IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Love the fact that two local kids will hit the first shots off the 1st and 10th tees........

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I have not read all the posts in this thread, so if I am duplicating stuff, my apologies. I am reading lots of bad press from various media out lets about how this US-O has been set up. Lots pissing and moaning from some players. Actually from the usual bunch of players who always piss and moan every year about this time.

In my humble (wgas) opinion, if the players do not like the conditions, then don't play in the tournament. They are all playing under the same conditions, and if a players feels he does not have the shots in his bag to be competitive, they should just move on, and play some where's else this week. These are the best of the best, and being the best of best players in the world means that they sometimes have to adapts their games to be competitive. This is one of those times.

Regardless of the conditions, someone is going to win this major. It matters little if it the winner cards a +5, or a -12. There is no reason for the players to feel this set up has to end with 30%+ of players winding up with a negative score. This should be the toughest tournament the pros play every year. It's the US-O, and the scores should be higher.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Totally agree. Par should be a good score. Those that are already complaining are a few strokes behind before the tourney starts. It's the same for everyone. The best players in the world need to be tested. Majors with 20 under scores are too common in my book.

Chambers Bay got its name thanks to a settler chasing off some "Brits" with a rifle back in 1849.

Banel, a local historian, writes:

Quote:
In those early years of the 19th century, British and American interests were battling for domination of all of what's now Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, along with parts of Montana, Wyoming, and British Columbia. The area was known then as the "Oregon Country;" a treaty signed in 1819 allowed the British and the Americans to jointly occupy the land.

The Hudson's Bay Company was here to collect animal skins for sale in Asia, but Americans came here, too, as missionaries and settlers looking to homestead on the land. Under joint occupation, it was essentially a numbers game — if more Americans than British settled here, it would create the political will necessary for Oregon to become part of the United States.

Thomas M. Chambers was one of the tens of thousands of Americans who headed west to the Oregon Country in the 1840s. Chambers, along with his wife and six sons, left their native Kentucky and hit the Oregon Trail in 1845.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Being from the area... I hope one of the stars wins this Championship. It will seem more legit if a one hit wonder doesn't win. I'm not a big Phil fan, bit I would love to see him complete his slam. I think he's perfect for this course.

I think Chambers Bay is going to be AWESOME. Really pumped for this Open.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Main thing I'm worried about is Fox. Read a few articles this morning and there's some concern about the coverage. Most articles are concerned the network may be taking the technology a little too far. That's also my concern. I hope they don't overload us with too many new things. Golf is a sport that you need to just focus on covering the players and the action....not worry so much about gadgets and pro tracers and crazy audio and visuals.

Totally agree. Par should be a good score. Those that are already complaining are a few strokes behind before the tourney starts.

It's the same for everyone. The best players in the world need to be tested. Majors with 20 under scores are too common in my book.

Never is too common for you? :-D

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

The reason I think anyone can win ,even TW. Is the fact this isn't the Masters where everyone knows this course. No one does, which means anything can happen. I am really looking forward to a wild 4 (maybe more) days.

Kid that I played with in a school tournament this year qualified. He is 15 and I bet there is some talk some where in this thread but haven't looked through it. Really interested to see how he does considering he shot one over on a par 71, 133/71.3 course.

Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!