IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Bummer. Only used it for 7 holes but I can see how it will be useful. Nothing unexpected and easy to use. My numbers were all over the place which I already new but seeing it helps. Miss is left and how well I score starts on the tee. Best drive was 275 par was easy. Worst drive was duck hook 183 and I strggled to save bogey. It pretty much nailed hole locations. Only time it didn't was when the slope was enough the putt had to be started away from the hole. Not going out again until weather is better not worth it.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And I won an auction on Ebay.  Paid $177.50 (a bit more than I wanted; was hoping to get it for $165) but free shipping so can't wait for it to get here!

Is there anything I should do besides set up an account before it gets here?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

And I won an auction on Ebay.  Paid $177.50 (a bit more than I wanted; was hoping to get it for $165) but free shipping so can't wait for it to get here!

Is there anything I should do besides set up an account before it gets here?

About the only thing you can do without it is set up an account, and join the GG group here.

Be careful who you choose to follow.  Some people on here play a LOT of golf and the constant notifications could exasperate your winter depression.  I'm looking at you Matt B!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I think you can choose yes or no for new game signed notifications. Though pretty sure you are being facetious.

I received a couple yesterday for the local guys I follow. They aren't using GG correctly, not editing rounds before signing. One guy started with a birdie. I was thinking right on he chipped in. Then a couple holes later an eagle on a par 4, couple later another chip in birdie. He's not tagging putts.

My guess is he's not worth following. I chose him because he had similar scores posted but I didn't go through every round. I am sure if I looked all the higher rounds are representative of what he really shots. He's an older guy judging the pic and I was impressed with his high 70's scores but mid 90's are probably the real story with his length. Problem is he doesn't have any rounds with scores like that posted.

I saw another guy averaging 305 driving. He had a few over 350 so I wonder if that is legit as well. Could be two shots. Unless I missed it there are no handicaps in public profiles, you can list it in account settings. They need to add that IMO. I'd like more options for searching players.

I think you can choose yes or no for new game signed notifications. Though pretty sure you are being facetious. I received a couple yesterday for the local guys I follow. They aren't using GG correctly, not editing rounds before signing. One guy started with a birdie. I was thinking right on he chipped in. Then a couple holes later an eagle on a par 4, couple later another chip in birdie. He's not tagging putts. My guess is he's not worth following. I chose him because he had similar scores posted but I didn't go through every round. I am sure if I looked all the higher rounds are representative of what he really shots. He's an older guy judging the pic and I was impressed with his high 70's scores but mid 90's are probably the real story with his length. Problem is he doesn't have any rounds with scores like that posted. I saw another guy averaging 305 driving. He had a few over 350 so I wonder if that is legit as well. Could be two shots. Unless I missed it there are no handicaps in public profiles, you can list it in account settings. They need to add that IMO.

You bring up a good point. You can totally game GG and manipulate the results. Pointless to spend the money on it just to do that, but whatever, people do strange things. I only follow members here and I assume that they are honest and forthcoming, because they have never given me any reason to think otherwise.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You bring up a good point. You can totally game GG and manipulate the results. Pointless to spend the money on it just to do that, but whatever, people do strange things.

I only follow members here and I assume that they are honest and forthcoming, because they have never given me any reason to think otherwise.

I think he's just forgetting to do it. Looking closer his rounds are all over the place. He's been using it a few months but I know I had to catch myself just walking up and not tapping before tap ins. Which unfortunately is a common occurrence due to all the greens I miss, a chip and a missed short putt to save par. Couple times I walked back to the spot and tapped. I assume as I use it more I will remember to do it. Fortunately squishy greens leave footprints. Though I don't care about putts from that distance just want it to post for scoring. I am still going to use a scorecard.

But I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't sign correct rounds. Stats would be effed.

Mine arrives today and I just read through this entire thread. :) Is there a way to search people by your country club? Or players that have played the course and look at the stats?

I like what Dave2512 said about: I found a guy that posted a few rounds at my parents club that averaged 304 driving and was shooting under par and it is a very challenging course. Seeing where he put tbe ball compared to my usual shots was eye opening.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

For the people that didn't use silicon glue, are you having any issues with the tags coming off? I think I remember @Golfingdad saying he was having a bit of an issue with that. I'd like to buy new irons this year so I'm hesitant about losing the tags. Maybe I'll screw and glue them on just to be safe.

Christian

For the people that didn't use silicon glue, are you having any issues with the tags coming off? I think I remember @Golfingdad saying he was having a bit of an issue with that.

I'd like to buy new irons this year so I'm hesitant about losing the tags. Maybe I'll screw and glue them on just to be safe.

No. I probably just jinxed myself right now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

For the people that didn't use silicon glue, are you having any issues with the tags coming off? I think I remember @Golfingdad saying he was having a bit of an issue with that. I'd like to buy new irons this year so I'm hesitant about losing the tags. Maybe I'll screw and glue them on just to be safe.

I have not had any issues with mine yet.

I don't use glue and haven't had any come loose.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

For the people that didn't use silicon glue, are you having any issues with the tags coming off? I think I remember @Golfingdad saying he was having a bit of an issue with that.

I'd like to buy new irons this year so I'm hesitant about losing the tags. Maybe I'll screw and glue them on just to be safe.

Yeah, I did.  First few times at the range I'd have them come loose occasionally, and one actually came out during the first hole of the first round I played with them.  Very quickly after that I got the silicone glue on @iacas 's recommendation and I've had no trouble since.

I don't use glue and haven't had any come loose.

My guess would be that the little hole at the end of the grip is perhaps not uniform, brand to brand.  Out of curiosity, what grips do you use?

My guess would be that the little hole at the end of the grip is perhaps not uniform, brand to brand.  Out of curiosity, what grips do you use?

New decade multi compound.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Yeah, I did.  First few times at the range I'd have them come loose occasionally, and one actually came out during the first hole of the first round I played with them.  Very quickly after that I got the silicone glue on @iacas 's recommendation and I've had no trouble since.

Did you also cut the screw part off or did you do the silicone glue and screw it in?

Christian

New decade multi compound.

Pure for me.  And specifically ones that were blown on with the gun that requires you to stick a plastic needle thingie in that hole.  Perfectly conceivable that that action "loosens" the hole a bit.

Did you also cut the screw part off or did you do the silicone glue and screw it in?

No, I put a little silicone glue on there AND screwed them in.

I did, however, have to cut the screw part off of my putter tag and use the thick double-sided tape they recommend.  http://support.gamegolf.com/customer/portal/articles/1668047  The butt end of my putter grip is a bit convex and I was sure that it wouldn't hold, however, I've had no problems with that either.

Pure for me.  And specifically ones that were blown on with the gun that requires you to stick a plastic needle thingie in that hole.  Perfectly conceivable that that action "loosens" the hole a bit.

No, I put a little silicone glue on there AND screwed them in.

I did, however, have to cut the screw part off of my putter tag and use the thick double-sided tape they recommend.  http://support.gamegolf.com/customer/portal/articles/1668047  The butt end of my putter grip is a bit convex and I was sure that it wouldn't hold, however, I've had no problems with that either.

Sweet!  Thanks for answering my questions.

Such a wealth of information you are.  It almost makes me not dislike you for not knowing what an end to a golf season is. :-P

Christian