IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/ChilliDipper/round/1109493

I went to the course this morning on a mission to not give up so many cheap strokes, so I was treating this round as a match against par; I wasn't even going to worry about adding up my score until the end of the round. I got off to an incredible start, going birdie (net eagle) on the first hole, but see-sawed back to all square by the end of the the fourth, finishing the front nine 1-down. My drives on 3, 6, and 9 all caught lumber, but they all managed to stay in play.

I walked the first nine holes, but I hitched onto my playing partner's cart at the turn as a light rain started to fall. A par (net eagle) on 11 put me all square against par again, but I started to tighten up from riding after that: I lost my first drive into the woods on the next two holes, dropping to 2-down. I had to settle for a halve on 14 after three-putting from above the hole, but things really fell apart on 15. After my second shot clipped a branch, I unknowingly pulled a pitching wedge instead of my gap wedge, and my third flew well over the green. Not only did I lose the hole to bee on the wrong side of dormie, but it was the only hole of the day where I couldn't manage net bogey.

I wasn't going down without a fight, though. I crushed my drive on 16; though I caught the second a little thin, I hit a great pitch to within six feet of the hole, draining the putt for my second birdie (net eagle) of the day. After catching my tee shot off the toe on 17, I made a miracle putt for par (net birdie). I knew I could end the round all square against par with a bogey or less on 18 (getting two strokes), but I stupidly checked my scorecard while waiting to tee off. According to the app, I had a par to shoot 90. I caught the drive way off the toe, but it stayed in the fairway. With the pin tucked in behind the front bunker, I chose to punch a 5-iron short and left of the green, which left a clear chip up to the hole. I hit the third shot a little fat, leaving me with some scruffy fringe still to negotiate. Instead of putting, I chipped again, but the second time was stiffed. Tap in to finish the match against par all square, and what I thought was a tie for my all-time best round of 91. It turned out that I forgot to tag one of my approach shots, but a 92 is still my lowest round of the year.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Just got back from a round, and GAME Golf online seemingly didn't record anything after my second shot at #9.  Short of recreating it from memory, am I SOL on this?

Not sure what happened.  I tagged each shot and it beeped and vibrated.  It was fully charged this morning too. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Just got back from a round, and GAME Golf online seemingly didn't record anything after my second shot at #9.  Short of recreating it from memory, am I SOL on this?

Sometimes they show up later.

But if not, you'll have to re-create it from the hole it stopped onward.

I forgot my GG today so I'm re-creating my whole round. ;-)

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1110014

69 on a par 71 (the 9th hole plays as a par 4 now, despite being 475 with a 255-yard carry over water) during a playing lesson with one of my favorite junior golfers/students.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1112319

It was a brutal round. I walked out of my front door at 5:30AM and the humidity just hit me like a ton of bricks. By the 13th hole I was thinking about the heat more than the golf. I need to start wearing a headband because I sweat so much from my forehead that I start having a hard time seeing from all the salt. I've washed my face several times since I've been home and my eyes still burn.

Rough was tougher today that usual, but my contact wasn't really good in general. I have no confidence in anything longer than my 6i right now and I haven't been pitching/chipping it close enough to save any pars. Also played from the blue tees instead of the tips and I don't think it made a difference in my scoring, though it did end up giving me a higher differential for the round.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I kinda posted a rundown in the "What did you shoot thread" but here's my round:  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/shanneken/round/1112112

Best round of my life, first time breaking 80, went 2 over on the back 9 (which obviously is the best 9 of my life as well).

Hit a lot of GIR/nGIR and my distance putting length was pretty spot on leaving me <5 ft putts that all seemed to go in.  Greens rolled really well and weren't like putting on glass so I felt I had a better feel.  Never thought I'd finish with that round after having two double bogeys in the first 6 holes but ended up making par after par out there.

Edited by amished
  • Upvote 1

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Shot an ugly 103 today paired with @GolfLug in the TST Ohio outing.

I definitely tried to mix things up a bit.  Combined the old "hit the green in regulation, then four-putt for double":

Capture.JPG

...with a little bit of "fat an iron shot into a hazard, then dunk two more balls into the hazard from the drop zone":

Capture.JPG

I'm still working on my full swing from a recent lesson, so I didn't expect much, but the putting and short game were absolutely atrocious.  The only saving grace was that it was Stableford, so the blow-up holes didn't hurt as much.

- John

Okay, a combination of things happened the last three days.

One, my club championship.  I complained ... somewhere ... about issues with the rounds and how they were recorded with Game Golf.  I had to fix a few things, but rounds are all good now.  Today's round, recorded without connecting to my phone got all 18 in with very minor errors (pin positions, and a few user error forgetting to tag a shot or two). 

The rounds: 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1109899 <- round 1.  Can you believe it?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1111957 <- round 2.  Can you believe I made the cut?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1115909 <- round 3.  Can you believe I'll be allowed to play again some day?

All three rounds were the kind of rounds 20 handicappers point to and say "see, that's why the short game is important."  A few years ago, I would have said that also.  But the fact of the matter is that it was bad ball striking all around.  I was putting my "short game" in situations where ... I don't know.  I could blame it on tough pin positions, but those barely figured into my shots.

Not just bad ball striking, but the holes where it was bad, it was atrocious.  Two quadruple bogeys in the mix.  11 GIRs.  Not 11 GIR for one day.  11 GIR over 36 holes.  I had one or two incidents of hitting a green with a full swing beyond those, including a bizarre "up and down" from 200 yards on hole 11 round 2 -- long par 4, topped drive, mediocre hybrid, 5-wood to a few feet and made the putt.  

Fortunately, I had enough good holes to make up for it.  I even threw a birdie in... on Sunday, as part of a 94. 

The good news is no more tournaments for a month.  Let's see how I do in mid-September at my next event.  Back to regular practice, working on latest lesson, and so on.

Somehow, Game Golf thinks I'm gaining strokes over a 10 handicap off the tee and with my approach shots and it's a short game I need to work on where I'm losing to 10 handicaps.  2.13 short game, 3.52 putting.  Thank goodness for that near half stroke driving and near full stroke approach shots.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/lazarus/round/1114495

After a fair bit of practice since January and a bunch of 88s lately, I hit an 82 yesterday. Driving was a big influence, straight and a fair few long ones by hitting the right spots in the sloping fairways. Putting is okay at 31 PPR, although didn't hole anything except a 35 ft monster.

Chipping from the greenside rough is costing me from going really low, so hopefully a few nights in the grass this week and weekend can tidy that up! Hcap down to 13.7 now, single figures by end of Sept is still the target but hopefully I can give that a real crack.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1121301

Played yesterday at Cherokee Valley in the mountains of North Greenville, SC.

Chipped in for birdie on #16. Made a 15 footer for birdie on #18. Only putt I made all day.

Great course for $25.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

4 three putts and 2 OB off the tee and still managed a +8 44....

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1124538

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Yesterday, nine-holes evening.  Literally played #9 by darkness after the greenskeeper (or whoever it was) took the flag out.  In a few instances, I hit "another shot" -- the tagged shots are my first one.  This was intended as a practice round, and maybe I should have felt otherwise after birdies on 2 & 3. ;-)  

For example, hole 3, 70ish yards from the pin, I hit a 1/2 nine-iron.  That's the tagged shot.  Then I hit a full sand wedge.  I don't think I'll be hitting many full sand wedges in real rounds, but that's the distance I think it goes.  Similar with my chip on #4.  That sort of thing.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1127138

Today, played 18 with some friends.  Got it going on the back, which has been my trend lately in rounds in which I don't suck for all 18.  Hole 16, after my tee shot (it's a par-3), I realized I've been letting the pin position affect my club selection on approaches.  I still aim to get it on the green, but I've been picking "pin high" distances -- I need to re-read the relevant LSW section and probably the thread on this site too.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1127136

-- Michael | My swing! 

After playing 18 yesterday and not being pleased with how I played, I went out again today... shot an 86 at Wilson, good for a 13.0 differential -- exactly my handicap as of last week.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1129691

Trend index now 12.9. 

... and, with this round, looking at the strokes gained/lost compared to a 10 handicap according to Game Golf.  I've separated myself by a little less than an extra tenth of a stroke each on driving and approach, am half a stroke closer on short game, and .12 worse than before in putting (losing 3.12 strokes putting to a 10-handicap, compared to 3 as of yesterday).

I wonder if that qualifies as incompetent at putting yet... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

72 at Downing with some kids. Course rating from back there is in the 73s, I think.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1130098

Didn't play great. Very windy day too. Need to find a good feeling again with the irons.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1127088

Played my last Elite Am Tour event of the year on Saturday at Furman University.

Shot one under 71. Got up and down for birdie on three of the par 5's. That was the key to the whole round. 28 putts didn't hurt either.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I am not a GameGolf user but I have checked out some of the GameGolf user's scores and data. Interesting system.

One question I had was the measurement of each hole.  Does the software calculate the hole's yardage based on your shots?  For example, a hole is listed as a 170 yard par 3.  You hit your tee shot 165 yards just short of the front hole location and tap in a 3-footer for birdie.  Does the software adjust the displayed yardage as 166 yards based on the fact that your two shots traveled 166 yards?  If one cuts a dogleg, does the hole yardage reduce from the "normal" yardage if one played to the center of the fairway because your shots traveled less distance? 

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator
2 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I am not a GameGolf user but I have checked out some of the GameGolf user's scores and data. Interesting system.

One question I had was the measurement of each hole.  Does the software calculate the hole's yardage based on your shots?  For example, a hole is listed as a 170 yard par 3.  You hit your tee shot 165 yards just short of the front hole location and tap in a 3-footer for birdie.  Does the software adjust the displayed yardage as 166 yards based on the fact that your two shots traveled 166 yards?  If one cuts a dogleg, does the hole yardage reduce from the "normal" yardage if one played to the center of the fairway because your shots traveled less distance? 

I think it used to but it tries to be smarter about it now, too. For example…

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1130098?hole_id=26821851

I hit shots 254 yards, 35 yards, and 8 yards. The hole listing says "Par 4, 361 yards."

Google Earth measures it thusly:

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 1.15.20 PM 50%.png

So it actually seems reasonably accurate.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I think it used to but it tries to be smarter about it now, too. For example…

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1130098?hole_id=26821851

I hit shots 254 yards, 35 yards, and 8 yards. The hole listing says "Par 4, 361 yards."...

So it actually seems reasonably accurate.

The example is exactly the situation I was curious about.  Thanks.

Brian Kuehn

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/ChilliDipper/round/1134057

Okay, this is just embarrassing.

I typically move between the blue and white tees at my home course. My preferred yardage to play is around 6200-6400 yards; the blue tees (6522 yards) are slightly beyond that range, while the whites (5911 yards) is well below that. (According to GHIN, there is a rated set of blue/white mixed tees at my course, but no one seems to know which holes play off which tees.) I decided to stick to the blues today, which aren't particularly long, but have several severe carries (200+ yards to the fairway) off the tee.

I started out with four bogeys, which isn't much for a bogey golfer to complain about. Then, my drive at the fifth drifted into a water hazard. I thought I could salvage a decent score after hitting the third shot just right of the green, but then I skulled the chip through the putting surface. Another chip and two putts equals triple bogey.

Had I played the tees I usually play, I could have just bunted a 4-wood onto the sixth fairway and regrouped, but the blue tees require a 220-yard carry to reach the fairway, so I had to hit driver again; the first ball snap-hooked into the woods, and the second skied onto the side of a hill well short of the fairway. Chunked the first attempt to pitch onto the fairway; Luckily, I was able hit a lob wedge close to the hole with my sixth shot, salvaging a legitimate triple bogey.

The worse was yet to come. Seventh hole: snap-hooked driver, chip-out onto a severe upslope with no chance of reaching the plateau fairway, pitch onto the fairway, chili-dipped punch shot, bladed wedge flying 30 yards over the green, lob that doesn't reach the back of the green. Six terrible shots, and I'm not on the green; that's a pickup.

Hit a 5-iron very fat on the eighth tee, but I hit a decent wedge from 80 yards to salvage a two-putt bogey after three consecutive blow-up holes. The drive on the ninth managed to stay in the fairway, but I pushed a hybrid into the hillside protecting the left side of the double-dogleg, and took three ugly swings with the ball at my knees to reach the green after that. Double bogey.

Thank God a heavy shower started falling after I hit my tee shot on 10. I couldn't be happier to take a raincheck.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 1034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!