IGNORED

BIg Break Myrtle Beach (Fall 2014 Golf Channel)

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Anthony's ego, and overall attitude is gonna cost him. As for Jimmy, he may catch fire, who knows..? Charlie I think has the game to be in the final, I also think Emily will make to the final. It's hard to judge people by watching them on tv, and trying to predict how they will, or will not play, is hard for the most part. I was sorry to see Christian lose, he seemed like a good guy.

So, like I said before, Emily and Charlie in the final, imho, it's a toss up as to who wins.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Anthony's ego, and overall attitude is gonna cost him. As for Jimmy, he may catch fire, who knows..? Charlie I think has the game to be in the final, I also think Emily will make to the final. It's hard to judge people by watching them on tv, and trying to predict how they will, or will not play, is hard for the most part. I was sorry to see Christian lose, he seemed like a good guy. So, like I said before, Emily and Charlie in the final, imho, it's a toss up as to who wins.

What makes you think Jimmy might catch fire? I've seen zero indicators of this thus far on the show.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

What makes you think Jimmy might catch fire? I've seen zero indicators of this thus far on the show.

Didn't state the above as Fact. I said he MAY, who knows..?  And, some people are late bloomers. He may have felt not so comfy so far.

Don't read more into what's in print here, these are the interwebs after all... ;-)

Didn't state the above as Fact. I said he MAY, who knows..?  And, some people are late bloomers. He may have felt not so comfy so far. Don't read more into what's in print here, these are the interwebs after all...;-)

You said, "may," I asked why you thought he, "might." I'm just curious is all. For example, I forget who above said that Charlie seemed like a country club type and because I could see it based on what I've seen of him on the show, I didn't ask for an elaboration. I just really don't see Jimmy being anything more than a 20:1 shot of being in the final. The only person I see having a worse shot is Toph because he had difficulty pumping his 3W 300 yards or whatever it was.

Christian

You said, "may," I asked why you thought he, "might." I'm just curious is all. For example, I forget who above said that Charlie seemed like a country club type and because I could see it based on what I've seen of him on the show, I didn't ask for an elaboration. I just really don't see Jimmy being anything more than a 20:1 shot of being in the final. The only person I see having a worse shot is Toph because he had difficulty pumping his 3W 300 yards or whatever it was.

Toph couldn't hit his 3W 230. Emily with her 3W blew by him easily.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

[quote name="Hammer 4" url="/t/77518/big-break-myrtle-beach-fall-2014-golf-channel/0_100#post_1080404"] Didn't state the above as Fact. I said he MAY, who knows..?  And, some people are late bloomers. He may have felt not so comfy so far. Don't read more into what's in print here, these are the interwebs after all...;-)

You said, "may," I asked why you thought he, "might." I'm just curious is all. For example, I forget who above said that Charlie seemed like a country club type and because I could see it based on what I've seen of him on the show, I didn't ask for an elaboration. I just really don't see Jimmy being anything more than a 20:1 shot of being in the final. The only person I see having a worse shot is Toph because he had difficulty pumping his 3W 300 yards or whatever it was.[/quote] I've written some pro-Jimmy stuff. Do I have any real reason for thinking he can do it? Not really. But here was my thought: Charlie seems in control as much as Sadena did last season (although Jackie in reality was as solid- many of us didn't realize until things clarified at the end) . Sadena didn't even sniff the finale. Stuff happens, and Jackie cruised easily. Charlie could have a bad episode and we would be looking at who is the best of the rest. Toph is older and has very little record in tournaments (he's mostly been in business the last couple years and this is his last gasp attempt to kindle up some game). Anthony is young and is a wildcard. He'd be fun to watch definitely. The only other guy is Jimmy (if Charlie goes down). He's a mini-tour player. He has some played web.com events. He has played US Open qualifiers, but not well enough to qualify. He's journeying around scrambling to monday-qualify. Of the three (Toph, Anthony, Jimmy), I'd bet on the guy who has been actively playing for years at a high level relative to them. Then there's Emily, of course. She's just out of college I think. Just turned pro. She is solid, no doubt. But I'm pissed she took down Tessa so I'll root against her. But seriously, I have no clue. I like Emily. They all seem like decent people. Just a fun diversion to watch it all play out. If forced to guess right now I'd say: 1Charlie, 2Emily, 3Jimmy (but I'd cheer for Anthony because he's more interesting to watch).

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

You said, "may," I asked why you thought he, "might."

I'm just curious is all.

For example, I forget who above said that Charlie seemed like a country club type and because I could see it based on what I've seen of him on the show, I didn't ask for an elaboration.

I just really don't see Jimmy being anything more than a 20:1 shot of being in the final. The only person I see having a worse shot is Toph because he had difficulty pumping his 3W 300 yards or whatever it was.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question..I really don't have a reason that Jimmy could catch fire, just thinking it may be an outside chance that he does well. he has from what the GC said, won some tourney's in the past.

Toph couldn't hit his 3W 230. Emily with her 3W blew by him easily.

Right, I meant 230, not 300, LOL. [quote name="RandallT" url="/t/77518/big-break-myrtle-beach-fall-2014-golf-channel/0_100#post_1080447"] I've written some pro-Jimmy stuff. Do I have any real reason for thinking he can do it? Not really. But here was my thought: Charlie seems in control as much as Sadena did last season (although Jackie in reality was as solid- many of us didn't realize until things clarified at the end) . Sadena didn't even sniff the finale. Stuff happens, and Jackie cruised easily. Charlie could have a bad episode and we would be looking at who is the best of the rest. Toph is older and has very little record in tournaments (he's mostly been in business the last couple years and this is his last gasp attempt to kindle up some game). Anthony is young and is a wildcard. He'd be fun to watch definitely. The only other guy is Jimmy (if Charlie goes down). He's a mini-tour player. He has some played web.com events. He has played US Open qualifiers, but not well enough to qualify. He's journeying around scrambling to monday-qualify. Of the three (Toph, Anthony, Jimmy), I'd bet on the guy who has been actively playing for years at a high level relative to them. Then there's Emily, of course. She's just out of college I think. Just turned pro. She is solid, no doubt. But I'm pissed she took down Tessa so I'll root against her. But seriously, I have no clue. I like Emily. They all seem like decent people. Just a fun diversion to watch it all play out. If forced to guess right now I'd say: 1Charlie, 2Emily, 3Jimmy (but I'd cheer for Anthony because he's more interesting to watch).[/quote] [quote name="Hammer 4" url="/t/77518/big-break-myrtle-beach-fall-2014-golf-channel/0_100#post_1080450"] Sorry, forgot to answer your question..I really don't have a reason that Jimmy could catch fire, just thinking it may be an outside chance that he does well. he has from what the GC said, won some tourney's in the past. [/quote] Thanks for your insight. I feel like I read our heard somewhere that Anthony has also been pretty successful. Between that and overall doing well on the elimination challenges, I think it's really between him, Emily, and Charlie.

Christian

Right, I meant 230, not 300, LOL.

Thanks for your insight.

I feel like I read our heard somewhere that Anthony has also been pretty successful. Between that and overall doing well on the elimination challenges, I think it's really between him, Emily, and Charlie.

I would have added Anthony in there, except for 1 thing. If you notice, and I'm not sure if it's the editing or not, but some shots he gets up there and it seems like he's in a big rush to show what he can do, and sometimes, that doesn't work out well for him, hence why I said I think his ego will be his downfall.

I would have added Anthony in there, except for 1 thing. If you notice, and I'm not sure if it's the editing or not, but some shots he gets up there and it seems like he's in a big rush to show what he can do, and sometimes, that doesn't work out well for him, hence why I said I think his ego will be his downfall.

Yah, I've noticed that, too, but you bring up a good point that it could be editing. Come to think of it, I would probably lean towards it being edited. It seems like they manipulate and edit a ton on the show.

Christian

Well, there you go.

Thought it was a good idea for Jimmy to pick Charlie.  Charlie was having trouble chipping.  Putting was pretty good though.  And the added pressure of the $10K would be real.  If anyone was going to knock Charlie off, the best chance was this episode.

Jimmy is underrated, or at least his game is starting to show up.  Just in time.

The editors are really overdoing the Anthony is a creep angle.  It's less entertaining and has become just annoying.  (but what a cool sand shot)

Bill - 

Charlie didn't hit a single chip well.  I think his outstanding putting gave him a false sense of security that he could win in the elimination challenge or he thought Jimmy would be afraid to select him.  Jimmy was smart to take him out while he could.

Anthony seems to be getting even more arrogant if that's possible.  Editors can't create video of him saying things if he didn't say them so I wonder if he is really this obnoxious or if the producers are encouraging him to play it up.

With Charlie out, I don't know who will play Emily in the finale, maybe Anthony.

Joe Paradiso

I think Charlie just had an off day. He normally plays pretty solid but in that case he wasn't. I just don't think he was worried about jimmy beating him. It is really similar to when the Sadena got beat. Its just golf that's all.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Charlie didn't hit a single chip well.  I think his outstanding putting gave him a false sense of security that he could win in the elimination challenge or he thought Jimmy would be afraid to select him.  Jimmy was smart to take him out while he could.

Anthony seems to be getting even more arrogant if that's possible.  Editors can't create video of him saying things if he didn't say them so I wonder if he is really this obnoxious or if the producers are encouraging him to play it up.

With Charlie out, I don't know who will play Emily in the finale, maybe Anthony.

Anthony is saying a lot more arrogant things in the confessionals, but on the course and with everybody around, he's been consistent to his word that he was going to tone it down and "lay low" after the 3rd or 4th episode.

Sad to see Charlie go.  He was the easiest to root for and had the best mindset of all of them.  Hope he does well.

I think Charlie just had an off day. He normally plays pretty solid but in that case he wasn't. I just don't think he was worried about jimmy beating him. It is really similar to when the Sadena got beat. Its just golf that's all.

That's the format for you. I'd say that guy pummels em over 18 holes.

That's the format for you. I'd say that guy pummels em over 18 holes.

Yup, I have a problem with playoffs only being two holes.  Three wasn't too bad - would rather see 4 or 6..

at least they are playing stroke play even if it's not enough holes to keep it interesting.

Bill - 

Yup, I have a problem with playoffs only being two holes.  Three wasn't too bad - would rather see 4 or 6.. at least they are playing stroke play even if it's not enough holes to keep it interesting.

I never liked the 2 hole format. Doesn't do the situation justice.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Welp, there goes one of my picks for the final....I'm sure Charlie will do well, he is a pretty savy guy for only being 23 yrs. old.

As for Anthony, the dude is really getting to be to much, i.e. trash talking and saying how much better he is than the others. IMHO, he needs to keep his trap shut about such things.

Note: This thread is 3339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!