IGNORED

Will Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

MS256
Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will spreading of Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

• No.
    • Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

. The CDC is still the go-to org in containing this and anybody who thinks otherwise is irrational.

Apparently the CDC is not the "go-to org.....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/17/obama-ebola-czar-ron-klain/17429121/

But I agree, naming a pure political hack as the "Ebola Czar" is definitely irrational!

Good grief.....

I believe that was done to appease the other side of the aisle, who have been begging for it, unfortunately.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe that was done to appease the other side of the aisle, who have been begging for it, unfortunately.

The "other side of the aisle" has been begging for a completely unqualified political hack....someone with no medical knowledge or relevant experience? Gotta give it to you though boogie.....it's a VERY strong move on your part to try to push this one off on the right! :beer:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Are you kidding? Obama doesn't do anything to "appease the other side of the aisle".

He knew the CDC director was making a mess of spinning a believable message to the public, even if given the benefit of the doubt about his handling of the situation on the ground. Hell even the New York Times had an article about how mad Obama was in private meetings about it.

Instead of asking him to step down (which would make them all look bad) he anointed a public mouthpiece as "czar" who's entire career has been spinning.

Are you kidding? Obama doesn't do anything to "appease the other side of the aisle". He knew the CDC director was making a mess of spinning a believable message to the public, even if given the benefit of the doubt about his handling of the situation on the ground. Hell even the New York Times had an article about how mad Obama was in private meetings about it. Instead of asking him to step down (which would make them all look bad) he anointed a public mouthpiece as "czar" who's entire career has been spinning.

You said it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Sorry that was from surgeongeneral.gov.

Yeah too bad we don't have an official Surgeon General.  Obama has only nominated one person, Dr. Vivek Murthy, who held the strong belief that guns were a health care issue.  Republicans and some democrats were critical of the nomination so they didn't even bother voting on it.  Obama's feelings were hurt so he has yet to nominate another candidate as Surgeon General, instead he hired a lawyer to be the Ebola Czar.   Rear Admiral Boris Lushniak is the acting Surgeon General but he's seemed reluctant to step up and do the job in the heat of the Ebola crisis so maybe once golf season is over we'll get a real Surgeon General.

Joe Paradiso

Given how small the world is these days with international air travel and our understanding of the disease (or lack thereof) I voted it will be a problem.  I suspect it will be like the early days of HIV (with a shorter incubation which is helpful in detecting who is infected) and we have a lot to learn before we get it under control.

Butch

Given how small the world is these days with international air travel and our understanding of the disease (or lack thereof) I voted it will be a problem.  I suspect it will be like the early days of HIV (with a shorter incubation which is helpful in detecting who is infected) and we have a lot to learn before we get it under control.

Jeez, a succinct, cogent point, exactly on topic with no controversy. You sir, have earned the succinct, cogent, on-topic award for the day.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Only in that the unknown makes people jump to irrational conclusions. Unlike ebola HIV is pretty tough to contract. Even in the early days the occupational exposures were pretty rare. Because it was "new" the media ran with it. When you look at HIV stats it's obvious you have to take extraordinary risks to be infected. A condom and clean needle won't be enough to protect against ebola.

Dave :-)

Damn, I thought we were against this thread turning political :whistle:

You've really been doing your part.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Jeez, a succinct, cogent point, exactly on topic with no controversy. You sir, have earned the succinct, cogent, on-topic award for the day.

You should give him a thumbs-up then! :)

It's pretty humbling to find how little we know, and it usually takes a scare like this one to bring that out into the light.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

You've really been doing your part.

Everyone else has too. Another jab from a moderator ? I'm on a roll. Please note, the moderator brought up politics after he chastised me for doing so.

As I said, OK for some not for others, typical

And could you tell me just how many times I brought up politics in this thread ??????

I just used the dreaded "L" word, and got some panties in a wad

:-D

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

The "other side of the aisle" has been begging for a completely unqualified political hack....someone with no medical knowledge or relevant experience?

Gotta give it to you though boogie.....it's a VERY strong move on your part to try to push this one off on the right!

David, neither side is working well with the other party at this moment or for the last 8 - 10 years for that matter.  I do not think a "czar" is required at all.  It is a purely unnecessary political move called on by both parties who again are not working with each other.  This is a disease that is being overblown by the media and the left and the right.  As compared to other virulent diseases or ones spread by insects, ebola has claimed a lot less lives.  But, it is relatively new with little understanding.  So fear has taken hold.

BTW, I am neither a Democrat or a Republican or a Libertarian or affiliated with any political party.  So please do not label me a "liberal" because I do not necessarily agree with conservatives on every issue.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Everyone else has too. Another jab from a moderator ? I'm on a roll. Please note, the moderator brought up politics after he chastised me for doing so.

As I said, OK for some not for others, typical

And could you tell me just how many times I brought up politics in this thread ??????

I just used the dreaded "L" word, and got some panties in a wad

I'd be careful using the world typical joe. You have pretty much painted yourself into a corner with your behavior from the day you got here.

David, neither side is working well with the other party at this moment or for the last 8 - 10 years for that matter.  I do not think a "czar" is required at all.  It is a purely unnecessary political move called on by both parties who again are not working with each other.  This is a disease that is being overblown by the media and the left and the right.  As compared to other virulent diseases or ones spread by insects, ebola has claimed a lot less lives.  But, it is relatively new with little understanding.  So fear has taken hold.

The difference with Ebola compared to the other virulent diseases you mentioned is that currently 70% of people that get Ebola die.  I don't know about you, but I don't like those odds.

Joe Paradiso

I'd be careful using the world typical joe. You have pretty much painted yourself into a corner with your behavior from the day you got here.

Can you please explain exactly what behavior you are talking about ? Because I disagreed with you ? You need to get a life and let disagreements in OLD threads go.

Just because you say it doesn't make it so :naughty:

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

The difference with Ebola compared to the other virulent diseases you mentioned is that currently 70% of people that get Ebola die.  I don't know about you, but I don't like those odds.

That is 3rd world country stats. 70% of the cases treated outside of Africa haven't resulted in death. Even the Duncan death likely could have been prevented if not mishandled.

Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!