IGNORED

My Swing (golfrocks)

golfrocks
Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

:blink:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Could u guys please explain why I get stuck on the downswing

Yep, we can.

Dude, seriously, I'm going to put you in the Penalty Box for a few days if you can't READ THE POSTS above and act on them.

This is the season of giving, and you're just trying to TAKE, and you're not even taking what's being offered to you. This is beyond frustrating, and you've worn out virtually all of the goodwill you may have had.

You have 57 posts. The last 18 or 19 of which have been in this thread. The posts you made in the other threads were only after people told you to post outside of this thread so you were contributing to the discussions on the site. Yet… even when you did, you posted basic simple questions that didn't really further the conversation (half of which seemed to be about your swing again).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ok should not like post one every day maybe 1 or 2 times a week? and man I'm sorry

Let's start fresh. Why don't you post a quick 2-3 minute video of you actually doing the drills prescribed to you? Let us see if you are actually doing the drill correctly, and then we can move on from there. Also, remember that change takes a long time depending on how well you practice.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

And if you have something like Windows Movie Maker or something like that on your PC, you can make it slow motion, too.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator

Question:

mike on the last video i posted did i turn my hips enough on the backswing? because it looks like my hips have turn enough but my arms just went to far

Answer:

I suggest you film yourself doing the drill.

Dude… c'mon, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I still didn't get a answer on y I get stuck on the downswing I'm trying to figure that out? I'm hitting over draws and I can't hit a fade

You get stuck because your arms get behind you on the backswing and it effects the sequencing with the arms/pivot. You put yourself in a position you can't "recover" from.

The drill swing looks pretty good from what I can tell, had to tilt my head to try and see it. I would suggest making A LOT of swings and hitting A LOT of balls doing the drill . Also you don't have to have a towel under your arm, can just be something simple like a tee or glove.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You get stuck because your arms get behind you on the backswing and it effects the sequencing with the arms/pivot. You put yourself in a position you can't "recover" from.

The drill swing looks pretty good from what I can tell, had to tilt my head to try and see it. I would suggest making A LOT of swings and hitting A LOT of balls doing the drill. Also you don't have to have a towel under your arm, can just be something simple like a tee or glove.

Seriously, @golfrocks , it's not that hard to figure out how to rotate a video once you've uploaded it to youtube.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

@mvmac  what should the feeling be?? should i feel that my right arm is straight in the backswing??

That's a good feel and it's the one I use but it won't work for every player. That's the thing about "feels", you need to experiment with a mirror or camera to see what works for you. Nobody here can do that for you so...break out the camera and/or a mirror and get to work.

I wouldn't expect you to report back for at least a week. During that week you should have spent some time identifying the "feels" that create the right positions and practiced for the whole week with those feels.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That's a good feel and it's the one I use but it won't work for every player. That's the thing about "feels", you need to experiment with a mirror or camera to see what works for you. Nobody here can do that for you so...break out the camera and/or a mirror and get to work.  I wouldn't expect you to report back for at least a week. During that week you should have spent some time identifying the "feels" that create the right positions and practiced for the whole week with those feels. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

yup. Mirror (or window works too when it's dark behind it) is good for this. Get yourself posed in the position you need to be in, then slowly go back and forth between setup and that position (or if it's s downswing position, then go from A4, perhaps) and at some point you might develop the feel that works for you. They're different for everybody. Good luck.

@mvmac  what should the feeling be?? should i feel that my right arm is straight in the backswing??

@Ernest Jones and @Golfingdad gave you some good advice.

I'll just ask this question: What do you feel when you do the drill?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!