IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 3015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What he did, may not have been right, but it wasn't cheating.  That's the problem with all of the Patriots haters.. It would've been cheating if they were trying to use the signals during the game, which they weren't.

If it wasnt cheating, no draft pick would have been lost and the fines would not have existed, they were fortunate enough that goodell was in on it by destroying the tapes.

If a real deflateglate investigation takes place and belicheat and co are found innocent, then they will have their first legitimate super bowl win.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it wasnt cheating, no draft pick would have been lost and the fines would not have existed, they were fortunate enough that goodell was in on it by destroying the tapes.

If a real deflateglate investigation takes place and belicheat and co are found innocent, then they will have their first legitimate super bowl win.

Please, they hammered Belichek to make an example and to get everyone to stop the practice.  The Patriots were sent a memo like everyone else and they didn't stop the practice.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Please, they hammered Belichek to make an example and to get everyone to stop the practice.  The Patriots were sent a memo like everyone else and they didn't stop the practice.

which pretty much makes them guilty. the whole new england chant of *everyone is doing it, we are the only ones dumb enough to get caught* is weak and old at this point

Follow me on twitter

which pretty much makes them guilty. the whole new england chant of *everyone is doing it, we are the only ones dumb enough to get caught* is weak and old at this point

Not nearly as weak and old as the "belicheat" nonsense.

Not nearly as weak and old as the "belicheat" nonsense.

on that i disagree, because *belicheat* is more likely true than *everyone else was doing it, but the world wants to pick on us*

and one that i will never get tied of - *18-1*

Follow me on twitter

Agree.  They sound like third graders when they say Belicheat.  They should grow up.

I think you're giving them too much credit. Part of why I'm happy when the Steelers and Patriots win games is that it provides a great filter. We get nicknames that edgy teenagers would be ashamed to utter.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Except that this occurred in 2007 and it's now 2015. So the only time that there was an issue was one year, so even if you believeht they cheated in 2007, that ship has long passed. And that's my whole problem with this. The Pats have been far superior since the camera issue and yet everyone continues to try and bring this up time and time again.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

The Pats have been far superior since the camera issue and yet everyone continues to try and bring this up time and time again.

Superior to what? winning ONE super bowl since then - quite a few teams have done that and one has even won TWO.

Follow me on twitter

• Administrator

Superior to what? winning ONE super bowl since then - quite a few teams have done that and one has even won TWO.

Then do this: put an avatar of support FOR the team you like rather than the obnoxious one you have employed. Your team beat them twice and yet you put the negative up instead of the positive.

Change it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Winning the Superbowl isn't the only measure of a great team.  They are 100-28 since 2006, no other team comes close.  They have won the division every year but 1, when Brady was hurt, and they have been to 5 Divisional Championship games in 8 years. And they have been to three Superbowls, although they only one won.  They are the model of consistency and have been for 15 years, bar none.

-Jerry

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/report-nfl-begin-researching-belichick-camera-proposal [QUOTE]When Bill Belichick and the Patriots proposed a rule change at last week's owners meetings that would add cameras to the sidelines, end lines and goal lines at NFL stadiums to ensure better replay angles, it wasn't passed. But it wasn't voted down, either. The league tabled the proposal in order to research the use of fixed cameras and stadium video in the replay system, and it appears as though that research will commence on Monday, according to NFL Media's Albert Breer. Breer tweeted that the NFL is looking for "the right technology and then how to best integrate the cameras into the replay system that will work in all 31 stadiums." When asked about the proposal on Tuesday morning at the AFC Coaches Breakfast, Belichick did not seem all that hopeful that it would pass. According to him, one of the barriers to its passage would be the amount of money it would cost. "It’s disappointing every year we can’t afford that as a league," Belichick said. "They brought that up as a concern. It was kind of surprising to hear that." At last year's breakfast, Belichick echoed a similar sentiment: "We just spent however many millions of dollars on the replay system. I mean, there are 1,000 cameras in every stadium, so if somebody spills a beer on somebody, we have it on record, right? Maybe we could have a bake sale to raise some money for the cameras. We could do a car wash." Patriots chairman and CEO Robert Kraft said on Monday that the NFL could afford anything that "supports the integrity or body of the game," though Giants owner John Mara, a member of the Competition Committee, said last week that he was "not optimistic" the proposal would go through. That there will be some research conducted to see how the Patriots proposal might work does not guarantee that there will be more cameras at NFL stadiums next year, but it's a step in the right direction to enhancing the replay system and giving officials the best possible resources to get calls right. [/QUOTE]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/29/instant-replay-changes-more-cameras

More here.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So, they cheated.

Bill M

I propose that we start a thread about the patriots and if they cheated or not, and keep this thread to just discuss stuff for 2015 and going forward.. I feel like we keep just going back to the same old story of they cheated, no they didn't yes they did sort of stuff.  just my 2 cents.

ps  I'm not starting it because it's not worth it, but if someone else really wants to talk about it go ahead :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

So, they cheated.

I have to ask: Dustin Johnson at the 2010 PGA Championship. Do you think he cheated on hole 72? If not, can you please explain the distinction to me?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I have to ask: Dustin Johnson at the 2010 PGA Championship. Do you think he cheated on hole 72? If not, can you please explain the distinction to me?

There is no way this is on topic my friend..

Eyad

There is no way this is on topic my friend..

Objection over-ruled.  (Being facetious, obviously, as I'm not a TST "judge")  But it's a rhetorical question and his point is clear.  Johnson went afoul of the rules because he didn't fully read the memo that they were given at the beginning of the tournament, not because he cheated. @Shindig is making a fairly straight-forward analogy, IMO.  Now, I think it's assumed that the difference is that Johnson mistakenly misread or skimmed over the memo, whereas Belicheck is assumed to have read and scoffed at it.

Regardless, it's not nearly as blatant as revisionists like to remember it as being.  They like to remember it as "he taped other teams sidelines because he's a big a-hole cheater," whereas its closer to "he kept doing the exact thing that every team was doing a wee bit longer than the league preferred."  But the second one doesn't have the same ring to it to fit the "Belichecks a giant douchebag" narrative.

P.S.  Not to mention, if we're going to be anal about whats considered on-topic, then I'd argue that this entire dialogue is not because none of it has squat to do with 2015. :-P

Objection over-ruled.  (Being facetious, obviously, as I'm not a TST "judge")  But it's a rhetorical question and his point is clear.  Johnson went afoul of the rules because he didn't fully read the memo that they were given at the beginning of the tournament, not because he cheated. @Shindig is making a fairly straight-forward analogy, IMO.  Now, I think it's assumed that the difference is that Johnson mistakenly misread or skimmed over the memo, whereas Belicheck is assumed to have read and scoffed at it. Regardless, it's not nearly as blatant as revisionists like to remember it as being.  They like to remember it as "he taped other teams sidelines because he's a big a-hole cheater," whereas its closer to "he kept doing the exact thing that every team was doing a wee bit longer than the league preferred."  But the second one doesn't have the same ring to it to fit the "Belichecks a giant douchebag" narrative. P.S.  Not to mention, if we're going to be anal about whats considered on-topic, then I'd argue that this entire dialogue is not because none of it has squat to do with 2015. :-P

Fair enough, but I was looking at it as in the whole topic of what happened with spy gate is off topic and let's keep this thread about the NFL in 2015 :)

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!