IGNORED

Adrian Peterson Indicted On Child Negligence

RJH999
Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.

I think AP is taking this discipline thing a little too seriously.

saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

We'll save the memories of you not being a scum bag while we are all about keeping needed memories too!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Adrian Peterson too??? Boy, Michael Sam is really ruining football.
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Not at all. He's not even playing football! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Theres potential for a great joke there. But I don't get it. Break it down Jamo. ;-) It took me a few minutes. LOL.

Riley

I read AP went old school and used a switch to whip the boy.  This isn't going to go well for AP.  Does this fall under the DV policy or will Goodell get a chance to create / mess up a new one?

Joe Paradiso

*Sigh* I know, I know.

This has been a tough day.

Briefly looking at his stats, he's a really good player.

I guess the testosterone that he needs to play well, are counter to a healthy social and parenting life.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Briefly looking at his stats, he's a really good player. I guess the testosterone that he needs to play well, are counter to a healthy social and parenting life.

Very good. Probably one of the top five or six greatest running backs ever. Had a chance to become the greatest, now obviously in doubt. *Wakes up to check and see if this was a nightmare.* *

Riley

This is his mug shot: [IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--SYiGqH9U--/ygrvpgiofje7wezbdqzg.jpg[/IMG] This is his NFL Profile pic: [IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/10452.png&w;=350&h;=254[/IMG] That's a confident man right therr.

Riley

Perhaps we should require a "How to Raise a Child Course" within a month of having a child.

It may be coming to that... lack of common sense, lack of knowledge/education, lack of empathy,

It appears Adrian never overcame or learned from his childhood experience, and is just passing it down to the next generation... sad for his son and Adrian.

Call the shrink...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Perhaps we should require a "How to Raise a Child Course" within a month of having a child. It may be coming to that... lack of common sense, lack of knowledge/education, lack of empathy, It appears Adrian never overcame or learned from his childhood experience, and is just passing it down to the next generation... sad for his son and Adrian. Call the shrink...

Yeah. Adrian's comments basically say he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. He must have been beaten as a child or raised in a strict family, because that is excessive.

Riley

Yeah. Adrian's comments basically say he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. He must have been beaten as a child or raised in a strict family, because that is excessive.

Yeah, seems reasonable.  Not saying it's at all right ...but I can certainly see that an adult who lives a happy and successful life would think that perhaps at least some of that was due to how he was raised.  And if he was beaten as a child and thinks that contributed positively to who he is today, then its not really a far cry from that to him thinking that the best way to raise his child is to do the same thing his dad did.

Seems like that reasoning would at least explain why he thinks he didn't do anything wrong.

• Upvote 1

Ok from someone here who has been spanked as a child, I hate to say but it's a cultural thing. I've been "spanked with belts, wooden spoons, extension cords, and of course switches. There were times I was even made to go outside to the tree and pick out my own switch. I knew damn well not to come back with some wimpy thing because my mother would've gone outside and came back with the tree to beat me with. I really believe AP is only doing what has been done to him..........the whole spare the rod spoil the child thing. It's a cycle that I am trying to break with my own children. How can I tell them not to hit if I hit or spank them? My oldest son is 3 so he's able to understand the whole timeout thing and we take the iPad and other stuff away and that REALLY pisses him off lol. To call what AP did child abuse is taking it way too far. AP is in jail for spanking his child but the cop who KILLED Mike Brown is a free man? Somethings wrong with that. EDIT - I just read the kid is only 4 years old. If that's the case then yeah he wet too far. Not sure he needs to be in jail but a 4 year old is too small to be hitting with switches.
  • Upvote 1

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

To call what AP did child abuse is taking it way too far. AP is in jail for spanking his child but the cop who KILLED Mike Brown is a free man? Somethings wrong with that.

EDIT - I just read the kid is only 4 years old. If that's the case then yeah he wet too far. Not sure he needs to be in jail but a 4 year old is too small to be hitting with switches.

I think we can separate between the two things and treat them differently and base our opinions independently of the two situations..  The kid will live to see another day, but the dead man will not so obviously the death of Mike Brown is a totally different and more severe issue that needs to be dealt with and discussed!

Back on topic though.

What is the proper punishment for AP?  Well, in terms of the law then probably just a slap on the wrist and don't do it again in my opinion.  What I am more interested in is what the NFL does, because I find this very comparable to the Ray Rice punch in the face, in fact I think this is much worst as Ray Rice's fiance or wife could have potentially blocked that punch and or avoid it (not probable, but there is potential).. As far as the kid there is nothing he can do (he is only 4 damn it), just take the beat down and get lacerated and hit in multiple places even in the "nuts" according to the text from AP..

I honestly will accept nothing less than the same exact punishment as RR, other wise this league and their punishment system for actions unbecoming of a player are a joke!

Eyad

I think we can separate between the two things and treat them differently and base our opinions independently of the two situations..  The kid will live to see another day, but the dead man will not so obviously the death of Mike Brown is a totally different and more severe issue that needs to be dealt with and discussed! Back on topic though. What is the proper punishment for AP?  Well, in terms of the law then probably just a slap on the wrist and don't do it again in my opinion.  What I am more interested in is what the NFL does, because I find this very comparable to the Ray Rice punch in the face, in fact I think this is much worst as Ray Rice's fiance or wife could have potentially blocked that punch and or avoid it (not probable, but there is potential).. As far as the kid there is nothing he can do (he is only 4 damn it), just take the beat down and get lacerated and hit in multiple places even in the "nuts" according to the text from AP..   I honestly will accept nothing less than the same exact punishment as RR, other wise this league and their punishment system for actions unbecoming of a player are a joke!

Uhm no.

• Upvote 2

Riley

To call what AP did child abuse is taking it way too far. AP is in jail for spanking his child but the cop who KILLED Mike Brown is a free man? Somethings wrong with that.

Brown was a 200+ pound man who robbed a place and then charged after a cop. AP beat the shit out of a 4 year old...wow. How can you even think about a comparison?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Uhm no.

In my opinion, a grown woman has a b etter chance of putting her hands up and blocking the punch than a 4 year old protecting himself from a switch or what ever that is .. if you are contesting that then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!