IGNORED

Dufner @ Honda less 20 lbs - Jason Dufner looks like a lean mean golfing machine

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's not like he's Maria Callas, where her weight loss changed her voice. His swing should be fine.

No more Dufnering. The Dufner got a Dufnover !

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's now at a healthy weight.  Before he wasn't.

I don't get those that say he doesn't look healthy.  Someone said he looks like an aids patient.  No he doesn't not even close.

The first pictures showing the comparison of before and after made him look a little bit anorexic, but the last few posted with his folded arms and swing look pretty healthy.

I'm sure his wife had something to do with the changeover, and for what he gave up to do this is way more healthy a lifestyle.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Good for Dufner. But how exactly does weight loss help with a neck injury?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

That's what I was wondering. Based on the tone of his responses, I think he thinks there's less "bad stuff" in his diet that will make injury to the neck less likely to return. I don't think it has anything to do with the weight and neck whatever. Antitoxins, that sort of thing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvySwede

That's what I was wondering. Based on the tone of his responses, I think he thinks there's less "bad stuff" in his diet that will make injury to the neck less likely to return. I don't think it has anything to do with the weight and neck whatever. Antitoxins, that sort of thing.

So your assertion is that based upon what he took out of his diet, he might get injured less?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

So your assertion is that based upon what he took out of his diet, he might get injured less?

Lihu, come on ... He said "I think he thinks" which means Steven is not making an "assertion," he's just guessing as to what Dufners comments mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Lihu, come on ... He said "I think he thinks" which means Steven is not making an "assertion," he's just guessing as to what Dufners comments mean.

Wow, you certainly took that in a bad way.

I was simply asking if he meant that taking something like alcohol out of his diet could help prevent "injuries" in the future?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

I was simply asking if he meant that taking something like alcohol out of his diet could help prevent "injuries" in the future?

@Golfingdad was correct. I meant Dufner thought taking bad stuff, whatever that is, out of his diet would be beneficial. What do I think? My motto is "eat a little of everything", emphasis on little . I'm the one who said I'd be hard pressed to give up bread and pasta.

Anyways, I found this bit that ought to settle things if the source is accurate and can write correctly (made him feel healthier.)

http://usgolftv.com/news/jason-dufner-sheds-25-pounds-goes-gluten-free/

Dufner says he has not felt good for two to three years and it all just blew up last year. He missed the end of the season playoffs, missed defending his PGA title and likely missed playing for the U.S. in the Ryder Cup because of his weight.

A new diet that is gluten-free has made his feel healthier. His diet’s goal is to remove inflammation from his body, which he says was behind his extra weight.

He believes most of the pain he experienced last season was due to tight and inflamed muscles compressed on nerves, which caused the pain he experienced in his right shoulder and his “dead arm.”

But wait, this is kind of sketchy too. Reducing inflammation reduces extra weight? Reporters and journalists are not doing a good job.

Ah, interesting, I did not know this - search on "gluten reduce inflammation"

https://www.google.com/search?q=gluten+reduces+inflammation&oq;=gluten+reduces+inflammation

Steve

Wow, you certainly took that in a bad way. I was simply asking if he meant that taking something like alcohol out of his diet could help prevent "injuries" in the future?

It's important that you're more careful with your language. Youre asking somebody to defend a position that they never took, and that's the kind of stuff that leads others to start arguing against straw men and other unnecessary stuff. That's all I'm getting at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvySwede

Sorry you and @Golfingdad took my statements in such an offensive manner, but this is what I was basing my statement upon. No harm intended.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

@Golfingdad was correct. I meant Dufner thought taking bad stuff, whatever that is, out of his diet would be beneficial. What do I think? My motto is "eat a little of everything", emphasis on little. I'm the one who said I'd be hard pressed to give up bread and pasta.

Anyways, I found this bit that ought to settle things if the source is accurate and can write correctly (made him feel healthier.)

http://usgolftv.com/news/jason-dufner-sheds-25-pounds-goes-gluten-free/

Quote:

Dufner says he has not felt good for two to three years and it all just blew up last year. He missed the end of the season playoffs, missed defending his PGA title and likely missed playing for the U.S. in the Ryder Cup because of his weight.

A new diet that is gluten-free has made his feel healthier. His diet’s goal is to remove inflammation from his body, which he says was behind his extra weight.

He believes most of the pain he experienced last season was due to tight and inflamed muscles compressed on nerves, which caused the pain he experienced in his right shoulder and his “dead arm.”

But wait, this is kind of sketchy too. Reducing inflammation reduces extra weight? Reporters and journalists are not doing a good job.

Ah, interesting, I did not know this - search on "gluten reduce inflammation"

https://www.google.com/search?q=gluten+reduces+inflammation&oq;=gluten+reduces+inflammation

Right, so some people are allergic to different food types including alcohol, and that was what I was asking if this is what you thought. Again sorry if you took it the wrong way. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Sorry you and @Golfingdad took my statements in such an offensive manner, but this is what I was basing my statement upon. No harm intended. Right, so some people are allergic to different food types including alcohol, and that was what I was asking if this is what you thought. Again sorry if you took it the wrong way. . .

You're not getting it. I wasn't offended by what you said and I'm 100% confident that steven wasn't either, and I also know for 100% that you didn't do it On purpose. All I'm saying is that you have to be careful to not attribute things to people that didn't say them.

Right, so some people are allergic to different food types including alcohol, and that was what I was asking if this is what you thought. Again sorry if you took it the wrong way. . .

It's all good, as @Golfingdad said, not offended at all.

Anyways, what I knew about gluten was sketchy and this made me read up on gluten as I've been purposely ignorant, just avoided learning about it. I now know about the relationship between gluten and inflammation and other things, so this thread has helped me learn a thing or two.

Steve

I'm not sure the whole gluten free thing is all it's cracked up to be. Certainly for someone who is genuinely gluten intolerant, it's the right way to go, but I think the percentage of the pop that refers to is much less than the proliferation of the gluten free page of every restaurant's menu has led us to believe.

Colin P.

I chuckled a bit when I read he gave up chocolate, peanut butter, fast food and was going gluten free in an attempt to detox his body but continues to pack his mouth with dip. :doh:

Joe Paradiso

I chuckled a bit when I read he gave up chocolate, peanut butter, fast food and was going gluten free in an attempt to detox his body but continues to pack his mouth with dip.

I'm sure it's gluten free dip :-P

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I chuckled a bit when I read he gave up chocolate, peanut butter, fast food and was going gluten free in an attempt to detox his body but continues to pack his mouth with dip.

I'm sure it's gluten free dip

Well, there's probably less of it? ;-)

Steve

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/80396/dufner-honda-less-20-lbs-jason-dufner-looks-like-a-lean-mean-golfing-machine-golf-digest/60#post_1110253"] Sorry you and @Golfingdad took my statements in such an offensive manner, but this is what I was basing my statement upon. No harm intended. Right, so some people are allergic to different food types including alcohol, and that was what I was asking if this is what you thought. Again sorry if you took it the wrong way. . .

You're not getting it. I wasn't offended by what you said and I'm 100% confident that steven wasn't either, and I also know for 100% that you didn't do it On purpose. All I'm saying is that you have to be careful to not attribute things to people that didn't say them.[/quote] I was right in asking as it turned out, because of his second statement. The way you responded to me was as if you were offended. Well, let's get this back on topic shall we?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!