IGNORED

Parsons Xtreme Golf, GoDaddy Founder Starts New Golf Company

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I tested the PXG irons, they are really nice but I decided the Callaway CF16 were a more cost effective solution for me and I put the savings towards a SkyTrak so I can better work on my swing at home.   If money isn't a concern I'd definitely suggest you give them a try.  

Agree. Distance is close between the two when correctly fit. The CF16 was my other option. A couple or three things. I did not want to be tempted by Apex 2017. Two sets of custom fit Apex from my clubmaker will cost more than the PXG. I think Parsons cycle may be more than 2 years on irons.

PXG needs to work on the driver, fairways, and more wedge options. But more importantly, I think PXG 0311 will fit me as I grow ever more mature ... lol. I am more comfy with the longer heel to toe of the PXG 0311. I also like the finish of the PXG over the Callaway. Both are great irons. I've hit both. I'm just more comfy in the long run with performance and value in the PXG as long as I don't buy another set for 5-6 years. lol. And it's amusing, but PXG is the only set on which I'd consider iron covers, just to hide them from others, or a big towel!

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Since 2011, 2 irons sets. Will give one to nephews.

I peeked on ancestry.com yesterday and it appears that you and I might be long lost cousins.  Do with that what you will.

:whistle::-P:beer:

• Upvote 2

I think the clubs look great, and the pros using them are having some pretty good success.  I just can't justify the money for them.  But for those that can, I would say go for it.

On 1/9/2015 at 8:23 AM, RussUK said:

I agree with Golfingdad, the name just isn't right. Kind of sounds like they should be non conforming mega distance clubs, bit like the Dunlop Rebel we have here in the UK. The irons don't even look that nice to be honest.

I don't know. I thought the same thing the first time I heard the name Ping. I thought, "Ping! What kind of name is that for a golf club company! And they're ugly to boot!"

5 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I don't know. I thought the same thing the first time I heard the name Ping. I thought, "Ping! What kind of name is that for a golf club company! And they're ugly to boot!"

Hey! That's the sound an old school milled-face Anser putter makes on contact!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

20 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Hey! That's the sound an old school milled-face Anser putter makes on contact!

Yeah! And, at first, I thought that was goofy too. Suddenly there are all these guys with putters that ring like bells! And wasn't it Callaway, a couple years ago, brought out a driver that sounded like an aluminum softball bat? Didn't like that one at all.

I've read the interview with Parsons and was impressed. I receive the email news letter. I think it is great that some fresh minds are roughing up the current powers that be. Same reason I like Bryson.  I have emailled  them for a free trail/fitting. I kept in mind that they would probably tell me that they are not represented in Europe, let Alone Holland. Never heard a thing. Zippy. Mailed them twice. I was just curious what they would answer. Anyway, I find the irons pretty ugly. But I would really like to know if they outperform the current brands to justify the price. But I am a huge fan of Japan brands. I doubt if Pxg would match the quality.

On June 2, 2016 at 1:13 AM, taxgolf said:

I've read the interview with Parsons and was impressed. I receive the email news letter. I think it is great that some fresh minds are roughing up the current powers that be. Same reason I like Bryson.  I have emailled  them for a free trail/fitting. I kept in mind that they would probably tell me that they are not represented in Europe, let Alone Holland. Never heard a thing. Zippy. Mailed them twice. I was just curious what they would answer. Anyway, I find the irons pretty ugly. But I would really like to know if they outperform the current brands to justify the price. But I am a huge fan of Japan brands. I doubt if Pxg would match the quality.

PXG is a new company, from what I understand, not too many employees, and are having more success than my clubmaker, who carries them, anticipated. I don't doubt that emails are not answered  - not an excuse, but people tend to prioritize, and it's a small staff. Looking at their website, they do have dealers in Europe - retailers, but not master fitters - not certain what that means as to their offerings or special orders.

In hand, they are not ugly but fairly handsome - great satin finish, blade like look. At address, I said "Ping" and their influence shows. The 0311T is very low hc player-like. The 0311 is for the rest of us. You can't see the screws at address.

As to quality, not as good as the Japanese build to weight spec -- my clubmaker had screws made by a third party so the clubs he builds are tight to spec. He can't believe the response he is getting, and a lot of it is older guys like me who want the fountain of youth in distance. But heck, I'm only comfy hitting 7i-Gap in the 0311. For the money, I am waiting to see if I can consistently hit a 6i before I order one. Don't want money sitting on the sideline. The 28 hybrid is handsome and responsive in a lighter shaft. Hoping it serves as the 6i. If I play them 5-7 years and don't buy other irons, they're worth the $$$ to me. We're all different, and that's a good thing.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

By accident I got in touch with a fitter. Madman. Het got his set and told me Pxg only talkshow to fitters. His irons were made for him. But he let me hit a few balls. I was impressed and certainly have no doubt the outperform the current US brands. When you have them in hand, those irons are more beautifull than in an advertisement. It is basically one huge sweetspot. I like the fact all clubheads weigh the same. But still wouldn't buy them unless they fit me and outperform. Very happy I was able to hit with them.

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, sinned123 said:

Any feedback on these new clubs ? for 300-500.00 per club they're the priciest set out there. Hype or are these the real deal?

There is a thread on them. A few of our members have tried them and I know of at least one who owns a set.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!