IGNORED

How much golf could you play if you weren't limited by anything except your own endurance?

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much golf do you play weekly?

• Less than a round a week
    • 1 round per week
    • 2 rounds per week
    • 3 rounds
    • 4 rounds
    • 5 rounds or more?

How much could you play if you weren't limited by anything except your own endurance?

I didn't answer the poll that way.

I answered this question (the question asked in the poll):  "How much golf do you play weekly?"

I typically play one 9 hole round a week.  So, 1/2 round a week, or, less than 1.

I wish I could try two full rounds a week.  My limit would be when I played enough that I no longer felt that excitment thinking about the upcoming round.  If I got to that point, I'd be playing too much.  Not sure how many rounds that would be, if I had to guess I'd say 3 would be good, 4 would be too much.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can handle about 2 rounds a week comfortably. I've done four without trouble. What this year hold is yet to be seen. Probably two at most... unless I ride.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

@Lihu

I can edit the question if you would like.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@Lihu I can edit the question if you would like.

Sure, thanks.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I could play every day.  And during summer, I almost do play every day.  Makes up for all the downtime during the winter.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Last year, at age 64, I was on the course about 165 times out of 200 days between the middle of April and the end of October when the weather was favorable for golfing. 90+% of the time I walked.

I love this game! :-)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

During the golf season I get in approximately 2 rounds a week, if I had no limitations I would probably get in 5 rounds.  I'm 56 and I walk, I know I can't do 7 days a week, I can do 3 or 4 days in a row and then need a day off.  Not sure I could sustain that pace over a 5 or 6 month time frame, but sure would like to give it a try!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Walking, 6/week. With a cart, 7, no problem. I used to run regularly, less so now, but endurance is pretty good still, knock on wood.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I carry my bag. I've played 36 holes in a day plenty of times, so I suppose the answer is I could play 12 or 14 rounds a week. Of course I wouldn't - I have a life. Golf is just a walk. There's nothing difficult about walking ten miles a day, even for a 60 year-old like me, so I find it a bit difficult to conceive of one's physical stamina being the limiting factor unless one is elderly or in poor health.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

I carry my bag. I've played 36 holes in a day plenty of times, so I suppose the answer is I could play 12 or 14 rounds a week. Of course I wouldn't - I have a life. Golf is just a walk. There's nothing difficult about walking ten miles a day, even for a 60 year-old like me, so I find it a bit difficult to conceive of one's physical stamina being the limiting factor unless one is elderly or in poor health.

I wonder if taking more time helps. How long do you take for 18?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I answered the question based on the thread title, not the poll title.  I think if there was no other things keeping me from golfing - no wife, no kids, no job, no financial worries - then I'd play either 3 or 4 times per week.  (I chose 3)

That is a wild guess because I've actually never had an opportunity to play that much so I don't know if I'd get burned out or not.  I can imagine, though, a world where I golf virtually every other day and practice a bit either before or after each round.  That seems like it'd be a lot of fun. :beer:

3 rounds is right for me, and not in a row at that.   When playing more than 3 rounds per week, I get tired mentally and lose time to practice in between.   It also stop being fun.   All good things in moderation ....

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'm not sure what this question is getting after.

If you put a gun to my head and made me play as many rounds as I could endure without injuring myself, I'm guessing I could walk at least 7/week and sustain that for awhile. Maybe 10.5 (a round and a half). I ran 30-40/miles a week for years, no problemo. Walking that obviously is vastly less strenuous.

If I had no responsibilities, I'd play 4, maybe 5 rounds a week.

In real life, 2, maybe 3 a week.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm not sure what this question is getting after.

If you put a gun to my head and made me play as many rounds as I could endure without injuring myself, I'm guessing I could walk at least 7/week and sustain that for awhile. Maybe 10.5 (a round and a half). I ran 30-40/miles a week for years, no problemo. Walking that obviously is vastly less strenuous.

If I had no responsibilities, I'd play 4, maybe 5 rounds a week.

In real life, 2, maybe 3 a week.

Actually what I am finding is that the walking part is a pretty decent workout. Pushing a cart or carrying take about the same amount of effort.

What I am getting at is that your body should be getting a pretty good workout from the walking combined with making the strokes.

So, I've noticed that I although I am hitting 20 yards farther with all my irons and 25-40 yards further with my woods and hybrid, it takes a huge amount of bodily effort. Not just my shoulders, but my legs, torso, abdominal muscles, everything. At the end of 18 holes, I feel really worked out. This was not the case prior to gaining this distance.

I was kind of wondering if other people on this site felt the same way? I know some of the people I play with daily feel that it is a workout.

I carry my bag. I've played 36 holes in a day plenty of times, so I suppose the answer is I could play 12 or 14 rounds a week. Of course I wouldn't - I have a life.

Golf is just a walk. There's nothing difficult about walking ten miles a day, even for a 60 year-old like me, so I find it a bit difficult to conceive of one's physical stamina being the limiting factor unless one is elderly or in poor health.

Not from my experience. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

For me 3 rounds a week would probably be the ideal. I would feel it but not regret it.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Note: This thread is 3372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!