IGNORED

Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?

Shorty
Note: This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

She DQ'd herself........................

End of story!

My 2 cents...

Agreed. It was too bad it had to end that way. I suppose we all make big mistakes, this was certainly one of her's.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How often in the past did she mark 1' putts? I'm not going to give her a pass if she typically does, but it would really be saying something if she does not.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

How often in the past did she mark 1' putts? I'm not going to give her a pass if she typically does, but it would really be saying something if she does not.

How about a video compilation of her marking multiple putts of any length. Does she typically put her marker down to the left of her ball or ONLY when she's doing the manoeuvre.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The ball moved approximately one ball to the left as far as I can tell, which is 4.3cm, or 1.68" in the silly system.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I notice this was another case of a viewer calling in and letting them know about the infraction.

Not a fan of this practice at all, if the officials don't call it, then the player should not be penalized, no way should a caller be able to point out a penalty.

Most officiated sports have a number of officials watching a small space. Basketball, for example, has three officials watching an area the size of my back yard. Golf has (who knows how many) officials covering a 150-acre arena. That's why the players have to officiate themselves, and honor regarding the rules is paramount. Odds are, no one will be watching you except the players in your group and their caddies, who are busy with their own game, and a handful of fans, who are not looking for or trained to look for this sort of thing, which essentially means no one is watching. Trying to pull a fast one like Choi did hurts the field in that tournament and the integrity of the sport. I say TV viewers are an important check.

And I watched the tape. Good grief, how obvious can you get?

I notice this was another case of a viewer calling in and letting them know about the infraction.

Not a fan of this practice at all, if the officials don't call it, then the player should not be penalized, no way should a caller be able to point out a penalty.

100% agree - the armchair call-in's need to stop - I have a huge problem with that

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

• Administrator

100% agree - the armchair call-in's need to stop - I have a huge problem with that

I disagree 100% with you. And this is the thread for that: .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Was it really 4cm? The distance seems to be growing.

In all honesty, I am not sure why she's using a huge marker like that.

I did an experiment where I placed the ball at the edge of my reach in roughly the same body position. Then when I tried to replace it in the same position I would have lost my balance.

Hypothetically, if she was pissed that she just missed a birdie putt and lipped out 1 foot, and she was tired and lazy then she might be prone to place the ball in still on the marker but where she can do it comfortably. The thinking is probably that the net outcome would not matter because no one misses a 1 footer.

Remember that I am not excusing her behavior at all, neither during the action nor the act of WD and not signing her card. The only thing I would change is title of this thread which I think should read "Chella Choi breaks the rules and is defiant about the ruling. What is the LPGA doing about it?"

If I am ever guilty of murder, I want you on my jury.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

If I am ever ALLEGEDLY guilty of murder, I want you on my jury.

Fixed that for you.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Fixed that for you.

Nope.  Allegedly does not apply here because I KNOW.

I mean if I am ACTUALLY guilty I want people on the jury who will bend over backwards to an implausible extent to excuse my actions.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Nope.  Allegedly does not apply here because I KNOW. I mean if I am ACTUALLY guilty I want people on the jury who will bend over backwards to an implausible extent to excuse my actions.

I shot her on accident. I thought she was a deer.

Riley

You have a huge problem with cheats being identified?

That's a strange position to have.

We are talking here about cheating , not rules violations like a club grazing a weed in a hazard and oscillating golf balls

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

Nope.  Allegedly does not apply here because I KNOW.

I mean if I am ACTUALLY guilty I want people on the jury who will bend over backwards to an implausible extent to excuse my actions.

The way I see it, you were just losing your balance. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nope.  Allegedly does not apply here because I KNOW. I mean if I am ACTUALLY guilty I want people on the jury who will bend over backwards to an implausible extent to excuse my actions.

there would be no need for a trial if you already admitted guilt.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

there would be no need for a trial if you already admitted guilt.

He's guilty but he isn't pleading guilty. Happens all the time.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

He's guilty but he isn't pleading guilty. Happens all the time.

True. :-)

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/representing-client-whom-the-lawyer-thinks-is-guilty.html

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

So the cheater finished third in a tournament that she shouldn't have been playing in, on a tour that she should have been suspended from, and pocketed a cool $76,000 that should have gone to all of the other players in the field who aren't cheaters.

Wonder what all of those women immediately below her think about that.

I'm

So the cheater finished third in a tournament that she shouldn't have been playing in, on a tour that she should have been suspended from, and pocketed a cool $76,000 that should have gone to all of the other players in the field who aren't cheaters.

Wonder what all of those women immediately below her think about that.

I'm disappointed that none of them had the nerve to speak up.  I wonder if a memo went out to all the ladies on the Tour from the LPGA requesting their silence because it seems too coincidental that not one person had something to say about it.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!