IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You know Erik, these snippy comments get old sometimes, I'm at work, shouldn't even be online, and don't have the time to look it up.

OT I know, but I'm not really worried about messing up the flow of your TMZ thread here.

This entire thread, and the above quote about the leader of this place, is why I registered a long time ago and haven't brought myself to post here. Some of you are very talented at golf, a lot of you are people I don't like sharing my free time with though, even just reading things on the internet. I'll go back to lurking and trying to improve my golf swing, but since I saw this news on yahoo yesterday I knew this thread would come up. I've been around forums since about 1998, all different kinds, and this is one of the most pretentious and unfriendly places I have been a part of (even as a lurker). Thanks for the people that are real, most of you are far from it. "She's an attention *****, I know because I read everything about her and follow her on instagram." lol So, so funny.

It's his wife of 3 years. Dufner made $300K on Tour as far back as 2004. His career took off in 2009. They apparently met through mutual friends at Auburn. So all sayeth Wikipedia. Why do you feel the need to prove it at all? Whatever their reasons for getting married or getting divorced, why do you feel the need to pass judgment on it when it affects you in exactly zero ways? Unless you're trying to woo the former Mrs. Dufner yourself, I don't know why you're so keen to get into the details of her character.

Very good point indeed. I'll stop here. I believe Amanda Dufner is a gold digger. I also believe she had an affair which is why she got a "small" amount in the divorce. She'll be on the arm of another rich guy within a few months. Just life.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OT I know, but I'm not really worried about messing up the flow of your TMZ thread here.

This entire thread, and the above quote about the leader of this place, is why I registered a long time ago and haven't brought myself to post here. Some of you are very talented at golf, a lot of you are people I don't like sharing my free time with though, even just reading things on the internet. I'll go back to lurking and trying to improve my golf swing, but since I saw this news on yahoo yesterday I knew this thread would come up. I've been around forums since about 1998, all different kinds, and this is one of the most pretentious and unfriendly places I have been a part of (even as a lurker). Thanks for the people that are real, most of you are far from it. "She's an attention *****, I know because I read everything about her and follow her on instagram." lol So, so funny.

Hi, thanks for posting! I think you'll find that most folks who share your views as I understand them are ones who aren't making comments one way or another with respect to stuff like this. They're just marking as read and rolling their eyes, haha. So feel free to engage in discussions here and elsewhere; I think you'll find most people on here quite pleasant and reasonable.

• Upvote 2

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Welcome to TST. I'm sorry you feel such a negative way about the entire site because there is so much more to it. Good things and bad things, just like in real life interactions with different types of people.

I agree that there's an unfortunate element of negativity on this site, but there are also many good posters and positive thinkers.

Stick around a bit, maybe you'll find the right group with which to interact. :beer:

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't.

Well, we did make some pretty negative comments about Amanda without any real proof.

For all we know, they could still care for each other and just found that they need to lead separate lives. A professional golfer spends a great deal of time training, maybe the schedule is too rough on her?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Well, we did make some pretty negative comments about Amanda without any real proof.

For all we know, they could still care for each other and just found that they need to lead separate lives. A professional golfer spends a great deal of time training, maybe the schedule is too rough on her?

Not me.  And not most of the people on this site.  A few may have, but that's on them, not the site.  If new guy wants to roll us all in a blanket and label us because a few do things like that to Amanda Dufner and others, then so be it.  But I'm not going to agree with him that he's right and I'm not going to let you say he's right without a little push back.  He's not right.

Not me.  And not most of the people on this site.  A few may have, but that's on them, not the site.  If new guy wants to roll us all in a blanket and label us because a few do things like that to Amanda Dufner and others, then so be it.  But I'm not going to agree with him that he's right and I'm not going to let you say he's right without a little push back.  He's not right.

I agree with this. . .that's what I was trying to dispel . That we are all the same. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

And when it comes right down to it, it is none of our damn business anyway.

I'm more than happy to pass a negative judgement on people who post pictures of themselves like this.

There's that word again -  narshiccistisstic.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
You know Erik, these snippy comments get old sometimes, I'm at work, shouldn't even be online, and don't have the time to look it up.

So let me get this straight. You have a question. Rather than look it up yourself, you'd rather ask others to spend their time doing your Googling for you. And, when told the equivalent of "Google it yourself" your reaction is to be offended at the snippiness?

Ooooookay.

Erik gold digging isn't something that's "proved". Can I prove that Anna Nicole Smith was a gold digger? How can anyone "prove" a woman is a gold digger?

The basics of gold digging are that one marrys or dates another for a primary interest of money. It is often an attractive female with an unattractive and/or much older man.

I know what it is. Fact remains you know very little and are making judgments based on this very little. I prefer to remain judgment free. I don't care about the personal lives of PGA Tour golfers. Just their golf.

You know damn good and well that had Jason Dufner been a greens keeper when Amanda met him this relationship would never had happened.

No I don't. And you don't either.

I agree. I also disagree, as you can see above, that asking someone to do something for themselves instead of asking others is not "snippy" or negative.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm more than happy to pass a negative judgement on people who post pictures of themselves like this.

There;s that word again -  narshiccistisstic.

Yeah, this seems a little bit too "artsy" for me too, but I'm an engineer so what the heck do I know about art? :-X

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

No, I am right, and it's been said many times before (I know, because I lurk). Yeah, you are right that the majority of registered members on this site did not post in this thread, but that's a bad argument because that's not how forums work. Forum "attitudes" are based on the "regular" posters that you see all the time, not the users who don't post, and look at this thread, names that are regular on this site. Yeah, most users didn't post in this thread, only the most visible ones that make post's all the time did...and that's the reason people say these things. Think you're right all you want, but you are wrong.

I'm not a bad guy and I'm not "wrong" because I feel how I feel. Have a good day Gd, enjoy your golf!

No, I am right, and it's been said many times before (I know, because I lurk). Yeah, you are right that the majority of registered members on this site did not post in this thread, but that's a bad argument because that's not how forums work. Forum "attitudes" are based on the "regular" posters that you see all the time, not the users who don't post, and look at this thread, names that are regular on this site. Yeah, most users didn't post in this thread, only the most visible ones that make post's all the time did...and that's the reason people say these things. Think you're right all you want, but you are wrong.

I'm not a bad guy and I'm not "wrong" because I feel how I feel. Have a good day Gd, enjoy your golf!

A lot of posters do their best to call out bad attitudes and do their best to effect change. Instead of sitting on the sidelines getting mad, join in and challenge people whom you disagree with. That's how things change. And I realize that you're doing that with your post, but you're also writing off the forum and most of its membership as beyond help. I think that's the wrong attitude to take.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Great of you to have your opinion, but… in my opinion, it's lame of you to judge without much info. Heck, the facts that exist seem to contradict your version of reality: she filed for divorce and is only getting $2.5M. That's not even half of what he made last year.

::scratching head::

Speaking of contradicting....based on your devil's advocate scenario she should be getting a lot more than $2.5M. If she was a loving devoted wife and Duff went to her and said he was done, or better yet, was cheating- she would be looking at an easy $5M+. Based on this small settlement for her, she clearly went to him and said she didnt' want to be married to him anymore and that if he paid her a respectable severance, that she would simply go away.

A lot of posters do their best to call out bad attitudes and do their best to effect change. Instead of sitting on the sidelines getting mad, join in and challenge people whom you disagree with. That's how things change. And I realize that you're doing that with your post, but you're also writing off the forum and most of its membership as beyond help. I think that's the wrong attitude to take.

Now I am truly sorry for derailing this thread, no sarcasm (it's hard to read inflection/tone in a post), this will be my last post here about this. Mods feel free to clean up my garbage if you want.

This is a copy of a pm I sent a member a few minutes ago:

Thanks for your reply, thanks for reminding me you're right. I'm in a bad mood sitting at work and browsing the site and probably shouldn't have said anything. I am so conflicted because I have read a lot of great things on here, and the golf/swing information is invaluable (even from people who's online posting personalities I don't get along with)...I have almost made the "Hi, my name is..." post many times and then reading certain things turn me off.

Again, you're probably absolutely right about the good outweighing the negativity, your post is a good example of what I am giving up by not being a part of the community. Maybe one day, but until then I don't trust myself to post because I'll end up getting banned for being a jerk to some people.

Have a great day and a good rest of your week.

I stand by how I feel, but I apologize for the way I went about it. At the very bottom of it all, you (and others) are probably right, that me painting an entire forum with the same brush is not smart. I read this forum daily, multiple times, so for that I say thanks for all the info.

Have a good day all.

Travis

There's that word again -  narshiccistisstic.

Would you like to tell me what's wrong with this photo? Because from what I see, she's not doing anything wrong.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

::scratching head:: Speaking of contradicting....based on your devil's advocate scenario she should be getting a lot more than $2.5M. If she was a loving devoted wife and Duff went to her and said he was done, or better yet, was cheating- she would be looking at an easy $5M+. Based on this small settlement for her, she clearly went to him and said she didnt' want to be married to him anymore and that if he paid her a respectable severance, that she would simply go away.

I think what he is saying is that Amanda did not do things like a gold digger. - She is the one that filed for divorce. Gold diggers only do that if they are going to get a big settlement usually after a long time and they rarely do that - Better to just keep spending the money. - She got less than half of what he made LAST YEAR alone. Not sure why you are scratching your head. You seem to agree with Erik on that. Either she is one of the worst gold diggers or she simply was not one. I am choosing to believe the latter.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

wtf is wrong with some of you people?  how do you all know that jason isnt a class A douchebag at home?  do you really imagine that you know exactly what kind of person amanda is?  we really know hardly anything and really should do anything but wish both of them the best until we KNOW OTHERWISE.

One important fact: in the eyes of the court a real marriage is not recognized until the parties hit 5 years. This will be a quick settlement. Some might say they were polar opposites and some might say it was his DCG. The only people that can truly tell you are Amanda, Jason or Fritz. Anyone up for trying to get them on conference call?

Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!