IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88

Note: This thread is 2294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/bubba-watson-sinks-ridiculous-putt-during-us-open-practice-round?cid=pgacomsocial_20150612_47443606&adbid;=10152916450627322&adbpl;=fb&adbpr;=49600122321

Got to love crazy green complexes ;)

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2015/6/12/8770471/us-open-golf-2015-tee-times-pairings-thursday-friday

A couple of the pairings... USGA site hasn't updated it yet...

They are up now

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/news/articles/2015-06-12/201506121434132874296.html

What I can't figure out is why there are 6 slots listed at TBD?

I haven't looked to see if all those qualified are listed in tee times, but I thought the only remaining way to qualify is to be in the OWGR top 60 as of Monday (and to have not be previously qualified) or to get a special exemption (which is unlikely, but could be 1 or 2 at the most).

Always love looking at the pairings and finding a trend in them but don't really see any this year. You've got US Open veterans paired in Els, Goosen and Ogilvy but that's about all I see. Nothing crazy or unique.

Is

They are up now

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/news/articles/2015-06-12/201506121434132874296.html

What I can't figure out is why there are 6 slots listed at TBD?

I haven't looked to see if all those qualified are listed in tee times, but I thought the only remaining way to qualify is to be in the OWGR top 60 as of Monday (and to have not be previously qualified) or to get a special exemption (which is unlikely, but could be 1 or 2 at the most).

Yeah, I think they could be waiting til Monday to see the OWGR.

Seems odd that the group which tees off Thurs in the morning, then tees off Friday in the afternoon.  But the group that tees off Thursday afternoon, then tees off Friday morning.  One guy gets a long rest but the other is rushed.

Seems odd that the group which tees off Thurs in the morning, then tees off Friday in the afternoon.  But the group that tees off Thursday afternoon, then tees off Friday morning.  One guy gets a long rest but the other is rushed.

I think it has more to do with weather. In some of these tournaments you get situations where weather can consistently be calm in the morning versus the afternoon. Like at The Player's you see a lot more wind in the afternoon than in the morning, especially when the wind shifts from off the ocean.

There's some good groups. Spieth, Day, and Rose. DJ, Adam Scott, and Sergio. Phil with Bubba. Tiger with Rickie. Will this be streamed online?

The featured groups will be streaming online and on the U.S Open App. Featured Groups for Thursday & Friday(Tee Times Thursday, Friday). Pacific Time. 7:33, 1:33-Angel Cabrera, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson. 8:28, 2:28-Martin Kaymer, Rory McIlroy, Gunn Yang(A) 2:17, 8:17-Jason Day, Justin Rose, Jordan Spieth 2:28, 8:28-Rickie Fowler, Louis Oosthuizen, Tiger Woods.

I'm pretty sure that's how they always do that. No other way really to guarantee everyone plays both morning and afternoon

Always love looking at the pairings and finding a trend in them but don't really see any this year. You've got US Open veterans paired in Els, Goosen and Ogilvy but that's about all I see. Nothing crazy or unique.

They really are the most random pairings I've ever seen.

Poor Webb Simpson paired up with Keegan and Kevin Na....hahahahahahaha.

Maybe that was on purpose for the little jab he made about not coming early to play Chambers. B-)

Decent pairings I guess. Doesnt appear much creativity went into them though. I feel bad for Gunn Yang. Always seems he is getting paired with the biggest names. They should put him with no namers and maybe he won't feel as pressured.

They really are the most random pairings I've ever seen. Poor Webb Simpson paired up with Keegan and Kevin Na....hahahahahahaha.  Maybe that was on purpose for the little jab he made about not coming early to play Chambers.B-)

Is Simpson known as a fast player?

Is Simpson known as a fast player?

Since you asked I decided to do some research and found out that Webb is a slow player as well, lol. Perhaps they wanted to group up all the slow quirky players together.

Since you asked I decided to do some research and found out that Webb is a slow player as well, lol. Perhaps they wanted to group up all the slow quirky players together.

I would hate to be behind that group. Like 4 old ladies at a weekend muni!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim

I would hate to be behind that group. Like 4 old ladies at a weekend muni!

That's the first thought that crossed my mind too.  I sure hope that the committee is ready with their stopwatches. :smartass:

Note: This thread is 2294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!