IGNORED

If You Could Only Use 2 Clubs

Gary L
Note: This thread is 892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think hybrid and wedge would be a good combo for me. The question would be which wedge it would be.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A 5 wood, and a sand wedge. I'd putt with my 5W.  I play a few 3 club tournaments every year. They are a lot of fun. I usually carry a 5I with those two other clubs. Depends a lot on the course make up.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

My initial reaction is 2h and a 52 degree wedge - I'm sure I could putt with the 19degree hybrid, and if I have to I can hood a wedge to about a 7iron.

Then again maybe the correct answer is to just hit the 7-iron, it's the only truly safe club in my bag

Players play, tough players win!

Depends greatly on the course, but I'm @Jeremie Boop , I'd go with my 4h and maybe a 56*. Definitely would not take a driver as I can't hit it anywhere but off the tee and possible around the green for runners and whatnot. I'd go with FW over driver but I can really spank my 4h and it's way more versatile than a FW. I putt with my 56* and 60* all the time when practicing on the chipping green. Too lazy to go get my putter to putt out. It's not that hard to putt with a wedge, just got to get used to aiming it, you basically want to blade the equator.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

A 5 wood, and a sand wedge. I'd putt with my 5W.  I play a few 3 club tournaments every year. They are a lot of fun. I usually carry a 5I with those two other clubs. Depends a lot on the course make up.

I used to do it quite a bit for variety, and the 5 wood/sand wedge was my choice, although I'd blade the wedge for putts up to about 30 feet.  And it's good to have a short club for tricky chips, pitches and bunker shots.

Some good points being made here, I'll change my answer, gotta have a wedge, and I can putt with a 3h, 3h and SW

But can you hit one accurately from 150 yards? ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My original thought was 4 iron and sand wedge, but I think I would actually go with a five iron and a gap wedge.  I would putt with the five iron.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

LOL  at the people who don't realise that putting with a wedge is the way to go.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

LOL  at the people who don't realise that putting with a wedge is the way to go.

LOL at people who don't have s55 irons to putt backhanded with.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Putting with a wedge is kind of hard, you have to blade it, I think gripping down on a hybrid would be better, but maybe I'm wrong.

Depends greatly on the course, but I'm @Jeremie Boop, I'd go with my 4h and maybe a 56*.

This was supposed to say, "I'm with @Jeremie Boop ". Man, I hate seeing my typos days later. SMH

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Totally agree.

LOL at people who don't have s55 irons to putt backhanded with.

Totally agree.

LOL.

Putting with a wedge is kind of hard, you have to blade it, I think gripping down on a hybrid would be better, but maybe I'm wrong.

I would find the distance control too maddening. Hybrid faces are really hot compared to putters. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to adjust to a wedge for putting. The only trouble I have is aiming it well but if I have to choose between hitting my line and getting my distance I'll take distance control every time. Maybe that's just me though...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!