IGNORED

2014 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've know one player that was tied with Phil after 3 rounds at an event. He said that Phil hit the ball horrible on the range on Sunday and then went out and shot 67.

I get what you're saying but when it comes to a player like Phil, who knows what you're going to get, he's a HOF player so you expect him to play well and earn points.

Oh yeah he's without a doubt streaky and an argument could be made he's more than just a HOF golfer but for all practical purposes the second best player of the modern era. He just seems off this year. When he bailed on the BMW I started wonder how he'd get it together in time for the RC. I did see a stat they showed for Phil during the broadcast. Can't remember exactly what it was but his points earned have declined in recent years. Losing record since 2006 or something.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did see a stat they showed for Phil during the broadcast. Can't remember exactly what it was but his points earned have declined in recent years. Losing record since 2006 or something.

That's true for just about all of the US players who played in 3 or more cups from 2006-2012

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Never liked Watson. He's a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, arrogant, adulterous prick. Whatever. I don't root for America anyways.

That's what was saying earlier. If it wasn't for the British Open performance I doubt we would have listen to him as much...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

That's what was saying earlier. If it wasn't for the British Open performance I doubt we would have listen to him as much...

You're probably right. Dude is shameless.

Colin P.

Johnny Miller, explaining how to hit a shot off a concrete cart path....

......"you have to try to slide the club face right under the ball."

Really Johnny? REALLY?!.

FYI- I just saw that on re-run... it was actually Peter Jacobsen. So Miller is off the hook on this one.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Where are you guys getting this dirt on Tom Watson?  It's against the rules of this site to 'make things up'.  I look at Wikipedia, a source, and find nothing about TWatson's adulterous behaviour. Your other comments are opinions; but shameless too?

So you're anti-tomwatson.  Why so harsh?

Tom Watson on resting Keegan Bradley & Phil Mickelson Saturday morning

“They are tired. Give them a break in the morning, get their legs back, and there's a good chance they'll go in the afternoon in some way, shape or form. They may not go together, but they will go in the afternoon.”

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Where are you guys getting this dirt on Tom Watson?  It's against the rules of this site to 'make things up'.  I look at Wikipedia, a source, and find nothing about TWatson's adulterous behaviour. Your other comments are opinions; but shameless too?

So you're anti-tomwatson.  Why so harsh?

You didn't know? TST is the Real Housewives of the PGA now. Everyone's thoughts about a golfer's personal life are way too important not to post.

I'm on the west coast and dying....anyone help with a stream?   JFC......goldchannel isn't streaming

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Epic, epic fail for NBC/GolfChannel with the west coast viewers.......i am just shocked that this is even happening........

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Those two wounded veterans illustrate, IMO, exactly what has been wrong with the approach of the US captains over the years.  They treat it far too importantly.  Bring in some guys with awful war wounds to tell them about playing for their country (as if there is any relevance to bringing in wounded soldiers to a sporting event).  Bring in former US Presidents and Michael Jordan for pep talks.  Meanwhile, the Euros are drinking pints and shooting pool.

I've no idea why they haven't named Freddie Couples to head the team, who has plenty of success as President's Cup Captain, and takes a laid back approach.  The US team hasn't failed because they care too little, it's because they apparently have gotten locked sphincters over how important it's been portrayed to them to succeed.

And I can't imagine a worse person to change this approach than Tom Watson, who due to his personal success, can sit on his laurels and use his glorious and unquestioned golf wisdom to make nonsense speak at every press conference as American (and in his case, British) golf scribes gobble it up like some kind of ****ing Old Tom Morris Gospel.

**** Tom Watson.

"Witty golf quote."

Those two wounded veterans illustrate, IMO, exactly what has been wrong with the approach of the US captains over the years.  They treat it far too importantly.  Bring in some guys with awful war wounds to tell them about playing for their country (as if there is any relevance to bringing in wounded soldiers to a sporting event).  Bring in former US Presidents and Michael Jordan for pep talks.  Meanwhile, the Euros are drinking pints and shooting pool.

I've no idea why they haven't named Freddie Couples to head the team, who has plenty of success as President's Cup Captain, and takes a laid back approach.  The US team hasn't failed because they care too little, it's because they apparently have gotten locked sphincters over how important it's been portrayed to them to succeed.

And I can't imagine a worse person to change this approach than Tom Watson, who due to his personal success, can sit on his laurels and use his glorious and unquestioned golf wisdom to make nonsense speak at every press conference as American (and in his case, British) golf scribes gobble it up like some kind of ****ing Old Tom Morris Gospel.

**** Tom Watson.

Solid and interesting take....but the fact is that the ryder is different than the presidents....think about azinger .....he made his golf career by winning the ryder over faldo......a book, the pod system....he is a regaled as a genius and he didn't hit one shot that week.....just different....couples a ryder captain?  i would love to see it, and I really do agree that there is too much patriotism played......of course, AZ let them do their thing.......it takes a guy like boo to tell a story about getting knocked thefukk out by a chimp...ya know???

Solid and interesting take....but the fact is that the ryder is different than the presidents....think about azinger .....he made his golf career by winning the ryder over faldo......a book, the pod system....he is a regaled as a genius and he didn't hit one shot that week.....just different....couples a ryder captain?  i would love to see it, and I really do agree that there is too much patriotism played......of course, AZ let them do their thing.......it takes a guy like boo to tell a story about getting knocked thefukk out by a chimp...ya know???

It's different, of course, but why continue to give Freddie Couples President's Cup captaincies and drag Tom Watson out of the ICU?  It doesn't make sense to me.  I'd rather see them give it to somebody like Rocco Mediate than Tom Watson, despite credentials.

"Witty golf quote."

Rocco??

Fukk.....that is some great outside box thinking.....would be a great cap.....and the thing is he would love to have tiger and tiger would play for him

Note: This thread is 3498 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!