IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He'll probably have fresh legs after sitting out most of last season. Minnesota still had the 13th best O-line in terms of moving the D-line on rushing downs.

I think he goes as one of the top 3 RB's. I doubt he'll fall. In the end he would end up leading all RB's by a large margin.

I don't know, AP hasn't played for almost a year and McKinnon will steal some downs from him.  If the Vikings can't generate a passing game with Bridgewater it's going to be tough for anyone (including AP) to rack up enough fantasy points to warrant a top 3 pick.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really didn't want to be the first to chime in on this...but crickets so far! :-P

The Patriots have done a masterful job of PR on this.  They quickly recognized that their fans will believe anything they have to say, and people who aren't pats fans won't believe anything they're going to say.  So they put out all sorts of nonsense--deflator = weight loss, "our economists say your scientists are wrong about science," "oh, that text message refers to my friend Thom Brady, not Tom Brady, and no, you can't talk to him," etc., just to give their fans something to hang their hat on.

My favorite part is that they refuse to turn over the text messages, destroy the phone, go to the hearing, submit their post-hearing briefs (this is each side's last say on the matter), then offer a list of the text messages Brady sent and invite the NFL to go see if the 200 people on that list will hand over the texts.  Its a ridiculous suggestion--the few people with the damning information would just refuse and it would take 6 months to get it all.  Refuse to give the information when its readily available, then roll over when its too late to get it anyway.

But it has nothing to do with winning.  Its all PR.  This lets Brady and his team tell fans that they did all they can--"We offered to give them everything but Goodell chose not to!  They're out to get us!  The Jets are behind this!"

Its like watching the political parties operate.  They ignore everything else and shout one message over and over again to change the conversation and mislead the public.  None of their explanations made sense.  Brady says he always destroys his phone, but then tells them he still has the older phone.  Bob Kraft is so angry that his QB is suspended for 4 games, yet he suspended the ball boys indefinitely for....not cheating?  Even if the think-tank economists know more about science than the scientists, its doesn't explain why the ball boy took the balls into the bathroom, or all the text messages, etc.   None of that matters, they have their talking points.

Its all about crafting the message.  And it shouldn't be surprising given the GQ article about Kraft's masterful PR job helping Goodell through his shameful butchering of the child abuse and spousal abuse cases.  He's really good at this.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

So a Jets fan organization paid to have a plane fly over Pats training camp with a sign reading "cheaters look up".

Kind of sucks when the highlight of your football season takes place during training camp.

• Upvote 1

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

So a Jets fan organization paid to have a plane fly over Pats training camp with a sign reading "cheaters look up". Kind of sucks when the highlight of your football season takes place during training camp.

That's what the Jets do every season look up in the standings

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Sam Bradford looks really good throwing the ball at Eagles camp. Accurate with every throw, short or long. Much stronger arm than Nick Foles and can make all the throws.so he can be a huge upgrade, and if he stays healthy the Eagles will win the division. If he gets hurt it is more Mark Sanchez. I will be surprised if Tebow makes the team.

Bill M

Sam Bradford looks really good throwing the ball at Eagles camp. Accurate with every throw, short or long. Much stronger arm than Nick Foles and can make all the throws.so he can be a huge upgrade, and if he stays healthy the Eagles will win the division. If he gets hurt it is more Mark Sanchez. I will be surprised if Tebow makes the team.

How would you know? Are you at training camp?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Originally Posted by phan52

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

How would you know? Are you at training camp?

I follow and read every little thing written by the local media and, yes, I actually did attend one practice. They have held multiple practices at the Linc where the public is welcome.

If Bradford stay healthy it isn't even close. They went 10-6 with Foles and Sanchez so there is no telling how good they can be with the substantial upgrade at QB.

Bill M

The problem is that Bradford seems to be made out of glass.  I'd have a hard time putting a team's season on his shoulders, especially with Sanchez as his backup.

FWIW, I've read a couple pieces by NFL analysts who say that Tebow stands a good chance of making the team.  They say his throwing action is much improved and there's talk that Chip Kelly may have some wildcat/goal line packages in mind for him.  Personally, I think I'd feel just as comfortable (maybe even more comfortable) with Tebow taking snaps as I would Sanchez, especially if the former is showing improvement as they say.

Kelly has made a lot of bold changes in the offseason.  It will be interesting to see how it pans out for the Eagles this year, and whether Chip ends up being considered a genius or a nut case. :-)

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I follow and read every little thing written by the local media and, yes, I actually did attend one practice. They have held multiple practices at the Linc where the public is welcome.

If Bradford stay healthy it isn't even close. They went 10-6 with Foles and Sanchez so there is no telling how good they can be with the substantial upgrade at QB.

Bradford could be an upgrade over Foles if he can stay healthy.  He's missed 1 1/2 seasons so there's no telling how he will come back and play but he has potential to be a top QB.  As a Jets fan I'd make sure Bradford stays healthy since Sanchez and Tebow are not going to win you many games, the best hope is they don't lose you many.

A lot of pieces were shuffled in the NFC East, so it will be interesting to see how the Eagles do with Bradford at QB but no McCoy or Maclin (Cooper is not a #1 WR on any team in the NFL) but adding Matthews & Murray should be an upgrade at RB and how the Dallas offense does without Murray.  Washington will be in the basement unless RG3 returns to his rookie form, which leaves the Giants and a few questions surrounding their offense and defense.

Joe Paradiso

Bradford could be an upgrade over Foles if he can stay healthy.  He's missed 1 1/2 seasons so there's no telling how he will come back and play but he has potential to be a top QB.  As a Jets fan I'd make sure Bradford stays healthy since Sanchez and Tebow are not going to win you many games, the best hope is they don't lose you many.   A lot of pieces were shuffled in the NFC East, so it will be interesting to see how the Eagles do with Bradford at QB but no McCoy or Maclin (Cooper is not a #1 WR on any team in the NFL) but adding Matthews & Murray should be an upgrade at RB and how the Dallas offense does without Murray.  Washington will be in the basement unless RG3 returns to his rookie form, which leaves the Giants and a few questions surrounding their offense and defense.

Philly improved but Dal will run away with the division. Defense much improved as is the O line. They will miss Murray but I think the D improvement more than compensates for that. Should be fun.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Philly improved but Dal will run away with the division. Defense much improved as is the O line. They will miss Murray but I think the D improvement more than compensates for that. Should be fun.

Nobody is running away with the division. It will be competitive to the end between Dallas and Philly and I also think the Giants still have one more run in them. The Redskins have some decent players but they are very thin everywhere and can't afford any injuries

The Eagles running game will be much better with Murray and Matthews and they will put the Eagles in far fewer third and longs like McCoy did with his dancing act. I was never a Shady McCoy fan for that reason. He made a lot of big plays, but he led the NFL in negative plays as well and that just puts the offense in a hole and leads to a lot of three and outs. And if anybody is improved on defense it is the Eagles. Their better players are intact ( the line and the LB's) and they have completely redone what was a horrible secondary. The division will be competitive.

Bill M

When was the last time anybody ran away with that division?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

When was the last time anybody ran away with that division?

That was sorta my point. I believe Dallas has separated themselves over the off season so much that I do see them 3 or 4 games ahead by season's end. Obviously this depends on health, as it does every year. If Romo goes down early, Dallas is done because even with the great team they've built, it won't be able to overcome Brandon Wheedon.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

That was sorta my point. I believe Dallas has separated themselves over the off season so much that I do see them 3 or 4 games ahead by season's end. Obviously this depends on health, as it does every year. If Romo goes down early, Dallas is done because even with the great team they've built, it won't be able to overcome Brandon Wheedon.

That's absurd. Dallas's defense was much improved last season for one reason: the efficiency of the offense. They didn't spend as much time on the field as the season before when they were one of the worst defenses in the league. In 2014, Dallas went from 24th to 3rd in time of possession. Losing Murray will have a huge impact as far as that offensive efficiency is concerned, and that will have a further effect on the defense. Darren McFadden? Please.

Bill M

That's absurd. Dallas's defense was much improved last season for one reason: the efficiency of the offense. They didn't spend as much time on the field as the season before when they were one of the worst defenses in the league. In 2014, Dallas went from 24th to 3rd in time of possession. Losing Murray will have a huge impact as far as that offensive efficiency is concerned, and that will have a further effect on the defense. Darren McFadden? Please.

I wasn't talking about last season's D improvement but what they did this off season. They will be better, they will be in the backfield much more than they were last season. Better field position will help take some pressure off the O.

Ouch!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-sucker-punched-in-jets-locker-room-out-6-10-weeks/

Jets just can't win lately. They've got several injuries already and now this.

Quote:
Geno Smith “sucker punched” in Jets’ locker room, out 6-10 weeks
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 11, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Geno Smith AP

Jets quarterback Geno Smith has been injured in a fight in the team’s locker room and will likely miss the start of the regular season.

In a stunning announcement today, Jets coach Todd Bowles said that Smith suffered a broken jaw when he was “sucker punched” by Jets linebacker IK Enemkpali . The Jets have cut Enemkpali as a result.

Smith is expected to miss 6-10 weeks. The Jets’ opener is less than five weeks away, so Smith will almost certainly miss some time to start the regular season.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ouch!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-sucker-punched-in-jets-locker-room-out-6-10-weeks/

Jets just can't win lately. They've got several injuries already and now this.

:banana::banana:

I am not happy that Geno got sucker punched or had his jaw broken but I am happy that we now will have a chance to see a real QB (Fitzpatrick) run the Jets offense.  I have no confidence in Geno's ability to minimize turnovers and make clutch passes to Marshal and Decker.

Joe Paradiso

Ouch! [URL=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-sucker-punched-in-jets-locker-room-out-6-10-weeks/]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-sucker-punched-in-jets-locker-room-out-6-10-weeks/[/URL] Jets just can't win lately. They've got several injuries already and now this.

Man, that sux. Glad they cut the prick. Geno wasn't taking the Jets anywhere tho so this might be a blessing, as unfortunate as it is for him.

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!