IGNORED

Parsons Xtreme Golf, GoDaddy Founder Starts New Golf Company

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It has been rumored for a few years now but today GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons introduced his golf company, Parsons Xtreme Golf. In August 2013, Parson hired two veteran club designers from PING — Mike Nicolette, a former PGA Tour player, and Brad Schweigert, PING’s former director of engineering.

Here are a couple pics of their forged iron. Can see some influence to the design/look from the PING S series.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Adjustable weight irons. About time.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Not sure those are adjustable. They just look cosmetic.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Never give me something I can disassemble.
  • Upvote 1

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Not sure those are adjustable. They just look cosmetic.

I guess they're supposed to make it look "Xtreme."

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

They make me realize the Frankenstein monster was ahead of his time. Can I buy a special golf brush to clean the mud out of the holes?

Tom R.

More info

Quote:

Bob Parsons is not a name known in golf equipment circles, but it’s about to be. The founder of web domain registrar GoDaddy and owner of Scottsdale National Golf Club, Parsons, an avid golfer, started his own golf venture, Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG), last year and has already produced an inaugural set of prototype irons.

PXG was mum on details of the club (which has the markings PXG 03x on the back, uses “high performance alloys” and is said to be created in conjunction with a metals expert), but this is not an iron produced in the basement of one’s house or in a garage. Parsons hired away two of Ping’s respected club designers, Brad Schweigert (who served as the company’s director of engineering) and former PGA Tour winner Mike Nicolette, to head the company’s R&D;  and design efforts. Schweigert’s name appears on over 150 golf-related patents. Nicolette’s name appears on 130.
“Every engineer dreams of working for a company that is committed to developing products without being tied to an arbitrary price point,” said Schweigert, who serves as the company’s managing director. “At PXG our mission is clear - develop the absolute best golf equipment ever played, no corners cut, and the rest of the details will fall into place.”
As for when the clubs might be available, the company offered no timeline. Stay tuned.

Mike McLoughlin

I guess they're supposed to make it look "Xtreme."

They look Xtremely ugly. Look like they were put together by a high school science class. But, if they perform, the ugly duckling will turn into a swan.

• Upvote 1

I like the looks but probably won't be able to even think of affording these... They were designed with no arbitrary price point in mind means pricey to me. I wonder if they'll be like other niche club makers that won't offer left handed clubs at first. I'm looking forward to seeing how these irons fare in testing.

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

I wonder if there's anything different about adjusting weight in an iron head versus a driver/3W head. An iron head is way heavier. If you take weight off the toe, does that promote more of a draw? Add weight to the bottom, higher trajectory?

On a lighter note, I just hope the commercials are not GoDaddy level tacky. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I wonder if there's anything different about adjusting weight in an iron head versus a driver/3W head. An iron head is way heavier. If you take weight off the toe, does that promote more of a draw? Add weight to the bottom, higher trajectory?

On a lighter note, I just hope the commercials are not GoDaddy level tacky.

Well majority of irons are weighted towards the heel anyways. This is why Ping now has that little notch in the heel of the club. Also the irons above look like they have a tone of extra material in the toe end of the club anyways. I would think with one of the guys being from PING that the center of mass would be pretty much centered on the clubace.

As for adjusting the weight. If there is more weight overall, then moving a little would cause a smaller effect. Also the gear effect is smaller in an iron, but still there. If you take weight off the toe, you move the COG towards the heel, so you would promote a fade in that regard when it comes to gear effect since the CG moves towards the heel. In terms of rate of closer, that depends on the golfer. I am sure the initial strikes might be more closed, but over time I think the timing will go more towards what the golfer is trying to do.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well, they already say they will be expensive... And some 18 hdcp with more money than sense will drop ridiculous money to stay an 18... Well, stay an EXTREME 18, anyways...

Club ho Ryan Moore already has these in the bag.

http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2015/01/09/moore-passes-on-taylormade-contract-opts-to-go-it-alone.html

Quote:
Moore will continue to play a four-year-old TaylorMade Burner SuperFast TP driver and TaylorMade AeroBurner 3-wood — as well as an Adams Idea SUPER 9031 hybrid — but will have a set of Parsons Extreme Golf (PXG) prototype irons (4-PW) and wedges (54 and 60 degrees) in the bag for the first time.

According to Moore, he started started testing prototype irons over the winter and fell in love with Scottsdale-based PXG, which was launched by Bob Parsons, the founder of web domain GoDaddy and owner of Scottsdale National Golf Club and also an avid golfer.

Parson's unveiled his first prototype on Thursday when he tweeted out a photo of an iron with the markings PXG 03x on the back.

"I basically couldn't get them out of my bag," Moore said of the new irons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Yeah, CoG that gets shifted towards the heel is more draw bias.

Mike McLoughlin

Well, they already say they will be expensive... And some 18 hdcp with more money than sense will drop ridiculous money to stay an 18... Well, stay an EXTREME 18, anyways...

And why would that bother you enough to make that comment?  Is there some ceiling on how much an 18 should play for their equipment?

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I'm a bit intrigued ... just really don't like the name.  Xtreme screams "short-lived" and "gimmick" to me.  If it was just the irons with that name, that would be fine, but the company should just call themselves Parsons Golf.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Golfingdad, the name just isn't right. Kind of sounds like they should be non conforming mega distance clubs, bit like the Dunlop Rebel we have here in the UK. The irons don't even look that nice to be honest.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

1 - over time, they'll find a way to make those adjustable bits more attractive and streamlined.  stuff evolves

2 - yes, I do hope the advertisements will be GoDaddy tacky.  please

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!