going to be another lightning deal on it tomorrow.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Thank you for the head's up.  $119 was too good a deal to pass on again.

Randal

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="smellysell" url="/t/76544/tst-investigates-game-golf/414#post_1083092"] Going to be another lightning deal on it tomorrow.[/QUOTE] Thank you for the head's up.  $119 was too good a deal to pass on again.

I passed since I spent $150 on grips yesterday. It was tempting though.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Thanks for the heads up,couldn't pass it up, was waiting for the price to drop.

Brian   

Another review of Game Golf by Mark Crossfield. Based on Game Golf he pulled the 4 iron from his bag.

He loves it.

He has the luxury of owning a GC2 launch monitor as well. So he's able to go to that and confirm his suspicions. I would be wary of thinking some numbers are overly bad. I think a lot of people overestimate how good they need to be from certain distances. I would always check PGA Tour averages in GIR and Proximity to see if there really needs to be a change or not. Also, couple that with knowing your own game.

Actually seeing the data is like seeing your swing for the first time on Video. Sometimes it just doesn't look pretty, but in the long run it is very helpful if used correctly.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I found a cool feature today, where you can compare your stats with averages of handicap ranges that use game golf. Showed me what I should improve to get my score lowers, spoiler the lower the score the higher the GIR =)

Actually seeing the data is like seeing your swing for the first time on Video. Sometimes it just doesn't look pretty, but in the long run it is very helpful if used correctly.

It's definitely cool and can be applied in a useful manner towards improvement. Not only does it give you the distances you hit each club, but also dispersion. With enough rounds, you can get a really good picture of your skills.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Another review of Game Golf by Mark Crossfield. Based on Game Golf he pulled the 4 iron from his bag.

He loves it.

Didn't have time to watch the video, but I've got a question.

To do this, did Crossfield have to hit a shot, walk to the ball to tag it, walk back, hit another shot, walk to the ball to tag it, rinse and repeat until he's created a big enough sample? Seems like a pretty inefficient and time consuming way to chart your shot zones or is there another way to do this?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Didn't have time to watch the video, but I've got a question. To do this, did Crossfield have to hit a shot, walk to the ball to tag it, walk back, hit another shot, walk to the ball to tag it, rinse and repeat until he's created a big enough sample? Seems like a pretty inefficient and time consuming way to chart your shot zones or is there another way to do this?

His 4i stats are based on actual round play: five or six shots, zero within 15 yards of the flag. Based on that, he went to work with his GC2.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Didn't have time to watch the video, but I've got a question. To do this, did Crossfield have to hit a shot, walk to the ball to tag it, walk back, hit another shot, walk to the ball to tag it, rinse and repeat until he's created a big enough sample? Seems like a pretty inefficient and time consuming way to chart your shot zones or is there another way to do this?

No he is just using data from his shots while playing on the course. His four iron data is only about five shots over the course of nine rounds or whatever it is he has played. Game golf also does not really work that way. I believe you have to be on a course and you have to be playing a hole for it to work. And I don't know that you could even play the same hole over and over, say if it was a four iron tee shot into a par three. Then again if you had that time and the course was that open, you could just hit fifteen balls and go up to the green and mark your shot zone. So the only real use for game golf is a very practical one, stat keeping in real rounds.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

His 4i stats are based on actual round play: five or six shots, zero within 15 yards of the flag. Based on that, he went to work with his GC2.

Ahhh...I see. So you just play a few rounds to build up some stats and then you can pull up individual clubs to see your tendencies? That's cool, and probably yields much more accurate real life shot zones instead of what you'd generate by hitting 20 balls in a row to the same target grom the same lie.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ahhh...I see. So you just play a few rounds to build up some stats and then you can pull up individual clubs to see you tendencies? That's cool, and probably yeilds much more accurate real life shot zones instead of what you'd generate by hitting 20 balls in a row to the same target grom the same lie.

Yea. Obviously, the more rounds you play (and more times you use a certain club), the more accurate your stats are. For example, I played 6 rounds before this trip and hit my 4i twice, so I just pulled it out of my bag. I'm assuming I know in my mind that I suck with my 4i without having the data from GameGolf and that's why I never use it.

Bill

My Swing Thread

This made me look up my four iron data as well. So far I would not even think about taking it out of the bag. I have been feeling that I am more accurate with it over a hybrid and so far this is going in the right direction.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

You can also highlight over specific shots on the computer so you can analyze your game even further:

It's useful for me as I'll hit partial swings and knockdowns into greens. The scatter plot shows all my approach shots with the club, but I can map out my shot zones based on full vs knockdown swings, etc.

Bill

My Swing Thread

You can also highlight over specific shots on the computer so you can analyze your game even further: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/110395/] [/URL] It's useful for me as I'll hit partial swings and knockdowns into greens. The scatter plot shows all my approach shots with the club, but I can map out my shot zones based on full vs knockdown swings, etc.

Can't wait to use this stuff. Has anyone else been having any problems with the sensors working their way out? I know iacas siliconed his. Is that what everyone else is doing?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Can't wait to use this stuff. Has anyone else been having any problems with the sensors working their way out? I know iacas siliconed his. Is that what everyone else is doing?

Never had a problem with mine.

Bill

My Swing Thread